Melbourne Storm's 2007 and 2009 premiership rings stolen

Status
Not open for further replies.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
http://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/rugb...tolen/ar-AAsVb9m?li=AAgfLCP&OCID=ansmsnnews11

Victorian police are looking for any information regarding the theft of Melbourne Storm premiership rings.

Rings from the Storm's 2007 and 2009 seasons have been stolen from a sports store in Melbourne.

The rings were reportedly residing in a safe which was taken in its entirety by an unknown number of offenders in the middle of September.

The Storm's premierships in 2007 and 2009 are famous for being stripped from this year's premiers during their salary cap scandal.

As well as the two premierships, the Storm were also stripped of their 2006, 2007 and 2008 minor premierships.

The rings given to players cost around $8,000 to make after being incrusted with numerous diamonds.

===============================================================

So why weren't they taken back after they cheated?

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
http://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/rugb...tolen/ar-AAsVb9m?li=AAgfLCP&OCID=ansmsnnews11

Victorian police are looking for any information regarding the theft of Melbourne Storm premiership rings.

Rings from the Storm's 2007 and 2009 seasons have been stolen from a sports store in Melbourne.

The rings were reportedly residing in a safe which was taken in its entirety by an unknown number of offenders in the middle of September.

The Storm's premierships in 2007 and 2009 are famous for being stripped from this year's premiers during their salary cap scandal.

As well as the two premierships, the Storm were also stripped of their 2006, 2007 and 2008 minor premierships.

The rings given to players cost around $8,000 to make after being incrusted with numerous diamonds.

===============================================================

So why weren't they taken back after they cheated?
There were only one of each so another question is what where they doing in a sport's store safe??? Were they sold to them??

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Does anyone else find the title misleading??

Malla

Reaction score
Wow only $8k for a ring? The NRL can surely do better than that lol

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Does anyone else find the title misleading??
A bit.

It does imply that it was this years stolen from a player personally.

I don't get the NRL continually trying to be like America. Cheerleaders, Monday Night Football, now rings...

Wahesh

Reaction score
A bit.

I don't get the NRL continually trying to be like America. Cheerleaders, Monday Night Football, now rings...
Rings are better than medallions. Cheerleaders are part of football, not just NFL. MNF is gone!

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Rings are better than medallions. Cheerleaders are part of football, not just NFL. MNF is gone!
Medallians are pretty cool - reminds me of playing junior footy.

I just discovered (when I should be working), that the first cheerleaders appeared in Rugby League back in 1964 for Wests. I thought it was a Newtown thing brought in by Singo in the early 80s. The things you learn.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Medallians are pretty cool - reminds me of playing junior footy.

I just discovered (when I should be working), that the first cheerleaders appeared in Rugby League back in 1964 for Wests. I thought it was a Newtown thing brought in by Singo in the early 80s. The things you learn.
Rings have a more personal touch in my opinion. Well more so when WE won back in 2004 as it has the players jersey number on them. In fact I'd be keen for the rings to be even MORE personalised. Have them awarded to the players after the GF with the players name and date unscripted in them, with the number being made of diamonds also be welded into them by melted gold.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Maybe Parra and Manly players could lodge a case for Storm stealing their premiership rings

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
A bit.

Yeh the original click bait title on nine.com.au implied this years rings were stolen. But half their titles are click bait. A bit late for the comment about NRL BECOMING like America(n football), we have had rings for ages. Our 2004 side got rings, and they were around before that.

Status
Not open for further replies.