OFFICIAL | POST-GAME Round 10| POST GAME | Panthers vs Bulldogs

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This will be our biggest threat of the year. Panthers are very hard to beat and you literally need to smash them for 80 mins. We have a top 4 defence so far this year, but this is our biggest test. There are the Panthers, then the rest, no one is on the same page with them in terms of relentlessly attacking an opposition.

Most team build up sets, and 3-4 of the plays are structure. Panthers attack you every play. I have concerns of a blow out, but if we play like we did against Melbourne and just shut them down I will be very happy. If we jag a win it will shut some people in the media down completely. I feel Matty Johns has been frothing over us this year. So the more we perform the more positive we will be seen by the media.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This is my concern. You guys are well aware of his deficiencies laterally. He has looked better in that regard this year, but hasn't been really tested yet. With Tago out it's a given he plays. Although Tago has been pretty ordinary this year, so not a big deal apart from the inside info on Alamoti. On the other hand he will be busting to rip in against his old club, so that gives it a bit of spice.
Dont ex dogs always have a filed day against us :p hit him for any time try scorer :p

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Chuck him in a multi with Critta, I'm expecting a big game from him. Still love the bloke, but I hope he has a shocker. Ha ha.
Critta will get an intercept try so you'll hit both :p haha

LucasFitzo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
This is a free roll of the dice for us where we simply aren't expected to win but still be competitive. BUT all the pressure is on them to come out and win.. So hopefully this rain keeps up because Panthers are notoriously bad in the rain.. St Helens.. Eels .. Tigers have all got wins over them in rain.
But if we somehow miraculously pulled out this of the fire, its a season defining game where everyone in the comp would take a look over their shoulder and we become an automatic finals team.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we stay in it for 60 mins we’re fit enough to win. We need another big body in the 17 for this one.

Johnnny2233

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I have a feeling Sutton will ref this game , will make sure panthers have a 12 point head start and try to slowly suck the life out of us.
Hopefully not Adam gee should be the ref but I got a feeling Todd smith might just a gut feeling

Johnnny2233

Kennel Established
Reaction score
This is a free roll of the dice for us where we simply aren't expected to win but still be competitive. BUT all the pressure is on them to come out and win.. So hopefully this rain keeps up because Panthers are notoriously bad in the rain.. St Helens.. Eels .. Tigers have all got wins over them in rain.
But if we somehow miraculously pulled out this of the fire, its a season defining game where everyone in the comp would take a look over their shoulder and we become an automatic finals team.
100% rain storm it says it’s raining 70% rain so yes rain and no Tago this week copped a one week ban for a hip drop

Reaction score
I have a feeling Sutton will ref this game , will make sure panthers have a 12 point head start and try to slowly suck the life out of us.
am not so sure about that, given he was in the bunker against tigers, so it's more likely he'll officiate another team this weekend.

Raysie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Meanwhile we seem to go alright in the rain from past years and that Roosters game. Imagine we come out with that same confidence and really startle the best team in the comp.

alwaysthesun

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We gotta take advantage of Alamoti defending at centre. We could score multiple tries on his side.
Turuva is also a somewhat of a target... Panthers just do such a good job as a unit that he's usually covered.. but if Connor plays I reckon we can catch him out.

Johnnny2233

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Meanwhile we seem to go alright in the rain from past years and that Roosters game. Imagine we come out with that same confidence and really startle the best team in the comp.
Good thing is Ciro knows there plays kiks critta burton salmon all know there game plans aswell defensively we can crack them smash Alamoti side target there edges especially Turuva edge that’s the side we can get them throw some trick plays in there too

I got a feeling Canterbury BULLDOGS will beat Penrith panthers this week !!!!!!!

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We'll have to be at our absolute defensive best. Our team will be pumped for this game and will turn up with the same sort of intensity that they bring for Melbourne matches. I expect the game to be decided in the final 20 mins when Panthers show their class.
Our only hope of winning is if Burton kicks well and limits the impact of their backs.

Moey91

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Was there for the Panthers and Broncos game few weeks ago, the crowd will help him ref the fuck out of us, their consistent booing and oh’s is what gives him an adrenaline rush