SICK OF THE NEGATIVITY ON HERE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I've been a member here since 2008. In that time I know we've had members come and go for various reasons, and others sadly pass away.

But we have also increasingly lost members due to the extreme negativity of posters around here (some worse than others).

It's getting to the point it's almost unbearable, and I've had people PM me even as recently as this weekend to state they are considering walking away from the site because they cannot stand the negativity ("It's not longer and enjoyable place to visit with the negativity").

More to the point, the negativity has also cost the site some bloody good moderators, and some bloody good posters, and that downright pisses me off.

Whilst I'm not the site owner (or an admin), I want to be incredibly blunt here.

Win or lose, a supporter backs and believes in a team (that includes the coach and players).

So you don't believe the coach is going well? That's fine, have an opinion on it, but understand you can do NOTHING to change that, so either you support the club how it is, or you log off, look at the ladder, and go support a side up the top of it (I'm sure that will make you much happier).

Repeating the same shit over, and over, and over, and over, and over again badmouthing and bagging our coach is a joke. WE GET IT. Say it once, and leave it at that. Simple!

The same people drowning this place in negativity are those that will never be happy.
Sack Des - HOORAY DES IS GONE!
Get a new coach in - HOORAY New Coach
Miss the finals for the next 5 years and get a spoon along the way - "FUCK THIS NEW COACH.. WHY DID WE GET RID OF DES FFS!!!"

Not to mention if we start going well this year, you almost have no right to enjoy the wins, given you have written the side off already.

I'm not saying "don't have an opinion" as that's what this place is all about. But posting shit in every single thread (the same negative rubbish) is getting beyond a joke.

If you aren't happy with the club, yet the club signs the coach for another 2 years (likely), then you have two options:
1. Put up and shut up.
2. Piss off and bandwagon support some other club.

I presume we are all adults (not kids here), and some posters need to start acting like it.

I'm really not sure what the next step is moving forwards: Reward posters for positive comments, or restrict those that bask in negativity.

But it's clear... some users need to pull their heads in, because if it continues along for much longer, something WILL change, and I dare say it won't be coming from myself or other moderators, but we will be asked to enforce it.

There have already been several conversations regarding this behind closed doors.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The amount of post game threads is really annoying so maybe a post match thread is created and everything good or bad regarding the game is put in there. Also what about having a designated thread for every player in the top 25 squad that would stop the 10000 threads a day about either Mbye or Reynolds.

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Ok I will be the first no more negativity from me from now on only when its really warranted we will win next week go the doggies.

Last edited:

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The thing that pisses me off are that there are people on here that actually want the dogs to lose so Des is sacked or whatever which in my opinion is a disgrace and at no point should anyone want there team to lose. I don't like Des but at the same time I want him to do well because that means that the dogs are doing well which makes me happy.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Create a sack Des superthread.. no more threads needed on that topic

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The thing that pisses me off are that there are people on here that actually want the dogs to lose so Des is sacked or whatever which in my opinion is a disgrace and at no point should anyone want there team to lose. I don't like Des but at the same time I want him to do well because that means that the dogs are doing well which makes me happy.
that's disgusting and pathetic if that's true it makes me sick to hear that. If true than their not true supporters please fuck off who ever you are you are not welcome on here .

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I've been a member here since 2008. In that time I know we've had members come and go for various reasons, and others sadly pass away.

But we have also increasingly lost members due to the extreme negativity of posters around here (some worse than others).

It's getting to the point it's almost unbearable, and I've had people PM me even as recently as this weekend to state they are considering walking away from the site because they cannot stand the negativity ("It's not longer and enjoyable place to visit with the negativity").

More to the point, the negativity has also cost the site some bloody good moderators, and some bloody good posters, and that downright pisses me off.

Whilst I'm not the site owner (or an admin), I want to be incredibly blunt here.

Win or lose, a supporter backs and believes in a team (that includes the coach and players).

