Movie Discussion

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I finally saw the first John Wick yesterday (found it on th menu on my flight yesterday and decided it must be fate).

It certainly was a high body count to avenge a stolen car and a dead dog. I mean, I love dogs, and I understand the symbolism of the dog re his wife, but still...

I quite like
Michael Nyqvist as a baddie. Maybe its the beard or the fruity accent. Keanu Reeves i'm not s sure about, but then again, I couldn't think of a suitable replacement :grinning:

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I finally saw the first John Wick yesterday (found it on th menu on my flight yesterday and decided it must be fate).

It certainly was a high body count to avenge a stolen car and a dead dog. I mean, I love dogs, and I understand the symbolism of the dog re his wife, but still...

I quite like
Michael Nyqvist as a baddie. Maybe its the beard or the fruity accent. Keanu Reeves i'm not s sure about, but then again, I couldn't think of a suitable replacement :grinning:
Yeah i enjoyed the second one too. I think Keanu is the perfect choice for the role, his style really suits the character and the whole mood of the films i think.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
John Wick was a funny one. Keanu Reeves was perfect 'cause he's completely emotionless, but then he was meant to have emotion and he really, really can't portray emotion. The only one worse than him is Nicholas Cage.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Watched many movies recently on flights:

Morgan - pretty crap movie. Wouldn't really suggest it to anyone

Legend of Tarzan - Not and excellent movie but still very good. Definitely worth a watch

Divergent 1 & 2 - alright movies. Better than I thought they would be, but the main actress shits me. She was a terrible choice for the role

Hacksaw Ridge - Loved this movie. Very well made and tells the story of one of the greatest WW2 hero's perfectly

I'm sure I watched other movies but I can't really remember right now.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Watched many movies recently on flights:

Morgan - pretty crap movie. Wouldn't really suggest it to anyone

Legend of Tarzan - Not and excellent movie but still very good. Definitely worth a watch

Divergent 1 & 2 - alright movies. Better than I thought they would be, but the main actress shits me. She was a terrible choice for the role

Hacksaw Ridge - Loved this movie. Very well made and tells the story of one of the greatest WW2 hero's perfectly

I'm sure I watched other movies but I can't really remember right now.
Most of my movie viewing lately has been on planes to. But the problem is most of my flying lately is Brisbane to Melbourne. Once you take out all the announcements etc, you only get about 1hr 45 mins of viewing time. There are so many movies that I have to now get hold of to watch the last bits.

Today I saw Snowden. Joseph Gordon Levitt must have studied Ed Snowden well. He looks and talks just like him.

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't know if I've mentioned before but if anyone hasn't seen Judgement night and breakdown, I recommend you watch them both!

Judgement night stars with Emilio Estevez,Cuba Gooding Jnr and Dennis Leary.
Breakdown stars Kurt Russell and J.T Walsh.

I watched them on YouTube recently.
Breakdown is an excellent movie.

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Saw alien covenant the other day the best alien movie to date, anyone who loves sci fi / horror worth the wait and their already working on next installment.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Saw alien covenant the other day the best alien movie to date, anyone who loves sci fi / horror worth the wait and their already working on next installment.
Saw it when it was first released and absolutely hated it. It was so slow and boring, and much of it made no sense at all. There was so much potential there but they shot themselves in the foot and turned a potentially great film into a boring piece of garbage in my opinion.

It's a pity 'cause there's so much I like about the idea but they failed to explain it well enough.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Baywatch.

Fail.

It had a very weak storyline (life savers acting as cops getting shutdown by cops for over-stepping their mark). All about a drug syndicate operating in LA. Very stupid to ruin the classic TV show with the movie. On top of that, too much swearing.

Didn't do the show justice.

4/10.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Baywatch.

Fail.

It had a very weak storyline (life savers acting as cops getting shutdown by cops for over-stepping their mark). All about a drug syndicate operating in LA. Very stupid to ruin the classic TV show with the movie. On top of that, too much swearing.

Didn't do the show justice.

4/10.
I've read a lot of unkind reviews for this movie, but its not like we should have been expecting Citizen Kane.

To me it looks like the movie that is so bad you're not sure if it is a spoof or they are really trying to make a good film.

Wahesh

Reaction score
I've read a lot of unkind reviews for this movie, but its not like we should have been expecting Citizen Kane.

To me it looks like the movie that is so bad you're not sure if it is a spoof or they are really trying to make a good film.
They were trying to make it a good movie but by golly it was crap. I mean drugs... seriously? Come on... I wish I listened to my friend who told me not to watch it.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

Watching the trailer I'd say it's definitely a spoof. Just like the remake of 21 Jump Street and all those other movie remakes of shows that have come oh recently. They know they couldn't do the show justice if they remade it so they spoof it instead.

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
X-men Apocalypse was a good movie and even though the x was made to look like a cross I couldn't give a shit actually, good characters and great special effects, preferred Apocalypse over Logan by a mile.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
X-men Apocalypse was a good movie and even though the x was made to look like a cross I couldn't give a shit actually, good characters and great special effects, preferred Apocalypse over Logan by a mile.
Do you think we are ready for a Greatest American Hero Remake?

Believe it or not. ..

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
You are one in a million.

I'm one of the rare people who actually enjoyed Apocalypse, but personally I think Logan is the greatest X-men movie ever made.

Wahesh

Reaction score
LMFAO. I remember in that show, someone actually poked fun at how the guy was dressed LOL.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Watching the trailer I'd say it's definitely a spoof. Just like the remake of 21 Jump Street and all those other movie remakes of shows that have come oh recently. They know they couldn't do the show justice if they remade it so they spoof it instead.
In the movie The Rock plays Mitch Buchannon. Then DAVID HASSLEHOFF APPEARS ALSO AS MITCH FFS.

That just killed it.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
You probably could remake greatest american hero but who would play Katt and Culp as they made that show, that's my fav show of all time.
Kat was a relative unknown when he took his role, and he plays a guy who is just an average joe, so i think they should also cast a young fairly unknown actor in the role of Ralph Hinkley

Maybe Bryan Cranston could play Maxwell?

Not sure about Pam.

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are one in a million.

I'm one of the rare people who actually enjoyed Apocalypse, but personally I think Logan is the greatest X-men movie ever made.
I hated that they killed off Wolverine even though they had too, Jackman (wolverine) was the best x-men character ever.