The Consolidated Cricket Thread

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
So, who has their nose in front at the end of day 2?

Australia, still 52 runs ahead and not having to bat last?

Or India, with 4 wickets in hand?

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
So, who has their nose in front at the end of day 2?

Australia, still 52 runs ahead and not having to bat last?

Or India, with 4 wickets in hand?

India i would say.

Saha once set can do a repeat of last test. Jadeja bats better than some top order paki batsmen.

so yeah India get any first inning lead over 80 runs will basically seal the series for them.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
India i would say.

Saha once set can do a repeat of last test. Jadeja bats better than some top order paki batsmen.

so yeah India get any first inning lead over 80 runs will basically seal the series for them.
The first session of tomorrow will be crucial.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I have made a 1 million dollar Monopoly money bet on this game with Zee

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The first session of tomorrow will be crucial.
yep, but even if aussies get indians out with scores leveled , meaning no side gets any meaningful lead, the first 20 overs of aussie batting would be the most crucial.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
India i would say.

Jadeja is nowhere near as much of a bully against genuine pace on a wicket that assisted the quicks a little with a new ball.... and Saha didn't exactly look confident in the couple of overs he faced against it before stumps.

That dropped catch (and earlier ones) could be costly though.)

They'll have to play well to get an 80 run lead from here. Although it's definitely very possible if Jadeja throws caution to the wind.

I'd say if Renshaw gadbe pouched that last catch, it would be Australia for sure. As it stands, I think it's pretty evenly poised. This isn't the same wicket as we saw in the third test. Much more for bowlers and specifically our bowlers who like bounce.

The first session tomorrow will be huge. The game is on a knife's wsge st the moment. What a great series!

But I wouldn't bet on India getting a huge lead here unless we continue to drop catches. I think we should be able to produce a few chances tomorrow morning. Still they are capable. This next partnership is pretty crucial. India don't want to lose a wicket and expose the genuine tail to the new ball.

I think even a 50 run deficit will be ok for the Aussies. This wicket is less dead than the last. It will deteriorate more. Batting in the fourth dig will be harder.

Can't say I'm confident we'll win this, but we're definitely still right in it.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
you havent yet, australia hasnt won yet.

plus sunny leone doesnt take monopoly money.
Just as well,cause there would be millions of moneyless monopoly games in people's garages

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Whoever is batting at Lunch tomorrow wins this match.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Whoever is batting at Lunch tomorrow wins this match.
You've called that pretty early.

But I think what you said about Australia's first 20 overs being crucial is correct.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
You've called that pretty early.

But I think what you said about Australia's first 20 overs being crucial is correct.

32 run lead is a nothing lead.

first 20 overs are the key, but i think if Australia bats till lunch time tomorrow, they will win this.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I duck out for an hour to grab some chicken wings, and... what the hell?

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
You ducked out for the collapse in the 2nd test didn't you?... Dont bloody move for the next hour!!!...
I'm very full of chiken wings so not going anywhere.

But here is a tip: Brisbane's favorite food truck, King of the Wings has just expanded to Sydney. Check them out.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
And now its 7 down.

At least it's a nice picturesque ground. Rhose Himalayas in the background are stunning.