Password needing to be reset every time I login

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
Hey guys

Am I the only person having to reset my password every time I login? Why is the Kennel constantly changing my password / or not recognising the one I use and keep re-creating? I have even tried to different passwords, each one registers and works - the moment I revisit the site it does not recognise it again. I have reset my password about 5 times in the past week.

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Don't know what that is, sounds like something on your end unless others are getting it as well?

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Whatever you are using it is probably blocking cookies. Most sites use cookies to store that kind of information so you dont need to keep entering the details. Could be the browser, try another. Could be browser settings. Could be java (only if u dont have it at all), updating it never hurts. Small chance your antivirus

This site saves fine for me on my PC, my laptop and my Samsung mobile phone with default settings and firefox on all 3.

Last edited:

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Maybe try logging out/ logging in to the app.

I had a look at the password setting in my profile page and as soon as I selected it , it prompts for a new password but doesn't actually need one .. Not sure if that's what you mean?

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I should have asked too, do you mean the app or website in a web browser. I dont use the app

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I can see in your user logs the password has been changed a few times, but not the reason why.

We can hardset a password in the account if you want.

Also make sure your email address in your account is correct (I can check that for you if you want as well).

Need more information on your environment though:
1. What device are you using to access the site?
2. What app/browser on the device are you using?
3. Does another browser have the same issue (e.g Chrome / Internet Explorer / Firefox)?
4. Do other sites do the same thing?
5. Do you have any identity protection software on the machine/device (e.g Norton Identity Protect)?

With the above I can get a better idea what might be going on.

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
I use a MacBook Pro and chrome browser - never was an issue until the past 2 odd weeks.

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
ok so I tried Safari and it logged in fine - so it seems we have a Mac Chrome browser issue??

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Ahhhh might be to do with HTTPS (SSL) now being enabled on the site.

Does it work fine in Safari?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Ahhh okay I know the issue 90% mate...

Google has modified Chrome recently to reject some types of SSL certificates.

I bet that's the problem... let me get @Nash to investigate.

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
Ahhhh might be to do with HTTPS (SSL) now being enabled on the site.

Does it work fine in Safari?
yes it does work on Safari - what can I do in my Chrome browser settings to fix this?
Ahhh okay I know the issue 90% mate...

Google has modified Chrome recently to reject some types of SSL certificates.

I bet that's the problem... let me get @Nash to investigate.
thanks mate! - I will also google this now too to see if I can change the chrome settings at my end.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I've just emailled Nash to bring this to his attention (thread) ... he's the site owner and programmer here :grinning:

Vagabond

flumshma
Reaction score
Been happening with android version of chrome. Slight difference is that I couldn't log in at all. For about last two to three weeks I think. Perhaps longer.

1. What device are you using to access the site?
Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, android 7.0

2. What app/browser on the device are you using?
Chrome
3. Does another browser have the same issue (e.g Chrome / Internet Explorer / Firefox)?
Samsung internet browser does not have that issue

4. Do other sites do the same thing?
Only other site I logged in recently is ozgameshop and there's no issue

5. Do you have any identity protection software on the machine/device (e.g Norton Identity Protect)?
No

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys

Am I the only person having to reset my password every time I login? Why is the Kennel constantly changing my password / or not recognising the one I use and keep re-creating? I have even tried to different passwords, each one registers and works - the moment I revisit the site it does not recognise it again. I have reset my password about 5 times in the past week.
Who are u talking to your not logged in.