Shane Flanagan’s vision

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Interesting to hear that Flanagan himself said he needs to reign in the desperate comments twerking for every player in the media. Geez, you think?

The best part about the Saints struggles is that Kyle is almost guaranteed another season of FG. Man, it's such a shame we didn't get Shane as coach.. We could have had 3 more years of Kyle and no signings!
He hasn't changed. It's all me me me..listen how he talks. I've got to. Not we've got to. He's always been the same arrogant cunt
he twerks more than Gus does for Panther

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He hasn't changed. It's all me me me..listen how he talks. I've got to. Not we've got to. He's always been the same arrogant cunt
he twerks more than Gus does for Panther
Spot on man. It's what I and many others were saying all along. That he has an out of control ego and crazy amount of baggage/skeletons in his closet that are massive red flags. Which is why it took so long for him to find another job. He was lucky Saints are such a mess and so desperate..

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Spot on man. It's what I and many others were saying all along. That he has an out of control ego and crazy amount of baggage/skeletons in his closet that are massive red flags. Which is why it took so long for him to find another job. He was lucky Saints are such a mess and so desperate..
Remember when he twerked in the media for the Warrior and Eagle jobs last time? Haha

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dragons have a lot of back office issues they need to fix first. Flanno is only part of their solution.. they have a long road to travel

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Dragons have a lot of back office issues they need to fix first. Flanno is only part of their solution.. they have a long road to travel
Flanagan will need to do what Bennet did at the Dragons, tell the administrators/front office to fark off. He has to ensure that his is the only voice that the players hear. Keep the Illawarra versus St George in fighting and back stabbing right away from the playing group. Flanagan is probably one of the very few coaches that can accomplish that, but he will need some luck.

Always a Bulldog

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Flanagan will need to do what Bennet did at the Dragons, tell the administrators/front office to fark off. He has to ensure that his is the only voice that the players hear. Keep the Illawarra versus St George in fighting and back stabbing right away from the playing group. Flanagan is probably one of the very few coaches that can accomplish that, but he will need some luck.

Always a Bulldog
Bennett earned that through decades of coaching experience and winning multiple premierships and series as a club and rep coach though. Whereas Flanagan doesn't have anywhere near the same nous, experience, leadership or success to be able to demand anything. He's lucky he has a job at all after the ban..

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Bennett earned that through decades of coaching experience and winning multiple premierships and series as a club and rep coach though. Whereas Flanagan doesn't have anywhere near the same nous, experience, leadership or success to be able to demand anything. He's lucky he has a job at all after the ban..
I think you grossly underestimate Flanagan, he built that Cronulla team from nothing, they were nowhere before he came. Plus he had some heavy boardroom fights to overcome as well as financial insolvency, they were basically broke. If he is left alone to do his job at St George he will turn them around. If they aren't turned around it won't be his fault.

Always a Bulldog

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think you grossly underestimate Flanagan, he built that Cronulla team from nothing, they were nowhere before he came. Plus he had some heavy boardroom fights to overcome as well as financial insolvency, they were basically broke. If he is left alone to do his job at St George he will turn them around. If they aren't turned around it won't be his fault.

Always a Bulldog
Not from nothing. Stuart had them as a top 4 team for years and they still had some of the core players from those teams.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Not from nothing. Stuart had them as a top 4 team for years and they still had some of the core players from those teams.
Under Stuart Cronulla finished 2nd last in 2009, he resigned in July 2010 and they finished 2nd last again (ignoring Melbourne's points forfeit). In 2012 under Flanagan they made the finals. That was at the same time as Cronulla were suffering extreme financial difficulties and boardroom infighting, Flanagan will benefit from those experience at St George. He's gunna need it.

Always a Bulldog

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for circling him in that pic.

I would have had a hard time picking him out.