Computer/Console Talk/Gaming Super Thread

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Think the reference to "boots on the ground" is about taking the jumping out of the game. As it stands currently you can double jump 25-30 feet in the air.

Alot players are annoyed at ***** like me because when am getting shot from behind I now automatically jump turn 180 in the air and rain down death.

I actually hate doing it but its so overpowered and I just got used to it to the point I cant even control. I just hate the fact that you can jump shoot at all let alone doing it without any aim penalties.

BF1 all the way for simulation style shooter

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Think the reference to "boots on the ground" is about taking the jumping out of the game. As it stands currently you can double jump 25-30 feet in the air.

Alot players are annoyed at ***** like me because when am getting shot from behind I now automatically jump turn 180 in the air and rain down death.

I actually hate doing it but its so overpowered and I just got used to it to the point I cant even control. I just hate the fact that you can jump shoot at all let alone doing it without any aim penalties.

BF1 all the way for simulation style shooter
I played ArmA a lot, really should get back to playing it again, but all the ArmA series and the original Operation Flashpoint you couldn't jump and it's great. The developer concept is that you're carrying around heavy equipment. There's no reason you'd want to jump. Instead of jump they have a step over button which steps over short walls.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Gone back to play Need For Speed The Run to try and remember why I stopped playing it.

Reason? It's shit!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Gone back to play Need For Speed The Run to try and remember why I stopped playing it.
Have you played Need for Speed - The Runs?

Very different game and involves eating a lot of chilli, dodgy currys, and shifty kebabs, then trying to get as far away from a public toilet as possible.

Hence the name of the game!

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Have you played Need for Speed - The Runs?

Very different game and involves eating a lot of chilli, dodgy currys, and shifty kebabs, then trying to get as far away from a public toilet as possible.

Hence the name of the game!
I actually did play that once - and luckily for me it didn't involve any soil whatsoever. I was so proud of my intestines for handling the intensity near breaking point.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Finished Horizon Zero Dawn. Game of the Year for me. Amazing game, especially in 4k.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Picked up Prey on PC. I wouldn't suggest it on console. Played the demo on console and the controls are awkward but on PC it plays great. It's very similar to Bioshock and System Shock. Not a game for everyone but quite a good game.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
@Hacky McAxe and others ... I've done a silly silly thing.

Went out and bought Ghost Recon: Wildlands for PC today.

Some of my issues with it were controller related, and hopefully I can have a bit of fun with it. $49 at the moment from JB Hifi.

Also bought Resident Evil 7 (again on PC), as I wasn't sure of the control system for XB. Again $49 from JB.
Both games from EB still ~$80-$100 each!

Then picked up Sebastian Loeb Rally and Trackmania Turbo for XB1 on 2 for $40 deal.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
@Hacky McAxe and others ... I've done a silly silly thing.

Went out and bought Ghost Recon: Wildlands for PC today.

Some of my issues with it were controller related, and hopefully I can have a bit of fun with it. $49 at the moment from JB Hifi.

Also bought Resident Evil 7 (again on PC), as I wasn't sure of the control system for XB. Again $49 from JB.
Both games from EB still ~$80-$100 each!

Then picked up Sebastian Loeb Rally and Trackmania Turbo for XB1 on 2 for $40 deal.
I picked up Ghost Recon as well. It's a heck of a lot better on PC. Still haven't played it much though.

Resi 7 is pretty bloody good but I stopped playing it 'cause I'm waiting to play it in VR

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
@Hacky McAxe do I need to have played the previous RE games in order to understand the storyline, or is it standalone?

i5 4670 w 8GB of RAM and GTX970
Hope GR runs okay :|

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Anybody ever played The Witcher 3?

Easily one of the best single player rpg's I have come across.

Not my genre of entertainment but I stumbled across it and the gameplay, the execution of the whole narrative and the way the whole atmosphere perfectly depicts the storyline has me hooked.

Add in the fact that the graphics and scenery are beautifully executed and the main character is liberal with his swords, tongue and penis equally and you have the makings of a beautiful crafted bit of entertainment.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
@Hacky McAxe do I need to have played the previous RE games in order to understand the storyline, or is it standalone?

i5 4670 w 8GB of RAM and GTX970
Hope GR runs okay :|
Nope. The resident evil games always have some kind of link but it's always very vague and doesn't really matter. I'm about 3 hours into RE7 and haven't seen a single thing linking it to the other games.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

Not my genre of entertainment but I stumbled across it and the gameplay, the execution of the whole narrative and the way the whole atmosphere perfectly depicts the storyline has me hooked.

Add in the fact that the graphics and scenery are beautifully executed and the main character is liberal with his swords, tongue and penis equally and you have the makings of a beautiful crafted bit of entertainment.

Yep. It's highly rated as one of the best games ever made. I'm about 2 hours into it. Need to sit down and play it but I rarely get time to focus on anything for longer than 30 minutes at a time.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

Easily one of the best games I've ever played, so well crafted, massive depth, free dlc, great value expansions.

dullbogs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

I've got 388 hrs played. By far the most I've ever put into a game.

Reaction score
I picked up Ghost Recon as well. It's a heck of a lot better on PC. Still haven't played it much though.

Resi 7 is pretty bloody good but I stopped playing it 'cause I'm waiting to play it in VR
i played through wildlands with my squad on ps4, main game was ok but got boring pretty fast.

the dlc is something else, monster trucks, nitrous boosts, rainbow farting unicorn motorbikes in a ghost recon game. that was enough for me, haven't touched the game since

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm reviving this thread to bitch about the how mediocre most of the games have been for next gen consoles!

I've looked up the upcoming games and nothing is appealing to me.
These game developers are all out of ideas and it doesn't help PlayStation released that VR shit and think their consumers actually give a fuck about it.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score

Might sound dumb... but are the clips with the people after the game intro..

Are they Full Motion video clips, or all digitally created??

If they are digital... fark me thats impressive.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Wolfenstein 2 has been announced. If you haven't played the first one then I would strongly suggest playing it (the remake that is). It was easily one of my favourite games of all time. Amazing combat and one of the best stories I've see. If you're too lazy to play the game then watch this...

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score

Start at 2 minutes and check out the IN GAME graphics... fark me .. probably take 1080Tis in SLi to run like that though.

I haven't played any of the new ones past Wolf 3D, but I need to (new Quake too).