The Bulldogs Member Forum Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bantam rooster

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Lichaa & MBye to get better how long are we going to wait for that to happen ?

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Can you expand on playing style and what things are going wrong. They're the main things we want to know
They (Tolman & Des) didn't go into in depth but the gist of it was along the lines of if we have and hold possession we can mount the type of attack that we effectively saw yesterday. The argument was they couldn't mount pressure and lost all their energy in defence which then led to more mistakes in attack and so on. Des even argued that we saw the real Lichaa yesterday because he wasn't stuck doing 50 tackles due to us dropping the ball all the time. Talked about our high off load rate and that none of the players are muzzled. Gotta say there was a genuineness in the way Tolman was talking about playing style/structures and the fact that the players need to do better. He wasn't just answering questions- he believed in what he said. he even said that there is a method in what they do (read into that his 4th tackle hit up!) in order to set up for a specific thing. I think his argument was along the lines that we got to the right positions but then buggered it up by dropping the ball or whatever, but that is my emphasis rather than his.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
The other thing that was confirmed was that Josh was offered a 3 year contract "for good money" but sat in Dib's office with his manager and showed him the Tigers contract for 4 years and a lot more money and that was that. Dib said he told Josh that once he retired he should come back to the dogs and become a life member.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The other thing that was confirmed was that Josh was offered a 3 year contract "for good money" but sat in Dib's office with his manager and showed him the Tigers contract for 4 years and a lot more money and that was that. Dib said he told Josh that once he retired he should come back to the dogs and become a life member.
Lol I laugh at that PR story.

That's definitely not what I heard

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
They (Tolman & Des) didn't go into in depth but the gist of it was along the lines of if we have and hold possession we can mount the type of attack that we effectively saw yesterday. The argument was they couldn't mount pressure and lost all their energy in defence which then led to more mistakes in attack and so on. Des even argued that we saw the real Lichaa yesterday because he wasn't stuck doing 50 tackles due to us dropping the ball all the time. Talked about our high off load rate and that none of the players are muzzled. Gotta say there was a genuineness in the way Tolman was talking about playing style/structures and the fact that the players need to do better. He wasn't just answering questions- he believed in what he said. he even said that there is a method in what they do (read into that his 4th tackle hit up!) in order to set up for a specific thing. I think his argument was along the lines that we got to the right positions but then buggered it up by dropping the ball or whatever, but that is my emphasis rather than his.
So we rely on offloads

I posted this a while ago that we relied on offloads and broken play.

Des talking about field position and attacking when we have mbye who can't kick to keep us on the front foot.

Going by the answers given its bullshit.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
So we rely on offloads

I posted this a while ago that we relied on offloads and broken play.

Des talking about field position and attacking when we have mbye who can't kick to keep us on the front foot.

Going by the answers given its bullshit.
He indicated he was reasonably happy with our kicking. The problem was our mistakes limited our opportunities to exploit them and so the limit of our attacking kicks were the deep ones to the corner to stop the return and then use our defence to limit their go forward. It all came back to mistakes with the ball.

Yanni Gogolak

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Good summary by Oatley Dog, thanks. I thought Dib, Castle and Tolman spoke very well. Des handled himself well but he was a bit gruff not really wanting to be there IMO. A lot of questions re the teams performance were deflected by talking about our defense, Des had all the stats, which made some sense.... as well as talking about our young spine will get better and better with experience. In summary Dib wanted everyone to have their say, nobody was restricted.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
We are fucked for years to come this style relies on almost perfect ball control, at least an even penalty count and a glut of possession just to be competitive. If any of those things don't go our way we are no chance.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
We are fucked for years to come this style relies on almost perfect ball control, at least an even penalty count and a glut of possession just to be competitive. If any of those things don't go our way we are no chance.
Which is exactly what we have all been watching for multiple years now and as ya say, we will be watching this same rubbish for many more.

Juicydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hasler is one slimy arrogant muthafucker.

The wanker has no respect for fans whatsoever.

He was asked why he persisted with Tony Williams and the arrogant prick just smirked and offered no explanation.

No issues with Mbye & Lichaa - they are improving and there is nothing wrong with our style of play. Too much drop ball and uncompleted sets dont allow us to execute our attacking style.

Lichaa is here to stay along with our style of play

Blah blah blah blah blah.....Bullshit

This was a PR stunt handpicking a large amount of Dib puppets and questions.

I was against the boycott, but after witnessing that **** Hasler tonight smirking and smoke coming out of his ears when asked about his love child Lichaa & Williams, he along with Dib deserve every single backlash from all circles of media and fans.

The **** doesnt give two shits about the club and i will persist on him leaving, on a daily basis until the **** is gone along with Dibshit.

Dibshit and Hasbeen Out

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Dib announced Kasiano gone at seasons end and Holland has been re signed

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
Something that stuck out for me was Des's forwards thinking. He really is out there. So far out there he's planning for 6 player interchange and that's why we bought Woods and are getting rid of Kas and possibly Eastwood. We need 80min forwards.

As others have stated Tols was really good and spoke from the heart and genuinely backs Des as do all of the team.

I kinda feel like maybe if we had certain players that were much better than what we've had then maybe we would of won 1 out of 2 of the last grand finals and we'd all be singing a different tune when it comes to DesBall. Sometimes it's just a case of the cattle ain't good enough.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Someone asked about Lichaas form and Des replied "didn't you watch yesterday's game"
Re signing imminent
Kind of makes you wish the forum was after the roosters game. What would he have said then.

Status
Not open for further replies.