Rebuild

Status
Not open for further replies.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Having a so called rebuilding year is one of the greatest myths in rugby league

Plenty of examples of teams winning the comp after having a poor season the year before

Usually just takes some astute recruitment and you can challenge

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Plenty of examples of teams winning the comp after having a poor season the year before

Roosters do it time and time again. Politis has got to be the best operator in town.. I'd love to pick his brain on how to run a footy club and run a business in general

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Roosters do it time and time again. Politis has got to be the best operator in town.. I'd love to pick his brain on how to run a footy club and run a business in general
Politis wants to win first and foremost and thats his greatest aspect.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Really? They've won 2 comps in the last 30 years and one of those was because we were stripped of points. Everyone carries on about how coming second is a failure. Here's a team that keeps getting the minor premiership and falling over when it gets to the business end and we want to be more like them? Just because they throw the ball around a bit more than us doesn't make them champions or us slugs. Sure they have had a few youngsters come through their system that have gone well but that is as much luck as it is brilliance. Remember that Filliga kid who was supposed to be the next immortal. Never made FG. It's like racing you back a lot more losers than winners. We've had Mbye, Reynolds, Kas, Klem, Jacko, Elliott, Fualolo all come through the 20's the same as their young blokes. Everyone wants the next Cronk but they don't turn up that often. Clearly, if reports are right Cleal missed a couple of good'uns but that's life. Every recruitment guy has done that, including the chooks. Cleal's gone and hopefully the new bloke will pick up some hot prospects.

Ambrose

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

Exactly my thoughts. Rebuilding. 5 year plans. These are a thing of the past. Recruit well in the off season and you're good to go

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Des likes to keep a steady ship as he did at Manly and keep the core group of players together. He built a dynasty at Manly, one of the most successful clubs in the modern era. They should of had more Premierships but they got dudded by Melbourne cap cheaters just as Parramatta did.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Exactly my thoughts. Rebuilding. 5 year plans. These are a thing of the past. Recruit well in the off season and you're good to go
5 years? A rebuild can take place over 1-2 off seasons, just clear out the dead wood and replace them with players that will improve you. Theres a difference between us and teams like the Panthers that went through a 5 year plan, they focused on junior development while were in a different place atm where we have a core of players that are good enough and its just about replacing the other players around them.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This is what rebuilding used to be like at CANTERBURY BANKSTOWN BULLDOGS.
At the end of 1978 we lost 9 first grade players to Newtown 1 to Cronulla 2 retired.
Up to first grade came the reserve graders.
runners up 1979. premiers 1980.
We had to do it again after 1989 and 1995 and 2005/6.
Then...Players played with Great PASSION and HONOR and LITTLE MONEY.
Now...it's the other way around. (( don't blame them ))
Administrators that bluff their fans with so called long term plans are nothing short of pathetic failures who buy themselves time while earning hundreds of thousands of dollars a year doing almost nothing.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I'm keen for a rebuild.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I'm with you. Keep Jackson make him captain. Keep Klemmer. Keep Kas. Fuck the rest right off

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Sorry Montoya looks ok prospect

Number13

Management
Reaction score
I am so sorry to say this my fellow Kennellers but you are better off following an alternate NRL side than to expect the Bulldogs win the premiership within 20 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.