The Formula One Thread

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Seriously Ferrari strategist needs to be shot .. I cant think of one instance where they got it right this year !!
Yeah he is an ideas man for sure lol. They are only 6 points ahead of RBR now, they are going to struggle to keep them at bay. It's not just the strategist, their PU is really not that far behind the Mercedes now, yet they are getting blown away by the bullies with their under powered renault. I think the chassis and aero team have a few questions to answer.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah he is an ideas man for sure lol. They are only 6 points ahead of RBR now, they are going to struggle to keep them at bay. It's not just the strategist, their PU is really not that far behind the Mercedes now, yet they are getting blown away by the bullies with their under powered renault. I think the chassis and aero team have a few questions to answer.
without question the chassis is also letting them down .. but I honestly cant remember a time this year or in the past couple of years where Ferrari have gambled on tyres or strategy and its paid off ... FFS he only has one job LOL

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
red bull should be as fast as mercedes here but i dont know if they can pass them on track, its either get them at the start or wear them down in the undercut

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Nico can't be happy with that start

Enjoying Dan shutting the gate.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Pretty good race all up. DaniRic on the podium was a pisser..

Now a month before racing restarts... what to do .. what......to do.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
congrats to dan, Is it just me or is Verstappen getting the red carpet treatment everywhere ?? first with redbull, then doesn't get penalised for swerving and blocking Vettel last race and then rosberg get penalised for an innocuous move on him this race WTF ?? confused .......

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Rosberg got penalised as he did the same thing to Hamilton the other week and if he didn't crash would have copped a penalty as well.

He deliberately runs deep into a corner then goes full lock to stop the other driver passing, and because if where that driver is, they can't undercut on the inside/switchback.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Rosberg got penalised as he did the same thing to Hamilton the other week and if he didn't crash would have copped a penalty as well.

He deliberately runs deep into a corner then goes full lock to stop the other driver passing, and because if where that driver is, they can't undercut on the inside/switchback.
I personally think what verstappen did to vettel the week before was far worse ... without question it was a block move by roseberg (I actually use that move myself when I race hehehehe) but surely swerving back and forth is worse ??

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
How the fuck did Magnussen walk away from that crash..

Huuuuuge off!!! Completely destroyed the car and barrier.

What a race so far.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Yawn..... Mercedes are killing this sport... Formula One has sadly become a case of "which Mercedes will win this week".

Reactions: GDR

DroidDog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Verstappen has a lot to learn, at least he makes the race interesting. Rosberger and hamilton islands are boring as bat shit falling from the sky.
Go ricciardo!!

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
http://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/moto...ty-media/ar-AAiCJIP?li=AA54yd&ocid=spartanntp
Liberty Media has announced that it has agreed a deal worth 4.4bn US dollars (AUD$5.7bn) to acquire Formula One.

The American entertainment and media giant is buying 100 per cent of the shares of F1's parent company Delta Topco from the British private equity firm CVC Capital Partners.

Bernie Ecclestone will remain as chief executive but 21st Century Fox vice-chairman Chase Carey will become the new chairman.

Liberty Media, which is owned by American media mogul John Malone, and its sister companies have interests that span from baseball's Atlanta Braves to Virgin Media, and Malone owns shares in ITV, Eurosport and Formula E.

Liberty Media president and chief executive Greg Maffei said: "We are excited to become part of Formula One. We think our long-term perspective and expertise with media and sports assets will allow us to be good stewards of Formula One and benefit fans, teams and our shareholders.

"We look forward to working closely with Chase Carey and Bernie Ecclestone to support the next phase of growth for this hugely popular global sport."

© Provided by Mirror
© Provided by Mirror
Ecclestone added: "I would like to welcome Liberty Media and Chase Carey to Formula One and I look forward to working with them."

Liberty Media will initially acquire an 18.7% minority stake before completing a full takeover if the deal is approved by regulators and the FIA.

Carey said: "I am thrilled to take up the role of Chairman of Formula One and have the opportunity to work alongside Bernie Ecclestone, CVC, and the Liberty Media team.

"I greatly admire Formula One as a unique global sports entertainment franchise attracting hundreds of millions of fans each season from all around the world.

"I see great opportunity to help Formula One continue to develop and prosper for the benefit of the sport, fans, teams and investors alike."

As a major investor in the internet, many observers expect Malone to move F1 more in that direction, which would not be difficult as Ecclestone has made no apologies about ignoring the digital revolution.

Liberty Media will also want to grow F1's presence in the United States, where it has traditionally struggled against home-grown alternatives, although the US Grand Prix in Austin has been a relative success.

And F1 fans should expect more innovations with gaming technology and virtual reality, as well as a much more coherent marketing effort with the drivers and teams. But the days of terrestrial broadcasters like the BBC, ITV or current domestic home Channel 4 providing free-to-air coverage on Sunday afternoons might be numbered.

Dammit f#ck off Bernie !! iwas hoping he was gone

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Not sure Mr Moustache would run F1 decently.

As long as they don't americanise the fuck outta it and turn it into Formula Nascar, like they tend to do with everything else.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not sure Mr Moustache would run F1 decently.

As long as they don't americanise the fuck outta it and turn it into Formula Nascar, like they tend to do with everything else.
hey if drivers start having punch ups in pit lane, then I'm all for it LOL :grinning: