Salary Cap Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So when you started this by saying that no other major code in the world would have these problems and I responded by pointing out several of them you change tac to talk about the NRL being incompetent with the salary cap when it is in fact the RLPA who are delaying things as the NRL has provided all clubs and players with a proposal months ago? I'm missing the bit about the NRL being incompetent? They've done everything ahead of schedule and consistent with the capacity to pay. All good to be annoyed that it hasn't been finalised, but lay the blame where it belongs - with the players and their managers.
I still lay the blame with the NRL. They are the ones incharge & the ones who run the game.. the buck stops with them

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I still lay the blame with the NRL. They are the ones incharge & the ones who run the game.. the buck stops with them
Perhaps then you should read the back page of the SMH where the RLPA today said they still don't agree with the salary cap notification for next year that the NRL sent to them months ago.....

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
So you overlook the fact that the AFL has played all season without an approved salary cap? You ignore the problems with cricket that have led to the cancellation of one tour and almost another? The Salary cap problem is of the players associations doing. The NRL produced a salary cap months ago and the RLPA can't get its act together to resolve the issue. It's not the NRL it's the players who are the problem.
AFL is different mate as they have a draft, so (I'm lead to believe) there is much commonality in wages.

E.G if all wingers/fullbacks/centres in the NRL cost the same amount a club could budget the cap easier.

Grant, Greenberg and Co have royally screwed up the cap announcement and idea, wait I'll go one better... the entire game.

It'll take years to unravel the damage done.....

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
AFL is different mate as they have a draft, so (I'm lead to believe) there is much commonality in wages.

E.G if all wingers/fullbacks/centres in the NRL cost the same amount a club could budget the cap easier.

Grant, Greenberg and Co have royally screwed up the cap announcement and idea, wait I'll go one better... the entire game.

It'll take years to unravel the damage done.....
Yes they have a draft - just like we tried to introduce and guess who shot that down - the players association. In any event the draft is only for those players, rookies included, who don't have a contract. They can still go from club to club as our players do, outside the draft. Still, it doesn't matter. The NRL presented their cap to all clubs several months ago and are still waiting for a response. If they just unilaterally applied it, everyone would be screaming about how they don't care about players and clubs, so they give them the opportunity to come back to them with any amendments and they sit on their hands and do nothing and still it is the NRL's fault. Not only is it illogical it is just plain bullshit. The biggest problem the game has at the moment is that no-one is actually in control of it. The clubs do their thing, the players do their thing, the media does its thing and the NRL doesn't have the authority to rein it in. The AFL on the other hand is a single body with total control and run from a single location. League isn't. We have state based operations, national operations, international operations and clubs undermining everything. If you really examine what everyone is whinging about you will find it is mostly about opinions and perspectives not facts.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The biggest problem the game has at the moment is that no-one is actually in control of it. The clubs do their thing, the players do their thing, the media does its thing and the NRL doesn't have the authority to rein it in.
Agree! This is the issue at the core of nearly every issue the game faces.

Even if it needs to take a step or two back before going forward. The NRL needs to grow a pair when making any deals moving forward.

They need to take all the decision making back into their own control. Even if the media deal is not as high next time round. They need to set the rules. Then get the Media organisations to bid on that basis.

Money is great but NOT at the expense of the basic fabric of the game!

I think they would still pay regardless. The NRL just need to show strong leadership.

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ready is a bullshit artist.

"I think"
"I understand"
"As it stands"
"I heard a rumor"

All statements which amount to "I've no fucking idea and am just talking out my arse"

The media claim 11 clubs are over, then only name two?

And I can't see how we are remotely close to being over when:
1. The cap had not been announced for 2018.
2. No journo is going to know our cap situation, nor our players salaries.

It's about time rugby league journos got back to doing what they get paid to do.... reporting on rugby league, not making up lies.
They've been spreading lies all year long i've stopped taking anything seriously. They'll probably come out tomorrow and say we're back in the race for cronk

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Agree! This is the issue at the core of nearly every issue the game faces.

Even if it needs to take a step or two back before going forward. The NRL needs to grow a pair when making any deals moving forward.

They need to take all the decision making back into their own control. Even if the media deal is not as high next time round. They need to set the rules. Then get the Media organisations to bid on that basis.

Money is great but NOT at the expense of the basic fabric of the game!

I think they would still pay regardless. The NRL just need to show strong leadership.
Sadly, I think the way the game is structured they don't have the authority to do what needs to be done. Between the omnipotence of the individual clubs and inability of the NRL to genuinely control all facets of the game like the AFL commission does, they tend to get left holding the bag for what the clubs do or don't do.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They've been spreading lies all year long i've stopped taking anything seriously. They'll probably come out tomorrow and say we're back in the race for cronk
I don't agree with a lot of things that are happening at the club, But believe the people in charge are diehard
Bulldogs who's only intentions are to further the greatness and prosperity of the club.

I Keep on saying...No club is going to discuss internal issues, especially salary cap!
But the Fans deserve and are entitled to an honest explanation !
WARNING
Never ever forget...The media Especially NEWS LTD are our ENEMIES !

Status
Not open for further replies.