Saving my sisters life... - Fundraiser for 5yr Lilis overseas treatment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Going to be totally honest and blunt here.

This was one of those threads I was hoping you were never going to post an update in.

Every.single.one of us on here have our hearts and our ears open if you ever want to talk about any of this.
Not only you, but your family take care of themselves during this incredibly tough time.

From your initial post, and reading of Lili, it sounds like she was not for this world, but rather born an angel, that God would soon recall to look after you all from above.

When I lost my Nan suddenly from a stroke, I didn't think of it as her "never being there for me again", but rather "not physically being here any more".

Know that she will always be "there" for you. In your minds, in your hearts, and forever in your memories. If the sky is clear go outside, and look up. Find the brightest star. That's her letting you know she is there for you.

If I can make a recommendation for coping, make a living memorial to remember her by. Her name was Lili, so why not go out, buy (or build) some nice planter boxes, and grow yourself the most beautiful lilies you can. This is something you can always remember her by.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So sorry to hear brother, hope you and your family are doing alright, God must've needed his little angel and now shes with him.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The last time I posted here, I still remember pretty clearly, it was the early hours of the morning, there was a light rain and I was sitting outside the hospital preparing myself for the worst... much like right now.

From day one they gave our little princess little chance, she defied the odds over and over... she absolutely refused to give in everytime they gave her a timeframe.
They said she wouldn't make it past 2 weeks when she was first diagnosed, she proved them wrong.
They said she had less than a 15% shot at lasting a few months after that, she defied those odds.
They said she wouldn't see her 3rd birthday, it was no surprise that she broke that barrier and soldiered on.
Earlier this year, she was taken to hospital and we were told to say our last goodbyes on a daily basis every single day for over a month... It slowly became obvious as each day passed that Lili was not going to leave us as quick as they said.

So my family decided to bring her home and continue treating her with medications from around the world in hopes that something would work.
My parents worked around the clock tending to her every need, working on 2 hours of sleep every day and spending the rest by her side. Never leaving her alone for a second.
I've never witnessed 2 people do the things they've managed to endure for so long.

Unfortunately, as hard as my baby girl fought, her little body decided enough was enough last night.

It obvious now what she was fighting for... what she was waiting for... Her 6th birthday.
They told her she'd never see her 6th birthday. She held on with every ounce of her being to see this day, and she did.

There's not much anyone can do to prepare for the loss of an angel. Tonight the piece that held my world together has gone.
I feel a little relief knowing she's not in pain anymore, but the regret I feel that my daughter's will grow older and their memories of their aunty will fade and eventually they will forget her is tearing me apart. There wasn't a single person in the world who use to look at me with the amount of love she had in her eyes. I would walk into a crowded room and her eyes would lock on me instantly and wouldn't look away till I gave her my full attention and sat by her side. She was my #1 fan, and I, forever hers.

If only our love could keep her alive, she'd live forever.

Lili
20/04/2011
20/04/2017
So saddened to hear this..the love shown by your family..and the fight within Lili was amazing.. She will never be forgotten..the special ones never are..may she rest in peace..

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Absolutely devastated Trendsetter. So sad to hear about this. You need to take comfort in knowing that she is there for you now more than ever - in your heart, and watching down on you 24/7.

As Mr I said, she was not for this world, she was too good for it. God only takes the best, and that is Lili, the one person who will ALWAYS be your little angel.

If you could do me a little favor. Don't let her memory be forgotten by your daughters. When they are a little older, tell them about aunty Lili and how she lite up your world, and how you were the centre of hers. Don't ever let them forget about her.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Sorry to hear bro sad news :(
to GOD we belong and to GOD we will return .
May she rest in peace in Jannah my brother.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
mate I'm nearly in tears just reading this. I can't begin to imagine what you and your family are going through.

My heart and love goes out to you. R.I.P Angel.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Heart broken to read this :(

Rest In Peace Lili.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
May she rest in Peace. As sad as your words were, you can feel the love that you felt, shared and she brought to your life through every sentence. God bless

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The last time I posted here, I still remember pretty clearly, it was the early hours of the morning, there was a light rain and I was sitting outside the hospital preparing myself for the worst... much like right now.

From day one they gave our little princess little chance, she defied the odds over and over... she absolutely refused to give in everytime they gave her a timeframe.
They said she wouldn't make it past 2 weeks when she was first diagnosed, she proved them wrong.
They said she had less than a 15% shot at lasting a few months after that, she defied those odds.
They said she wouldn't see her 3rd birthday, it was no surprise that she broke that barrier and soldiered on.
Earlier this year, she was taken to hospital and we were told to say our last goodbyes on a daily basis every single day for over a month... It slowly became obvious as each day passed that Lili was not going to leave us as quick as they said.

So my family decided to bring her home and continue treating her with medications from around the world in hopes that something would work.
My parents worked around the clock tending to her every need, working on 2 hours of sleep every day and spending the rest by her side. Never leaving her alone for a second.
I've never witnessed 2 people do the things they've managed to endure for so long.

Unfortunately, as hard as my baby girl fought, her little body decided enough was enough last night.

It obvious now what she was fighting for... what she was waiting for... Her 6th birthday.
They told her she'd never see her 6th birthday. She held on with every ounce of her being to see this day, and she did.

There's not much anyone can do to prepare for the loss of an angel. Tonight the piece that held my world together has gone.
I feel a little relief knowing she's not in pain anymore, but the regret I feel that my daughter's will grow older and their memories of their aunty will fade and eventually they will forget her is tearing me apart. There wasn't a single person in the world who use to look at me with the amount of love she had in her eyes. I would walk into a crowded room and her eyes would lock on me instantly and wouldn't look away till I gave her my full attention and sat by her side. She was my #1 fan, and I, forever hers.