So you don't believe the coach is going well? That's fine, have an opinion on it, but understand you can do NOTHING to change that, so either you support the club how it is, or you log off, look at the ladder, and go support a side up the top of it (I'm sure that will make you much happier).

Repeating the same shit over, and over, and over, and over, and over again badmouthing and bagging our coach is a joke. WE GET IT. Say it once, and leave it at that. Simple!

The same people drowning this place in negativity are those that will never be happy.
Miss the finals for the next 5 years and get a spoon along the way - "FUCK THIS NEW COACH.. WHY DID WE GET RID OF DES FFS!!!"

Not to mention if we start going well this year, you almost have no right to enjoy the wins, given you have written the side off already.

I'm not saying "don't have an opinion" as that's what this place is all about. But posting shit in every single thread (the same negative rubbish) is getting beyond a joke.

If you aren't happy with the club, yet the club signs the coach for another 2 years (likely), then you have two options:
1. Put up and shut up.

I presume we are all adults (not kids here), and some posters need to start acting like it.

I'm really not sure what the next step is moving forwards: Reward posters for positive comments, or restrict those that bask in negativity.

But it's clear... some users need to pull their heads in, because if it continues along for much longer, something WILL change, and I dare say it won't be coming from myself or other moderators, but we will be asked to enforce it.

There have already been several conversations regarding this behind closed doors.
bloody hell..... so you don't agree with some on here so now you want to restrict those who see something wrong and reward the retarded who clap and dribble come on....who are you kim jong un??

there is so much negativity for a reason and its been getting worse for a reason......just because you don't agree doesn't mean you should censor it, fuck me next you'll be wanting the internet filter from china....get real

going by your post Mr Invis I think you need to step away for a bit and have a break or maybe step back from being a mod and relax.......because at the moment your coming off like one of those sulking lefties still not able to except that Trump won

the forum is a place for fans to vent and to celebrate, unfortunately we can't just celebrate endlessly like retards just for the sake of being the bestest super dooperest, cheeriest little supporter we can be.... I actually think that many who aren't happy with the team are some of our most passionate and loyal supporters & for you to start saying your going to do a Ray Dib and give us the Turvey treatment is a bit over the top

if you want to be a cheerleader go grab some lycra and some pom poms and get out there and bust some moves and get some chants going......but leave the others alone as they are being forced to sit here and watch their team be destroyed..... if you had a daughter who was in an abusive relationship would you just sit back and cheer the boyfriend on, shake his hand and take down to the pub and shout him beers all night......or would you take stand and knock the **** out?

bloody hell its only round one ....I think some need to toughen, I mean fair crack already saying you want to restrict anyone who you believe has posted negatively then rewarding the ones who post nothing but rainbows.......there goes free speech!! and that will fuck the forum quicker than a few so called negative posts

Last edited:

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I thought forums are a means of expressing your opinion. Sometimes that may be constrictive criticism other times not so constructive it venting. And because opinions vary there will be the odd disagreement from time to time.

Trying to gag or discourage posters by marking parameters on what they should or should not be saying is not the best idea in my opinion.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

1. Put up and shut up.

So you can rip in and be as negative as you want towards Mortimer and Castle but things YOU like about the club is off limits? You have already said Des is a "good bloke" and the you have met him multiple times through mutual friends so are you really looking at this situation with out bias towards him?

Is some of the Des stuff over the top? At times it is for sure. On the other hand some of it is warranted. I'm not sure how you can expect everyone on here to be on the same page it's never going to happen.

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
bloody hell..... so you don't agree with some on here so now you want to restrict those who see something wrong and reward the retarded who clap and dribble come on....who are you kim jong un??

