Computer/Console Talk/Gaming Super Thread

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
For anyone building a new system or have a newish motherboard do yourself a favor and get a samsung m.2 ssd, Got one yesterday and its insanely fast, Next level shit makes my other 3 ssds look slow.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
For anyone building a new system or have a newish motherboard do yourself a favor and get a samsung m.2 ssd, Got one yesterday and its insanely fast, Next level shit makes my other 3 ssds look slow.
Yeah the new NAND based M2 SSDs scream along.. shame they are stupidly expensive!

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Battlefront 2 beta is fucking amazing.
There's a few people who said that. I absolutely hated it and most people seem to hate it but there is a bunch of people who loved it for some unknown reason. I'll give it this. The environments and graphics are amazing, but the weapons, the upgrade system, the simplistic gun play, the simplistic flight controls, the run of the mill multiplayer, it all annoyed me too much to enjoy it. I am looking forward to the singleplayer campaign though. That looks amazing.

Reaction score
There's a few people who said that. I absolutely hated it and most people seem to hate it but there is a bunch of people who loved it for some unknown reason. I'll give it this. The environments and graphics are amazing, but the weapons, the upgrade system, the simplistic gun play, the simplistic flight controls, the run of the mill multiplayer, it all annoyed me too much to enjoy it. I am looking forward to the singleplayer campaign though. That looks amazing.
have you noticed they call kills eliminations now, and there's no KD

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
And don't get me started on microtransactions. I can understand them in a free game but when you're paying $100 for a game then they encourage you to spend a lot more in game, just annoys the heck out of me. What happened to the good old days where you could only get special items by having no job or social life and just grinding away at the game?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
have you noticed they call kills eliminations now, and there's no KD
It reminds me of the Clone Wars cartoons. They kill heaps of people but they never call it "death", it's just the loss of another clone.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
anyone played killing floor 2? pretty fun game to play with a group of mates
Need to get around to playing it. Played a bit of KF1 and I have the sequel, just haven't got around to playing it yet.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Anyone into sim racing or flight sim ?
Been searching now for a few years for an affordable motion platform. Found a dude in Melbourne that makes them for half the price of most .

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I live on my wheel lol, Project cars 2/forza 7
What wheel you got ? I got thrustmaster servo base and about 4 wheels and gt ultimate cockpit. And putting a deposit on this motion platform

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What wheel you got ? I got thrustmaster servo base and about 4 wheels and gt ultimate cockpit. And putting a deposit on this motion platform

Using a g27 atm on a next level racing stand but im upgrading in the next couple of weeks to either a fanatec csl elite with the 3 peddle brake cell pedals or a thrustmaster ts xw, Can't decide leaning towards fanatec people keep swearing by them.

Hows the thrustmaster servo base?

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Using a g27 atm on a next level racing stand but im upgrading in the next couple of weeks to either a fanatec csl elite with the 3 peddle brake cell pedals or a thrustmaster ts xw, Can't decide leaning towards fanatec people keep swearing by them.

Hows the thrustmaster servo base?
The servo base is pretty good, you hit the kitty litter in f1 and it does throw your arms and you got a good fight. The ts xw is meant to be good but pedal set it comes with pretty average. I would go fanatec you get that set you were talking about .the jump from the g27 to the fantatec would be massive you would be grinning from ear to ear every time you jump on it. Do as much research as you can read honest reviews and look around.
I personally would make the jump to fanatec but i got to much thrustmaster stuff , eventually i will but no rush

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
@rexest simworx do some nice pedals but your starting to get in the holy fuck this is getting expensive territory
Check out simworx or pagnian imports, ive dealt with pagnian before their prices are good and they get shit to your door quickly

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
At our new place, I've got one bedroom dedicated to what will end up the racing sim with tactile audio :grinning:

Three things.

1. What's with the gay music in that video clip?
2. Limited movement.
3. He doesn't even have a handbrake *thumbs down*