Retro Gaming

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Otherwise find a Super Nintendo classic mini. $119 brand new with 20 popular games
@TANK 2.0
I think you're better off getting a 2ds or 3ds than one of those home systems. It has a good selection of the classic nintendo games available to buy in hard copy, but also newer games...and it has most of the old classic NES and Super Nintendo games available for it on the Nintendo online store as well. Better value than any of those mini consoles IMO. I love my 2ds. Play it as much as my PS4 and original Xbox....

Mind you if you're only paying $40 for a classic Nintendo, $40 is not bad. I'd personally get a ds before I'd get one of those retro mini systems....at least retail, but if you can get one online do cheap, that's another decent option too.

I do rate the DS though. More variety in terms of games you can pick up than the classic systems and also the fact it is portable is great. Especially for kids during travel and stuff. Even I love the fact I can crack it out on the train and stuff. They are awesome little things!

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score

Wahesh

Reaction score
Haven't played a good racing game in a while... well, apart from national hart games haha. Thanks mate, I'll keep an eye out for it!
No worries. I remember I got it for Christmas in 2005. To this day I still play it.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL - that's so typical from China. Please post a pic of them up man :grinning:

Well it looks like that made 714 lol - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nintendo_Entertainment_System_games
what did you want a pic of? the game are mostly Nintendo but I think there are a few Atari games in there as well.

Maybe there is 100 you would ever play and the others just ridiculously bad games. The controllers are ok though, feel like the old Nintendo controllers. pretty good for young kids who are going to destroy them anyway.

Wahesh

Reaction score
what did you want a pic of? the game are mostly Nintendo but I think there are a few Atari games in there as well.

Maybe there is 100 you would ever play and the others just ridiculously bad games. The controllers are ok though, feel like the old Nintendo controllers. pretty good for young kids who are going to destroy them anyway.
I always preferred the Sega Master System controller to the NES. I found that the D-pad was a lot smoother and easier on the fingers that the 4-way NES one. Also the SMS D-pad has the advantage of 8 directions rather than just the 4 that the NES had.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I always preferred the Sega Master System controller to the NES. I found that the D-pad was a lot smoother and easier on the fingers that the 4-way NES one. Also the SMS D-pad has the advantage of 8 directions rather than just the 4 that the NES had.

Yeah Sega had it all over Nintendo from 1989-1993.
Once Super Nintendo came out that is when Sega started losing momentum.
Then PlayStation pretty much buried Sega.
Segas biggest mistake is they released to many new consoles and add ons which were all very similar.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Yeah Sega had it all over Nintendo from 1989-1993.
Once Super Nintendo came out that is when Sega started losing momentum.
Then PlayStation pretty much buried Sega.
Segas biggest mistake is they released to many new consoles and add ons which were all very similar.
Yeah I agree with that. The Sega CD for instance was just an add-on to the Mega Drive. Then they had all these other little extras but the Play Station (in my opinion) was the console that revolutionised the world. Check out these figures: https://venturebeat.com/2014/08/20/heres-who-won-each-console-war/

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

Wahesh

Reaction score
I used to have the Amstrad Mega PC lol
Shit bro. That thing was rare as lol. So Sega must've had 3 consoles they tried to use to enter the computing market - Amstrad Mega PC, TeraDrive, Dreamcast;

Amstrad Mega PC

Amstrad Mega PC.jpg

TeraDrive

Sega TeraDrive.jpg

Dreamcast

Dreamcast.jpg
Dreamcast 2.jpg

Wahesh

Reaction score
Anyone here ever play Streets of Rage on Sega?

Wahesh

Reaction score
Still play SoR II on an emulator.
I wasn't a big fan of #2 - I loved part 1 the most just for playability. I remember I always used to pick Blaze because I'd love tossing the ***** off the elevator on stage 7 :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yes. Alex the Kidd was an amazing game.