Lili
20/04/2011
20/04/2017
Having been absent for periods of time on the Kennel of late and just getting back into posting I was scrolling through the lounge today, something I have not done for quite a while and noted that there had been a post on this thread dated May 2 a long time after your post around January talking about how futile things seemed.

My heart sank and my worst fears were confirmed when I read the last page of posts. Not wanting to, but knowing that I must I came back to this post, my one immediate response was anger mixed with the sadness of knowing that the precious little one had been called away from this world and torn from the arms of her family.

Trendsetter, my heart aches for you and yours; I feel the unfairness of someone so young leaving before her life had really begun. I cry a tear, not ever having met her but feeling that I did know her in some small way through your story posted here on the Kennel.

Truth be told after events in our family lives over the last six months I had begun to question whether or not the man upstairs really had a feel for those here on earth. This is how I felt when I read this sad news, but, then after reflection upon how things have turned out for us I realised that although a lot of things that happen to us are unfair and I guess a lot would say unjust that sadness can still be tempered with a type of joy.
The joy of that loved one having been with us at all, the fond memories of the good days, when things were less complicated and illness not thought of, the bravery and dogged determination of those who fight the good fight never wanting to give up lest they disappoint those who love them and will mourn their loss. The grief we feel at that loss is also a measure of the immense love we held for that person and they for us.

Thank you for sharing the story of the beautiful little one, her picture that you posted so early on has stayed with me to this day. I know it has been a time since she left and the sadness is still very raw with you but please try not to overly dwell on the unfairness, difficult though it may be, rejoice in that love you shared, that bond that will never be broken, God bless that beautiful little girl who touched our hearts and minds and know that she will always look over you.

Family looks after family and I know everyone on the Kennel will always be there for you. Take time to set yourself straight and when you are ready and the time is right, and it shall be, come back to us and let us know how you are coping.

Rottie

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

Lili
20/04/2011
20/04/2017
Oh man, what do you say in situations like this...
Im so sorry to hear this it absolutely broke me up and tore me up, i just cant imagine what your family is going through.
Stay strong soldier,
just know that the sweetest place in paradise has Lilly's name on it.

RIP Angel Lilly

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
I'm hearing there is more bad news for his poor family his little brother has now got cancer hope he can recover god bless.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Please not be true.
I found out my mother knows his mother and she was telling me about Lilly I had no idea my mother new them then she told me the brother I think his 10 is in hospital for cancer.

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I wasn't sure how to come back and tell you guys... Boxer is right.

2 weeks to the day that my little girl passed away, I was sitting by her grave when I received the phone call from my mother.

Once again I had to re-live the day she called me to tell me Lili had cancer... this time though, it's my brother.

He's 15 years old, his cancer is in his abdomen. It's grown so big (14cm by 8cm) that it's pushed his kidneys way up and shifted his spine to the side.
He started chemo last week, so I'm not entirely sure how well it's going as it's still too early.

I've read through all the post since my last post, I haven't been too sure about what to say. To be honest, I rarely know what to think or feel nowadays, my mind seems to drift all over the place.

I can't thank you all enough. Thankyou for all the support and love. It will never be forgotten.
I guess this is what always draws me back here even when I feel like sitting by myself and not talk to anyone, which seems to be most of the time now.

There's a special place in my heart for each and every single one of you.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score

2 weeks to the day that my little girl passed away, I was sitting by her grave when I received the phone call from my mother.

Once again I had to re-live the day she called me to tell me Lili had cancer... this time though, it's my brother.

He's 15 years old, his cancer is in his abdomen. It's grown so big (14cm by 8cm) that it's pushed his kidneys way up and shifted his spine to the side.
He started chemo last week, so I'm not entirely sure how well it's going as it's still too early.

I've read through all the post since my last post, I haven't been too sure about what to say. To be honest, I rarely know what to think or feel nowadays, my mind seems to drift all over the place.

I can't thank you all enough. Thankyou for all the support and love. It will never be forgotten.
I guess this is what always draws me back here even when I feel like sitting by myself and not talk to anyone, which seems to be most of the time now.

Sorry to hear brother I really hope this time you get good news.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

I don't know what to say..All my strength to your brother and your family..

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

I am truly sorry to hear this.

We have just gone through the whole cancer thing with my husband but thankfully after an operation and chemo he is well on the mend and has just gone back to work after a layoff of nearly four months. Of course we have the lingering doubt in our minds as to whether or not it will return but for now we have to approach each and every check up with hope and positivity. He is strong and a fighter as I am sure your brother is.

I know how devastated we all were at the news of his illness so even though I can to a degree empathise with you I honestly cannot imagine how this has hit you so soon after the passing of Lili. Have faith and stay positive that your brother will come through this and look to having a long and happy life.

Stay in touch as you feel able to, pop back in even if it is only to vent and please allow us to help in any way we can. God willing things will be okay.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Gees mate.

Honestly I'm stuck or words except to say my heart goes out to you and your family, and I really hope all goes well for him.

bulldogsfan_88

Left Right Out
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Wow!! Not sure what to say man!! That is rough news will definitely be praying for you & your family!!

I recommend get him on a plane & up to Sydney to see professor David Morris!! He is one of the best in the business when it comes to abdomen cancer!! I have many of his patients come through where I work in ICU & the amount who come through who were given no hope of survival & have survived after he has looked after them is ridiculous. Long story short he does a surgery called a peritonectimy & is the only doctor in Australia doing them!! Look it up won't freak you out with the details but would definitely recommend him!! Like I said many patients have come in with a death sentence & left with hope

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Just when I thought this thread couldn't get any worse. Fk me life is a bitch.

I really hope they can help your Brother mate :/

Status
Not open for further replies.