The Consolidated Cricket Thread

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Just turned over..did you see that catch by Khawaja..dumb shot..
It wasn't an easy catch but he made It look harder.

The shot was indeed dumb. Going into day 3 with no wickets down would have been better.

This game is Bangladesh's to lose and it may come down to mental toughness

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
@Mr 95% , are you watching this?

Warner out lbw for 112. it's on.

There won't be much more work done in my office this arvo.

This match shows why test cricket shits on 20/20...

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't think i;ve even seen a dude so excited and proud to win man of the match as the Bangladeshi fellow (no idea what he was saying of course, but the smile on his face said it all).

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
@Mr 95% , are you watching this?

Warner out lbw for 112. it's on.

There won't be much more work done in my office this arvo.

This match shows why test cricket shits on 20/20...
I bloody missed it.. this is a massive upset..I cannot believe it!!!!

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Bahaha classic game, really shows you the difference between a team playing for national pride and a team playing for nothing other than the almighty $$. If the Australian team spent as much time learning to play quality spin as they did on a calculator working out how much money they will earn, the might actually go a bit better than 2 wins from their last 23 matches in asia.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Bahaha classic game, really shows you the difference between a team playing for national pride and a team playing for nothing other than the almighty $$. If the Australian team spent as much time learning to play quality spin as they did on a calculator working out how much money they will earn, the might actually go a bit better than 2 wins from their last 23 matches in asia.
I saw that stat and was a bit shocked.

Of the 6 non asian test cricket nations, only Zimbabwe has a worse record in Bangladesh

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
There other downfall..is good swing and seam bowling..they're all at sea against that too!!!

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
There other downfall..is good swing and seam bowling..they're all at sea against that too!!!
Yep they sure are, pretty much any conditions where the ball moves either in the air or off the pitch, we are fucked lol . I still think we should win the ashes though, most of our batters handle the fast but flat doctored road pitches we dish up pretty well.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I saw that stat and was a bit shocked.

Of the 6 non asian test cricket nations, only Zimbabwe has a worse record in Bangladesh
Yeah me too, i knew we have been poor in asia but i didn't realise it was that bad. Anyways well done to Bangladesh, they are really putting together a competitive side now and victories like this will only help grow the sport in their country and give them all self belief.

Last edited:

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yep they sure are, pretty much any conditions where the ball moves either in the air or off the pitch, we are fucked lol . I still think we should win the ashes though, most of our batters handle the fast but flat doctored road pitches we dish up pretty well.
The Ashes series are always good value.. This year two struggling teams make for some interesting contests..anything can happen!

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
The Ashes series are always good value.. This year two struggling teams make for some interesting contests..anything can happen!
Haha yeah, loosing a test against the WI on home soil, arguably just as bad if not worse than our effort against Bangladesh on that dust bowl lol

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Honestly so many problems with Aus cricket.

What exactly is Maxwell's role in the team? He is not really an alrounder as he hardly ever bowls. Is he really the best number 6 bat in the country?

How did Wade get in over Nevil based on superior batting when he has barely scored a run in two series and is an inferior wicketkeeper? Hanscomb looks better in the gloves than Wade, let him play keeper so you have an extra batter/bowler.

Also lol @ Kahwaja. The guy must be an absolute basketcase given how he has been treated and now seems likely he will be dropped after one game despite everyone throwing all this expectation on him for the Ashes.

How good is Cummins tho? Even on shit pitches he looks like magic.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Honestly so many problems with Aus cricket.

What exactly is Maxwell's role in the team? He is not really an alrounder as he hardly ever bowls. Is he really the best number 6 bat in the country?

How did Wade get in over Nevil based on superior batting when he has barely scored a run in two series and is an inferior wicketkeeper? Hanscomb looks better in the gloves than Wade, let him play keeper so you have an extra batter/bowler.

Also lol @ Kahwaja. The guy must be an absolute basketcase given how he has been treated and now seems likely he will be dropped after one game despite everyone throwing all this expectation on him for the Ashes.

How good is Cummins tho? Even on shit pitches he looks like magic.
Couldn't agree more with the wade thing, he scores sfa runs and his keeping is way below par, how he continues to make the team i will never know. The only thing he has contributed to the team is that classic 'niiiice gary' lol. Maxwell reminds me of andrew symonds in the test team, a player you know that can turn a game on it's head but very rarely does.

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Couldn't agree more with the wade thing, he scores sfa runs and his keeping is way below par, how he continues to make the team i will never know. The only thing he has contributed to the team is that classic 'niiiice gary' lol. Maxwell reminds me of andrew symonds in the test team, a player you know that can turn a game on it's head but very rarely does.
Wade also has more "aggro" which apparently people like.

I'm still picking Aus to win the Ashes, Cummins + Stark + Pattinson + Hazelwood will be too much for the poms. However getting all of them fit is next to impossible.

Its months between games yet these guys breakdown so quick you have to wonder what kind of training they do.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
It seems that since Freddie Flintoff tore up Australia all those years ago, we believe a side MUST have a player like him. Many have tried. None have really succeeded.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
It seems that since Freddie Flintoff tore up Australia all those years ago, we believe a side MUST have a player like him. Many have tried. None have really succeeded.
Lol oh yeah, an allrounder in one series consisting of green tops, ripped us a new one and we spent how may years persisting with watson trying to turn him into flintoff. Than many many years later after that experiment failed, lets try it with mitch marsh lol (glad they seem to have given up on that one now too). I don't know why they don't just pick the best batsman in the country, the best bowlers in the country and than the best keeper. Easy as, stop wasting time trying to get guys that can bat/bowl keep and do it all, most bowlers these days are pretty handy with the bat anyway.