The Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've followed the Bulldogs since 1962; that is 55 seasons. And bloody hell, there have been plenty of lows but they were eclipsed by the highs. It was reading Papa Het's post: "A large proportion of once loyal fans have given up on the team". Having read it through I thought "Yeah. Fuck it. I'm outta here".

There are two reasons for this.

The first is that I'm totally fed up with the ad nauseam display of tonight's error ridden incompetence from a side coached by a one syllable moron, plus the low life refereeing. The second is that I have terminal cancer and according to the experts I'll be at the checkout around October this year.

Its not the cancer I'm bitching about, I've copped that sweet. But Geez, I need more than the Bulldogs to bring positives into my life and I discovered that its not the Aussie cricket team either. Maybe I'll take on my wife at ping pong.

So farewell and all the best to you Kennelers who are left. We may yet see a modern miracle with the Bulldogs raising the Provan-Summons Trophy on Grand Final day.:grinning:

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Fuck Izzy...

I am really REALLY sorry to hear of your diagnosis mate. Always valued you as a poster around here.

My grandfather has terminal cancer as well (multiple myeloma), and the docs can't give him a timeframe.

If you ever need anyone to talk to, feel free to jump on here and fire me a PM.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Shame the doggies couldnt get up in 2012 or 2014 for you, while I dont think we have a chance this year you never know. As frustrating as it can be to watch, might as well ride it out till the end.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
At least you wont hear the bitching and whinging that goes on around here anymore.. #Blessed :tonguewink:

Just be strong mate and remember life is meant to be unhappy for one can be relieved once rested.

Lets hope the boys bring it home for you champion.

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
You are a champion mate - 55 seasons! wow! I have to say, I get where you are coming from and for you to check out in October is sad. Thank you for your great posts and I hope the Dogs win it for you this - but as you and I know, they have a lot of growing up to do - their error rate is shameful. Having said all that, I have 35 seasons with the dogs and I have enjoyed many highlights as well. I hope you change your mind and stay, but totally understand if you don't.

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
The experts don't know shit. Defeat only comes when you accept it, fight on and prove them wrong!
The new generation of dogs players may not seem to have the old culture, but us fans still do! Fight till the end and never even think about giving up.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Omg I didn't know you were so sick.
Please don't stop posting because of tonight , I know its frustrating and gives little joy to be a bulldogs fan but your posts are quality. We're here for other reasons too . It might not be much but its a good outlet plus you can swear and not get banned

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
So sad to hear this , but really their are no words that I say is going help but I will say all the best and keep fighting and I hope u hang in their. Lets hope the dogs win the grand final for you mate, Gees its moments like this the club needs to read and listen and maybe they will change for the better .

gee333

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I don't post often but I know the regulars. Some good some bad. But Izzy mate... You're a good one. You set your own terms... a lot of people on here sending you good vibes. 3 cheers for Izzy.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
i must admit having terminal cancer is a pretty good reason to give up on the team because they likely arent going to win this year, but my recommendation is to fight hard if you have a chance and beat this thing

if the current bulldogs arent getting you in the mood how about the 1998 preliminary final over the eels tbh, everybody thought that game was over but they didnt give up, you should watch either that or rocky 4

good luck

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
Izzy mate, I'm deeply saddened to hear about your health. You will always be a kennel legend mate. Please stay strong mate and fight this bastard to the end of hell like our Bulldogs from the 80s. I'll always have a beer for you on game day mate!

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Fuck Izzy, I had no idea brother.

Even if you don't post about those poodle pretender motherfuckers just post in general, always love your posts.

Power and strength to you brother. Don't listen to the quacks, I was supposed to be dead 4 years ago. Since then I was dead for 2 mins 36 seconds and twice I was a bees dick away from dying...again.

Fight brother, we got your back.

korrmatta1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've followed the Bulldogs since 1962; that is 55 seasons. And bloody hell, there have been plenty of lows but they were eclipsed by the highs. It was reading Papa Het's post: "A large proportion of once loyal fans have given up on the team". Having read it through I thought "Yeah. Fuck it. I'm outta here".

There are two reasons for this.

The first is that I'm totally fed up with the ad nauseam display of tonight's error ridden incompetence from a side coached by a one syllable moron, plus the low life refereeing. The second is that I have terminal cancer and according to the experts I'll be at the checkout around October this year.

Its not the cancer I'm bitching about, I've copped that sweet. But Geez, I need more than the Bulldogs to bring positives into my life and I discovered that its not the Aussie cricket team either. Maybe I'll take on my wife at ping pong.

So farewell and all the best to you Kennelers who are left. We may yet see a modern miracle with the Bulldogs raising the Provan-Summons Trophy on Grand Final day.:grinning:
Do you need help my brother im more than happy to help with whatever you need. Get well soon my brother.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Geez brother, sorry to hear it. I agree, you don't want to go out backing these guys, they don't even back themselves. For me 95 was a great memory and the footy even then still resembled real footy. Surround yourself with love and I truly wish you the best.

steve1700

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got excited in the last 5 minutes forgot about the error rid in game i thought the biff was going to make its way back.

What can you say enjoy your last time moments here mate, there are a lot of other things more important than football but maybe keep your left eye open just in case.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Sorry to hear Izzy, but after being such a staunch supporter for 55 years you should keep the Dogs in your heart till the very end

Status
Not open for further replies.