Team List Round 13 v Panthers + Match Discussion

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
That’s right mate, you can’t fill your whole squad with superstars, you always need bit players to come and do the job from time to time and work hard like how we used to use Reardon, Relf, Ward, Dennis Scott and Feeney etc. But the difference with players like JMK and Waddell they are used as starting players week in week out and obviously with their limited potential will make mistakes and get exposed if they are going to be used as your main players on a regular basis, we have too many of those kinds of players. Gould knows what he is doing, the squad needs a good balance and quality players in the spine. These bit players will then relish in that environment. But you can’t have too many of them.
Oh no doubt.. they're not starters, merely benchies and fill ins but sadly its just where we are at. I still think JMK would have been good as the utility off the bench in the coming years but then again like you said Gus might have another opinion, Wonder who? Gray? Topine? BBO? Should be interesting.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Add Newton and Gillies to that list along with Britt... Bunch of misfit forwards who won comps, go figure.
Yeah they were nothing flash but just came through during a period with an incredibly tough culture. That was a time when we had guys that really respected the jersey and tried to set a standard for the next guy coming in after them.

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yeah they were nothing flash but just came through during a period with an incredibly tough culture. That was a time when we had guys that really respected the jersey and tried to set a standard for the next guy coming in after them.
When blokes like Troy Stone came in he became another and eventually Pricey showed the young boys how to do it, enter Ryan, Mase, Ogre and co.

We seriously need to buy a forward who can help set a culture like Bupa and Tank did after the dogs lost there way in the late 2000's

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is is worth having a go at Kurt Falls to play halfback? He looks good in the Penrith system so no guarantees there but would be a cheaper option in the spine than Flanno.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is is worth having a go at Kurt Falls to play halfback? He looks good in the Penrith system so no guarantees there but would be a cheaper option in the spine than Flanno.
I've a feeling we are looking to hard to find a top Shelf Half, the good ones are well and trully tied up. I would be looking for someone out of left field. like Townsed is doing at the cows, or Hastings at the tigers.
Also I'm certain that there are players who are playing out of position at another club, who would do a musch better job at half than anything we've got at the moment. Halfback is still the most important position on the field IMO, I feel for anyone thinking Flamingo might come good, whats wrong with trying someone else
We should be trying the best possible canidates we have, or we can get before August in this write-off year. A pre season and 2 trials won't give you much of an indication of an untried players value.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
But you can’t just punt Flanno mate. He is under contract for next year.

Brian Boru

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Add Newton and Gillies to that list along with Britt... Bunch of misfit forwards who won comps, go figure.
Simon Gillies, a legend.
Never gave up, looked as though he was dead at times but off the floor to make a tackle.
Polla Mounter was the same, can't tell you how many times he crawled off the floor.
Both Warriors.
Not happening with these guys but for Jacko.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And the crushing defence…. And the unshakable will to drive the team forward at every opportunity.
I'm so sure you have 15 other clubs desperate for you signature, so why not take one up, because while your here you'll only cop shit from our fans.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I'm so sure you have 15 other clubs desperate for you signature, so why not take one up, because while your here you'll only cop shit from our fans.
Because I got a tattoo of a bulldog on my left pec and tattoo removal is even more painful than listening to you guys.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Wow, who would have seen it coming, we got dominated in the forwards. No Thompson and no TPJ, is anyone really surprised that we couldn't hold the middle 1/3rd.

Always a Bulldog

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, who would have seen it coming, we got dominated in the forwards. No Thompson and no TPJ, is anyone really surprised that we couldn't hold the middle 1/3rd.

Always a Bulldog
But but the Kennel experts say Thompson is shit and TPJ is laaaazy