Movie Discussion

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Saw Geostorm this arvo.

It's basically Armageddon 2, but replace the father / SIL dynamic with brothers, and a meteorite with climate change and greed.

Annie Cornish reminds me a bit of Scarlett Johansson.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
All this talk of Star Wars reminded me of this...and watch for Boba Fett's cameo!

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
All this talk of Star Wars reminded me of this...and watch for Boba Fett's cameo!
I love this line..'I've beat you twice you sell out..now you bow down to Mickey Mouse..' lol!!! Boba Fett..was great..while he lasted! Ha ha..

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
All the new Star Wars suck and blow at the same time
Revenge of the Sith is the best one. Attack of the clones has a few good scenes.
Obi wan vs Boba Fett and the end when the war officially begins!

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Saw Geostorm this arvo.

It's basically Armageddon 2, but replace the father / SIL dynamic with brothers, and a meteorite with climate change and greed.

Annie Cornish reminds me a bit of Scarlett Johansson.
Hey man - the trailer for that movie looks pretty good though - and I'm a huge fan of Gerard Butler. Is there much action in that movie or is it mainly just natural disaster violence?

Wahesh

Reaction score
6 months to go until Rampage comes out. It's a movie based on the Sega games from the 80s where monsters destroy buildings all around the USA.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
6 months to go until Rampage comes out. It's a movie based on the Sega games from the 80s where monsters destroy buildings all around the USA.

I used to play the shit outta Rampage back in the day. Was a fun game for its time.

Not sure how the movie is gonna be though but i do like The Rock and Jeffrey Dean Morgan two of my favorite Actors.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Hey man - the trailer for that movie looks pretty good though - and I'm a huge fan of Gerard Butler. Is there much action in that movie or is it mainly just natural disaster violence?
It's mostly big explosions and things happening with a second to spare. You know, where someone is about to be sucked into space and they grab the last bit of tethering joined to the space station etc. You of course k ow that Gerard Butler will save the planet with 5 seconds to spare.

Butler's casting is neither here nor there, but he and JimSturgess are pretty convincing as British born American brothers.

I did say it's Armageddon 2, but Armageddon had a lot more character development, comedy etc, whereas this is more about big arse weather events. Pretty good on the big screen.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

I used to play the shit outta Rampage back in the day. Was a fun game for its time.

Not sure how the movie is gonna be though but i do like The Rock and Jeffrey Dean Morgan two of my favorite Actors.
Nothing good can come of this. The only way the film company sanctioned this is if they were all on crack.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nothing good can come of this. The only way the film company sanctioned this is if they were all on crack.
Most video games that have been turned into movies turn out to be poor adaptions unfortunately.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Anyone seen this? In light of the new Star Wars movie..The Last Jedi..coming out in December.. Its interesting to go back and look at what Mark Hamill said about the Force Awakens..after it came out..I know it’s a compilation..and thus edited..it’s quite interesting..especially the reaction of Kathleen Kennedy (the producer) at 3.40..

Wahesh

Reaction score
You see, this movie is going to be about The Rock's character only the monkey monster George, and he tries to save him with antidote before it's too late. The story in the game was similar, except they were scientists who were involved, not a monkey.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Finally watched War for Planet of the Apes.

I enjoyed it. Good action, decent story and it wrapped it up nicely. One thing annoyed me though. At least 2 or 3 times in the movie Caesar is staring off into the distance and an ape is using sign language behind Caesar then Caesar responds even though he couldn't see what they were saying.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Finally watched War for Planet of the Apes.

I enjoyed it. Good action, decent story and it wrapped it up nicely. One thing annoyed me though. At least 2 or 3 times in the movie Caesar is staring off into the distance and an ape is using sign language behind Caesar then Caesar responds even though he couldn't see what they were saying.
I just watched it yesterday..I enjoyed it too.. Echoed the themes of Apocalypse Now.. However..without giving away anything..the ending only half satisfied me..

Wahesh

Reaction score
Now that footy season is over, I'm watching a lot more movies. I might go back and watch some old guilty pleasures on dvd. The Glimmer Man perhaps, or Commando, even Double Impact. Love the cheesiness in those movies :-)

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Now that footy season is over, I'm watching a lot more movies. I might go back and watch some old guilty pleasures on dvd. The Glimmer Man perhaps, or Commando, even Double Impact. Love the cheesiness in those movies :grinning:
I dont need the gun John