Sydney Roosters' new recruit, Todd Carney, reportedly "set man's pants on fire"

Status
Not open for further replies.

morgandogs

ARMIT LOVE
Reaction score
Reported to have set a man's pants on fire ... Sydney Roosters' new signing Todd Carney, who has a history of misbeviour. Source: The Sunday Telegraph

RUGBY league player Todd Carney reportedly injured a man by setting his pants on fire in an incident on New Year's Eve.

The Seven Network reported the footballer, who has a history of behavioural problems, and a companion deliberately set the man's pants on fire, burning his buttocks, scrotum and upper thigh.

The alleged incident occurred at Airlie Beach in North Queensland.

A spokeswoman for the Queensland police said a man had presented to Proserpine Hospital for treatment for "minor'' burns but no official complaint had been received.

Carney is due to play in the NRL with the Sydney Roosters in 2010 after spending a season in the Cairns district competition following his sacking from the Canberra Raiders for repeated misbehaviour and alcohol abuse.

The Roosters, who themselves had a troubled season with player misconduct and performance last year said they only found out about the allegations this afternoon and are yet to speak to Carney.

great way for him to start of a year of rooster sh1t for the nrl if its true

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
:roflol:

Ahhhh Roosters

morgandogs

ARMIT LOVE
Reaction score
if its true you gotta feel sorry for all the people in atherton who went way out of there way to try and help him

wigum

Immortal
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
LOL Carney and the Roosters fit so well together.

rand0m3r

Since 1994
Reaction score
wow, he might be gone without even playing a game for them. if mason finds a new club too, roosters will be fighting with cronulla for the spoon again.

League Freak

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think it was probably all just a misunderstanding. :P

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Carney cant even light a fart...

Costaki10

Bulldogs Army
Reaction score
hahahahahaha

season hasn't even started yet and thats now 5 or 6 players in trouble lol

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Has anything official been said about this yet ?

IMO I think the Roosters will be trying hard to sweep this under the carpet and let him stay on.

Your Mum

Jorgie
Reaction score
my favourite article in the paper today. Shouldve made the front page haha

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
wtf was carney thinking, all this bs that carney has given alcohol away and is making the most of his second chance is the greatest pile of bs ever.
if it is true, it should be instant sacking from the roosters and a life time ban from rugby league
what a fking idiot .
on a slightly seperate note. hahahahahahahaha roosters you suck in 2010 like you sucked in 2009

Vagabond

flumshma
Reaction score
You had to be bloody out of it to think lighting a guy's pants would be funny.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
It was the other blokes fault because he ate too much salami.

bulldogs2010

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
wtf was carney thinking, all this bs that carney has given alcohol away and is making the most of his second chance is the greatest pile of bs ever.
if it is true, it should be instant sacking from the roosters and a life time ban from rugby league
what a fking idiot .
on a slightly seperate note. hahahahahahahaha roosters you suck in 2010 like you sucked in 2009
Now now. Maybe someone lied to him about something so he lit his pants and said liar liar pants on fire! :roflol:

If he is proven to be guilty, all I can say is LOL and some people just never learn.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
am I a evil man if I actually enjoyed reading this and for some reason hope carney gets sacked at the roosters

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
It looks like he will survive, could he have ADHD, ADD, bi polar or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.