PAY KEEPS HALF IN KENNEL- Interesting

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If Mbye has a future, it has to be as a centre. Hes not creative enough to be a FB. He can cut it as a centre.
I seriously had to logon to the Kennel when I saw your ridculous post.
"He's not creative enough to be a FB"
You're not serious are you. Since when does a fullback have to be as creative as a halfback or 5/8th?
Yes, it's important for a fullback in the modern game to have a bit of creativity and have a good pass on him and be able to put in an attacking kick EVERY NOW AND THEN.
And thats what Mbye is, he's an EVERY NOW AND THEN creative player, he's not good enough to be your Director in the 6 or 7 shirt, but for a fullback he'll be perfect and he'll chip in with some ball skills and kicks as a supporting role to the halves.
He ticks all the boxes as a fullback, electrifying speed, excellent in broken play, backs up well, he's no Andrew Johns but he can definately chime into the back line and throw your odd screamer of a pass and put the winger over. He's shown us that heaps of times. Is he creative enough to play in the halves..NO, but can he play fullback? He'll be a revolution at the back!

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I seriously had to logon to the Kennel when I saw your ridculous post.
"He's not creative enough to be a FB"
You're not serious are you. Since when does a fullback have to be as creative as a halfback or 5/8th?
Yes, it's important for a fullback in the modern game to have a bit of creativity and have a good pass on him and be able to put in an attacking kick EVERY NOW AND THEN.
And thats what Mbye is, he's an EVERY NOW AND THEN creative player, he's not good enough to be your Director in the 6 or 7 shirt, but for a fullback he'll be perfect and he'll chip in with some ball skills and kicks as a supporting role to the halves.
He ticks all the boxes as a fullback, electrifying speed, excellent in broken play, backs up well, he's no Andrew Johns but he can definately chime into the back line and throw your odd screamer of a pass and put the winger over. He's shown us that heaps of times. Is he creative enough to play in the halves..NO, but can he play fullback? He'll be a revolution at the back!
Pretty much this.... its worth a shot tbh. Could make us a contender. Worsr case scenario, re revert back to safe hoppa

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I believe Foran is a better 5/8 than a 1/2. Things are looking good.
1) Hoppa
6) Foran
7) Cleeland
9) Lichaa.
That doesnt make sense. Cleeland was twice ISP 5/8 of the year, and foran can easily play the role of a controlling half.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
That doesnt make sense. Cleeland was twice ISP 5/8 of the year, and foran can easily play the role of a controlling half.
Ofcourse it doesn't make sense, he doesn't know what he's talking about lol.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
1. Mbye
6. Cleeland
7. Foran
9. Lichaa
14. Brown
Why people persist with Mbye at FB is absolutely ridiculous to me... His a frontline player and his the best 5/8 at the club.

1. Hoppa
6. Mbye
7. Foran
9. Lichaa
14. Brown

Lewis and Frawley back up halves.. Brown back up 5/8 then Cleeland will fight it out with Frawley.

His the new Trent Cutler that cant play FB.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think he will do well in first grade

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mbye played all of his junior footy at fullback mate, so i wouldnt say he is inexperienced. Untried at NRL level yes, but at least he has played plenty of fg so he wont be overawed. God i hope that pay gives him a crack.
Ive been on the Mbye to fullback ride for ages as well...i just dont see him having more impact in other places, has safe hands and is fast as lightning so why not give him a crack...Hopoate is bland at best at fb

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Mbye played all of his junior footy at fullback mate, so i wouldnt say he is inexperienced. Untried at NRL level yes, but at least he has played plenty of fg so he wont be overawed. God i hope that pay gives him a crack.
His an unexperienced FB at NRL level, therefore his an unexperienced FB. AND playing FB at junior levels is completely different to the top level so I wouldn't be salivating over a kid who played FB for Noosa.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
His an unexperienced FB at NRL level, therefore his an unexperienced FB. AND playing FB at junior levels is completely different to the top level so I wouldn't be salivating over a kid who played FB for Noosa.
He is untried. Yet your willing to throw him to the wolves without seeing what he has to offer there....

5 games. Whats the harm. He will either be a rockstar, safe (hoppa) or a dud.

If he is a dud. Back to 5/8

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He is untried. Yet your willing to throw him to the wolves without seeing what he has to offer there....

5 games. Whats the harm. He will either be a rockstar, safe (hoppa) or a dud.

If he is a dud. Back to 5/8
1 game. Maybe a trial. I hated Mbye as a half until I saw what he could do in Reynolds position on the right hand side. Now that his got Foran next to him too we'll see the best of him and its just not worth toiling with.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
1 game. Maybe a trial. I hated Mbye as a half until I saw what he could do in Reynolds position on the right hand side. Now that his got Foran next to him too we'll see the best of him and its just not worth toiling with.
Meet me half way at 3 nrl games. Deal? Lolll

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Meet me half way at 3 nrl games. Deal? Lolll
Lol 1 trial and a pre-season hit-out with the under 20's at belmore sports ground. Now that's a cracking deal.

Malla

Reaction score
Jesus it's only been a month and can already see the difference a good coach makes lol

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm all for keeping Cleeland and moving Frawley on. good work Pay.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I must admit I have not seen Cleeland play at all, but I'm happy to see that opportunities will be given to players with potential from the lower grades ..
Watch his highlights on YouTube.

He can step, kick, throw a cut out pass, support, and has pace but Des never thought he was worth a try in first grade because we were just so good in attack weren't we ?. What a fucking idiot. From what I've read Des probably never watched him play. Des never took interest in anyone who wasn't a regular first grader and treated lower graders like strangers apparently.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.