there is so much negativity for a reason and its been getting worse for a reason......just because you don't agree doesn't mean you should censor it, fuck me next you'll be wanting the internet filter from china....get real

going by your post Mr Invis I think you need to step away for a bit and have a break or maybe step back from being a mod and relax.......because at the moment your coming off like one of those sulking lefties still not able to except that Trump won

the forum is a place for fans to vent and to celebrate, unfortunately we can't just celebrate endlessly like retards just for the sake of being the bestest super dooperest, cheeriest little supporter we can be.... I actually think that many who aren't happy with the team are some of our most passionate and loyal supporters & for you to start saying your going to do a Ray Dib and give us the Turvey treatment is a bit over the top

if you want to be a cheerleader go grab some lycra and some pom poms and get out there and bust some moves and get some chants going......but leave the others alone as they are being forced to sit here and watch their team be destroyed..... if you had a daughter who was in an abusive relationship would you just sit back and cheer the boyfriend on, shake his hand and take down to the pub and shout him beers all night......or would you take stand and knock the **** out?

bloody hell its only round one ....I think some need to toughen, I mean fair crack already saying you want to restrict anyone who you believe has posted negatively then rewarding the ones who post nothing but rainbows.......there goes free speech!! and that will fuck the forum quicker than a few so called negative posts

no1Bulldog you have summed it up with your comments and that clip...too bad if people are offended...i agree that the language gets a bit colourful at times and i dont always like that but thats how that person is feeling so they come on here, the bulldogs fan forum named the kennel, to express that...if people dont like what they say then try not to read anymore of that persons comments...
I like reading a variety of contributors posts to get a wide view, i dont always agree but it's interesting to see there are more than my view on a subject, case in point yesterday with the misspelt Memebership sign at Belmore friday, personally i think that is pathetic but not the end of the world of course , just a lack of attention to detail and shows apathy towards the subject, but others say its not a big deal, fair enough..discussion happening and peoples views are expressed, nice one.
The so called negativity on this forum presently derives from poor on field performances over a prolonged period of time and 'fans' are letting the world know through one of the only ways to actually vent, their personal opinion . I thought that's exactly what this site was about?
Perhaps its time for another Canterbury fan forum.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
So Mr I is suggesting that they will be asked to enforce moderation of negativity..

Fucking lol are they trying to protect the players feelings or perhaps protect themselves from the backlash of outraged white males voting in Tru...a new board. Well boofuckinghoo get your act together you ***** and earn your high praise. Candy coating and making excuses for losses is for the Newcastles of the world.

Either way the dogs are heading in the wrong direction in so many areas on the field and there is no hiding from that fact and censoring the Kennel wont make a damned difference to didley squat. Every social media outlet has people echoing the same sentiments.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The amount of post game threads is really annoying so maybe a post match thread is created and everything good or bad regarding the game is put in there. Also what about having a designated thread for every player in the top 25 squad that would stop the 10000 threads a day about either Mbye or Reynolds.
There used to be individual player threads a few years ago, which I think were all put together in a subforum. But they were just ignored.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Some negativity is fine TBH. Generally it would be best to have as part of a proper discussion , but venting after (in in some cases, during) a game is pretty natural (better here than bashing random in the street :grinning: ).

What I am more seeing is every second thread, no matter the topic, eventually gets railroaded, and turns into the same crap from the same posters, and THAT's what seems to be turning others off (from my observations and PMs with people).

For those of us old enough to remember vinyl, we used to use a phrase "like a cracked record"...

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Its a forum. As long as things dont get personal , let it be. You want to pick the topic and restrict what is talked about? But to play your game lets be positive. Start with fridays game. I bet this forum will die from all the positives from that game.

Reactions: DT

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Some negativity is fine TBH. Generally it would be best to have as part of a proper discussion , but venting after (in in some cases, during) a game is pretty natural (better here than bashing random in the street :grinning: ).

What I am more seeing is every second thread, no matter the topic, eventually gets railroaded, and turns into the same crap from the same posters, and THAT's what seems to be turning others off (from my observations and PMs with people).

For those of us old enough to remember vinyl, we used to use a phrase "like a cracked record"...
Eleanor Roosevelt and the Universal Declaration of Human Rights (1949). Article 19 states that "Everyone has the right to freedom of opinion and expression; yet not every one receives it. This right includes freedom to hold opinions without interference and to seek, receive and impart information and ideas through any media and regardless of frontiers."

Status
Not open for further replies.