Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that Kaz.

May he rest in peace.

Serpent

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Very sad news Kaz, im very sorry to hear about your loss, all the blessings and power to your dad and you and the family.
May the road rise to meet him and the wind be at his back, may his next journeys be full of happiness and love as his time with your family was.
I watched my dad die in a freak accident when i was a 7 year old, i know what you and the family is feeling, take care mate and all the power to you, you guys need to embrace your journey without him now, thats exactly as he would have wanted.
cheers

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
A whole fucking year, since my Dad died.

It's been really tough.

Even now, I go to tell him things he would be interested in, then it hits me, that I can't.

All I ask members here, is tell your loved ones how much you love them, because one day it will be too late & you will never get to tell them how you feel about them.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

It's been really tough.

Even now, I go to tell him things he would be interested in, then it hits me, that I can't.

All I ask members here, is tell your loved ones how much you love them, because one day it will be too late & you will never get to tell them how you feel about them.
Amen sister.

I lost my old man and the only human i was scared of in 2011, I still expect him to come home and tell me off about my beard or car or something lol

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

It's been really tough.

Lost my Mum to cancer last year in July, I actually started a thread about losing her after seeing this one.

You're absolutely right, I wish I could have that time back again to tell her how much I loved her.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score

It's been really tough.

I understand exactly what you mean. My dad passed away aged 62 from heart attack brought on by his serve case of rheumatoid arthritis.

My mum passed away aged 67 from cancer

My brother passed away aged 39 from cancer also.

I still see or hear things that i go "i need to tell so or so or show so or so this" before quickly hitting reality that they aren't there to show or tell anymore. I think it's just a subconscious thing.

I never thought that by age 33 i would have lost all my family members apart from 1 other brother. It's hard at times, specially the following months after their passing but life goes on, you adapt to life without them but they are still there in memory.

Me and my brother at times reflect on funny family moments and that's how we remember them.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
@Kaz

Very sad to hear you’re loss,

My thoughts are with you and your family during this difficult time,

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

It's been really tough.

Some of the best advice one can get right there. Hope you are holding up ok on what would obviously be a hard day for you and your family.

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Didnt see this thread last year.

Sorry for your loss kaz.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Kaz, I can't imagine what you are going through.

My father is currently in St Vincents being treated for cancer (multiple myeloma). His prognosis, whist not as positive as it seemed to be a about 9 months ago when he was first diagnosed, is still so-so. But it has given me much thought about our relationship, and how it has evolved over the years to where I can feel how happy he is to hear my voice and to see my son on skype (fuck, tears are forming as I type this). Spending some time with him at hospital a couple of weekends ago also showed me how he really is starting to depend on my for support, like I would have on him over the years. I know he will probably die before me of course, but you just hope its not bloody well now...

All the best. Hugs.

PS: Get your fucking skin checked please. Everyone. My father worked as a cane cutter in the 60s as a 14 year old. No shirt, hat etc of course. He now pays the price. I finally went at age 40 recently, and had two cut out.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Kaz, I can't imagine what you are going through.

My father is currently in St Vincents being treated for cancer (multiple myeloma). His prognosis, whist not as positive as it seemed to be a about 9 months ago when he was first diagnosed, is still so-so. But it has given me much thought about our relationship, and how it has evolved over the years to where I can feel how happy he is to hear my voice and to see my son on skype (fuck, tears are forming as I type this). Spending some time with him at hospital a couple of weekends ago also showed me how he really is starting to depend on my for support, like I would have on him over the years. I know he will probably die before me of course, but you just hope its not bloody well now...

All the best. Hugs.

PS: Get your fucking skin checked please. Everyone. My father worked as a cane cutter in the 60s as a 14 year old. No shirt, hat etc of course. He now pays the price. I finally went at age 40 recently, and had two cut out.
God give him and your family strength.

If it's ok by you I'd like to pray for him.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Bless you Kaz. My father past away in August 2008 and I still miss him :( May you father rest in peace in Gods Loving arms.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Sorry to hear it. I know what its like i dont have either parents any more.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
We sure do mate. Bless you Tank.
And you my bro.

It was a roller coaster losing my old man.

Got married one week,
Lost my dad the following week,
My son conceived the week after that.
Heart fucked up 2 months after that.

Doctors say it was an airborne virus that destroyed my heart, my mum says losing my dad broke it.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
@Moedogg @MatstaDogg @CroydonDog

My heart goes out to all of you. (I know it's a shock a Broncos fan has a heart)

@TANK 2.0

What can I say.

From a happy year, to a shit year within months.

Hugs to everyone.

Today wasn't as bad as I thought, though it was sad, we at least know he isn't suffering any more.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
And you my bro.

It was a roller coaster losing my old man.

Got married one week,
Lost my dad the following week,
My son conceived the week after that.
Heart fucked up 2 months after that.

Doctors say it was an airborne virus that destroyed my heart, my mum says losing my dad broke it.
My dad passed 4 months before my first child was to be born. My dad kept saying that we were having a boy he was sure of it. Couple of days after he passed we found out we were having a boy. Having my son so soon after my dad passing definitely helped the healing process and kept me busy. The thing that upset me most was that my dad was so excited that we were having a baby but he never got to meet him.

Status
Not open for further replies.