Soccer The Manchester United SUPER Thread

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
to be honest since foxtel lost the epl i only really watch the united games on optus is matic any good? ive been reading he is was on the bench, i hope he becomes a mata and the fans love him
It definitely fixes a problem in dcm

Carrick is too old and felliani is definitely not the answer

Matic will free up pogba and Herrera to play a more forward role. Hence those two arriving the box late for more attacking opportunities.

Matic fixes a lot of our problems in going forward imo

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
to be honest since foxtel lost the epl i only really watch the united games on optus is matic any good? ive been reading he is was on the bench, i hope he becomes a mata and the fans love him
Matic is a really good defensive mid, does all the tough stuff. His even got a decent shot on him and his passing is pretty good as well.

jmaamary

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He was one of the unsung hero's for Chelsea last year along with Azpilicueta that didn't get the plaudits they deserved. I really think this is our missing piece. As mentioned above this will free up Pogba and others to push forward and attack. He is also fantastic at protecting the back 4 as well. I have always admired him as a player and am feeling more confident going into this season now

jmaamary

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
State backed team have found a way to dance their way around FFP. Still don't think they can will UCL

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The transfer fee and wages are insane!!!!!

Ffs imagine earning that money purely for playing the sport you love

jmaamary

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mourinho wants another winger, but if Martial keeps up his preseason form I think we will be ok

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Steven Gerrard reckons liverscum will finish 2nd. LOL

With the extra european games and the lack in depth of the squad, I can't wait for the scouse boom bust cycle to take full effect
boom bust.jpg

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Please tell he didn't say they were going to win the league ... they have no depth whatsoever
Nah he reckons 2nd.

If they lose Coutinho as well, it's going to be hilarious. Apparently Klopp is threatening to quit if Coutinho is sold.

Meanwhile, I'm quietly confident about our chances, the squad has taken a very nice shape, we've got talent, solved a major problem in defensive centre mid with Matic, and depth for most of our positions. I reckon we can push for the title his year

jmaamary

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nah he reckons 2nd.

If they lose Coutinho as well, it's going to be hilarious. Apparently Klopp is threatening to quit if Coutinho is sold.

Meanwhile, I'm quietly confident about our chances, the squad has taken a very nice shape, we've got talent, solved a major problem in defensive centre mid with Matic, and depth for most of our positions. I reckon we can push for the title his year
I think the Matic signing is massively underrated. I think we will have a solid year.

It would be hilarious to see Klopp walk .. they will flood the mersyside with scouser tears

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think we will see how far we've come in the European Super Cup against Madrid. With no left back and Bailly out I think the defence is a bit short.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Nah he reckons 2nd.

Im super confident, out of the challenging sides we made the most sensible signings:

Arsenal: Lacazette is super overrated, I bet that he will get a maximum 12-13 goals in the Premier League only. Way way to many average players in there squad.

Liverpool: Salah is a gem however they lack a proper goal scorer and that will hurt them the most (Sturridge doesn't count, his injured 90% of the time). Not to mention if Coutinho leaves they lose most of there creativity.

Chelsea: Losing one of the best premier league goal scorers and signed the most overrated striker in Europe at the moment. He will only score 20 or less goals in all comps if he has a good year. Watched him heaps for Madrid and even when I was over in Spain and watched him live it was noticeable he lacks something extra that makes great strikers great. Also like I said earlier in this thread when Bakayoko was linked to Utd, he isn't as good as people say he is, a worse version of Kante is all he is.

Man City: LOL. Kyle Walker will be a good signing even if they massively over paid for him even in this market. Ederson will struggle in his first season or 2 some what like Dea Gea did but he looks like a keeper thats a good shot stopper but his overall play does lack. Mendy is going to be amazing going forward but he is terrible defensively, he will get caught out so much this season. Bernardo Silva is a really good player but like with Danilo it seems like Pep has forgotten that this isn't Barca or Bayern, you cant just expect players to sit on the bench and have multiple quality players in each position.

Spurs: While they haven't made any major changes, they should still compete has they have a extremely solid roster however there home games will be played at Wembley which could affect them.