OFFICIAL | POST-GAME Round 10| POST GAME | Panthers vs Bulldogs

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I still don't think it'll be a surprise if we keep it 1-12.. though if Taaffe is at 1 I'll be worried because we'll have trouble getting our sets rolling
I honestly think it's us and maybe a few non-biased punters thinking it will be close.

If Taaffe is FB I will lose confidence tbh. Plus Curran and Preston need maximum game time.

ShepardDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm coming with ya lol
How about we all raid their forum lol. Not that there would be many members there anyways haha. Even the tigers forum had very little amount of posters for their thread against us mainly the same 5-7 fellas all posting. Can’t even call it a forum more like a group chat haha.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I guess the good thing is there's nothing to lose.. a loss to the Panthers is something you can cop, particularly in Penrith. The team has shown enough this year to suggest they won't flog us.
This is what I'm thinking also.We are much improved yes but they have won 3 comps in a line and it's a fortress out there.
We will play well and not be embarassed but i am not confident of a win, fans shouldn't crack it if we don't.
We play teams coming off a bye in the following two rounds both of which are very winnable games imo, we can ambush those opponents early and win well.

alwaysthesun

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I honestly think it's us and maybe a few non-biased punters thinking it will be close.

If Taaffe is FB I will lose confidence tbh. Plus Curran and Preston need maximum game time.
Our defence and discipline is good enough to keep it respectable. I also think there is opportunities on their edges and we have more intel than other sides.

Yeah they're the kings of winning tackles 1 and 2 so here's hoping Tracey will play.

Trinfly

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Our defence and discipline is good enough to keep it respectable. I also think there is opportunities on their edges and we have more intel than other sides.

Yeah they're the kings of winning tackles 1 and 2 so here's hoping Tracey will play.
You gotta stop im starting to feel sorry for the Riff

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Interesting match ups across the park

Tracey vs Edwards- Tracey plays like Edwards (who is probably in the top 2 fullbacks in the game, the other being walsh)

Kiraz vs to'o - again like for like wingers, kiraz has the height advantage, to'o the yardage advantage but not by much, kiraz also has an offload

Burton vs cleary - the kicking game is massively going to come into this, cleary Mr consistent, burton has shown improvement with his kicking game, let's hope it continues because we're going to need his boot

Front row, they've got the goods, let's see what our little forwards can do

Backrow - kikau and preston vs Sorensen and Martin. Expect preston to win his match up vs Sorensen but it'll be close. Expect kikau to win his match up vs martin and oh boy what a match up

Edges - xerri, crichton and may (I'm not mentioning alamoti, he still hasn't been tested as to whether he can turn and run or not)

Biggest danger is cleary can kick teams to death.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
How about we all raid their forum lol. Not that there would be many members there anyways haha. Even the tigers forum had very little amount of posters for their thread against us mainly the same 5-7 fellas all posting. Can’t even call it a forum more like a group chat haha.
Love it! If we win we are all going there lol

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Interesting match ups across the park

Tracey vs Edwards- Tracey plays like Edwards (who is probably in the top 2 fullbacks in the game, the other being walsh)

Kiraz vs to'o - again like for like wingers, kiraz has the height advantage, to'o the yardage advantage but not by much, kiraz also has an offload
Burton vs cleary - the kicking game is massively going to come into this, cleary Mr consistent, burton has shown improvement with his kicking game, let's hope it continues because we're going to need his boot

Front row, they've got the goods, let's see what our little forwards can do

Backrow - kikau and preston vs Sorensen and Martin. Expect preston to win his match up vs Sorensen but it'll be close. Expect kikau to win his match up vs martin and oh boy what a match up

Edges - xerri, crichton and may (I'm not mentioning alamoti, he still hasn't been tested as to whether he can turn and run or not)

Biggest danger is cleary can kick teams to death.
I’m not sure where our points come from. I’m sure we’ll turn up for this, yet eventually we have to score. There defence is solid as, and line speed quicker than ours. Alamoti is a blessing with Tago out, seems to be our only way through

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I’m not sure where our points come from. I’m sure we’ll turn up for this, yet eventually we have to score. There defence is solid as, and line speed quicker than ours. Alamoti is a blessing with Tago out, seems to be our only way through
I'd love to know if ciro kept anything up his sleeve when coaching at the panthers but I doubt he did, seems the type of person that doesn't hold anything back, if he did, keep something up his sleeve, surely he'd implement it here as head coach

Ciro, as an assistant at Penrith, has probably done 1000s of hours of video review of their whole top 30, he'd know their weaknesses.

It'll come down to our boys being able to execute

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Teams won 3 comps straight and is 6-2. This is one time I’m not going to laugh at a team forum being cocky lmao

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Ok so the way I’ve assessed panthers last month or so is a fair few things.

1. Penrith have seriously had injuries/suspensions etc
2. Their back five seem to fire then misfire during games
3. forward pack is literally the only thing that has stayed consistent with their years gone by
4. Manly the way they played is something that strikes me as a game plan we need to utilize.

Now summing up what I think of this game. If you look at this year alone now, Penrith and warriors have deadset dropped the way Cleary and websters coaching status has been. When everyone laughed that we got the wrong coach from Penrith i was a bit concerned however we are starting to see how the defensive systems that was created by our very own coach Ciraldo in which our line speed, tackle technique, fitness, eagerness to run hard etc.. paying off as it’s evident.

For example, yesterdays game the tigers had a bigger pack, last weeks game the knights had a bigger pack, the week before that roosters had a bigger pack, week before that Melbourne had a bigger pack.

to me Ciraldo knew this from last year and had to target players available as one and two forwards that are probably more mobile and quicker than a 110kg forward. If you watch the replays against the last 4 games you can seriously see we are massive in the way we gain territory even if we are on our 10-15 meter line. What does Ciraldo do? Brings in Tracey who is our version of Dylan Edward’s to start out sets off good. Kiraz is only getting to the point of being a Brian too in his meters gained.

What I’m seeing is a team that is starting to hit the tip of the iceberg of a brand of footy that we’re not going to be worried about efforts or heart but the 1% split decisions we make in attack or defense that will make our games a win or loss.

For me I don’t think for a second Ciraldo cares about wether this a test of where we are at but rather how are we going to win this game off the back of knowing how each player he has coached before. What amazes me is out of us, manly and maybe raiders don’t think their is any other team close to the sort of speed we have in our backline hence why our game plan will definitely be about out pacing them with our back line and our mobile forward pack. Just remember Ciraldo knows each player his coming up against in the way to defend them and how to attack against them.

I’m so happy we got our bye rusty was out of the way yesterday because if we played Penrith the way we did then it would of been 40+ with Penrith.

Lastly south Sydney is an example of the first 15 minutes on how we should attack their d in their red zone. For the full 80 minutes we cannot slow down, be lazy or even think we’ve won until that final whistle.

anyways enough about my little synopsis I’m gonna open the pre game thread and merge this one with it. Let’s trot boys