Retro Gaming

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
i downloaded the revenge of shinobi

i wish they had more games
A great game. This was one of the rare gems that was ported TO the arcade machines AFTER it's home console success. The sequel to the original "Shinobi" - btw @chris_e_fresh did you every play "Alex Kidd in Shinobi World" - which was the Alex Kidd version of the game?

Wahesh

Reaction score
One of my all time annoyances is that I never beat Double Dragon. The jingle is still in my head to this day though.
Please don't tell me you're talking about the Master System version of that game @N4TE?

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Please don't tell me you're talking about the Master System version of that game @N4TE?
I think it was Atari but could have Master System. I got to the final boss maybe half a dozen times ever but could never finish it. I think I was banned from playing it at one stage because of the carry on I would do.

Wahesh

Reaction score
I think it was Atari but could have Master System. I got to the final boss maybe half a dozen times ever but could never finish it. I think I was banned from playing it at one stage because of the carry on I would do.
I remember playing it on the Master System. It took up a good chunk of my childhood. The first 3 stages were easy, granted the 3rd stage (forest) was a little long.

The 4th and final stage, impossible without continuing. The machine gun guy just needed 1 bullet to kill you. I needed to use the flying round house cheat at the beginning of the 4th stage (do it 20 times to receive unlimited continues).

It was only a couple of years ago that I find out in order to kill the machine gun guy without dying, the only way to do it was by punching him. F**k that, I wanted to jump kick the mother f****r lol.

Excuse the quality of the video below - it has the cheat mentioned above right at the start of it though :grinning:

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
I remember playing it on the Master System. It took up a good chunk of my childhood. The first 3 stages were easy, granted the 3rd stage (forest) was a little long.

The 4th and final stage, impossible without continuing. The machine gun guy just needed 1 bullet to kill you. I needed to use the flying round house cheat at the beginning of the 4th stage (do it 20 times to receive unlimited continues).

It was only a couple of years ago that I find out in order to kill the machine gun guy without dying, the only way to do it was by punching him. F**k that, I wanted to jump kick the mother f****r lol.

Excuse the quality of the video below - it has the cheat mentioned above right at the start of it though :grinning:

That's made we want to pull out the old game and see if it still works. Probably not but I might go over my parents this weekend and give it a crack. Just looking at that final boss made my hands sweaty.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Last edited: