Reaction score
Never disliked him
most people around me dont rate him but i do
horror year
For him all thanks to des and the shit recruiting
Mbye Montoya looking good for next year
Hopefully mbye does go to 9
We sign a new half or fullback
Or lewis steps up to compliment mbye and foran almost a qld/nz spine if we could nab rts in 2019 lol

jon50n

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
BLAHAHA I just read this online and I seriously thought it was April the 1st BLAHAHAHA Mybe PLEASE someone wake this bloke up from his dream!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
You'll be waiting a lot longer than this year to say it because there isn't a snowball's chance in Hell Mbye plays this year IMO....and he doesn't in any way deserve to.

I don't think there are many on here that hate him....we just think he's being played out of position and isn't a good half. You can blame Des for some of that.....not all of it. he used to have halves who played like halves at manly. Mbye just isn't up to it. He doesn't have organisational skills and he doesn't have the energy and enthusiasm to be an inspirational playmaker. He has a bullet pass and great running game, but I just don't see a half when I look at the guy.

I think he could add plenty to our team as a hooker or even centre....but seeing him in the halves is just depressing. If he wants to be half he could at least look like he wants to be there. No doubt Hasler is holding him back....yet Mbye wanted a Hasler clause in his contract! This proves how clueless he is about playing in the halves if he thought Des would help develop his game. He's a hooker IMO...and could be a very good one.
I think he could make a very good 6 in a more traditional halves pairing with better systems around him. Just compare Keary at Souths to his form at the Roosters, massive difference simply because he is playing a role that suits him.

Our halves just don't have the ball runners and options around them that other halves have. People can keep bashing them for their lack of creativity but they simply have nothing to work off. Forwards don't run any good lines, spacings and depth is poor, slow ball movement, etc. He just hasn't been able to develop his game over the years because of things like this imo.

Yes i agree with you and think he could make a very good Hooker. He might have to move there soon due to his poor development in the halves having a negative effect on him in that position.

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's not that bad. Some of the games he played last year were very good. The games vs broncos, south on good friday, panthers in round 2 came to mind. Don't think organising is his strength tho.
He has been out of form this year. Then again his forwards has not given him much room. May be a bit short on confidence too so not prepared to do more.
A bit disappointed with his development tho. Thought he could have improved his kicking game during summer.

ALX25

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Has a better chance of playing for QLD then DCE, but needs to admit he isn't a half and become a 9.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Get him out of halfback and don't give him any game management and you would see a lot better player.

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Didn't realise they had Origin at Park Football level.
Is he on the bench.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He won't get picked at 6, it's just a routine media session and there talking about this because Walters mentioned it. He called himself mediocre, he knows he's no where near the 6 jersey for QLD lol.
He's got a big head

LucasFitzo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
All these wraps on him as a hooker must surely translate into him playing there full time soon because hes the worst halfback i have ever seen. I would rather have Daniel Holdsworth no joke lol

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Mbye and first grade shouldn't be in the same sentence let alone Mbye and origin.

bulldog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Out of position, out of form and playing under a coach out of ideas.

Reactions: DT

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think he could make a very good 6 in a more traditional halves pairing with better systems around him. Just compare Keary at Souths to his form at the Roosters, massive difference simply because he is playing a role that suits him.

Our halves just don't have the ball runners and options around them that other halves have. People can keep bashing them for their lack of creativity but they simply have nothing to work off. Forwards don't run any good lines, spacings and depth is poor, slow ball movement, etc. He just hasn't been able to develop his game over the years because of things like this imo.

Yes i agree with you and think he could make a very good Hooker. He might have to move there soon due to his poor development in the halves having a negative effect on him in that position.
I agree. Also think he would benefit from the club employing Johns or Cronk as a half coach next year....

Minion

Kennel Established
Reaction score
How has he been inconsistent ffs? Mbye is consistently shit at playing in the halves. Qld would call King Wally out of retirement to play five eighth before they took a punt on a half of his "quality", surely. The QRL is just trolling with this Mbye talk. He's less than no chance.
They could also get Noel Cleal to make a comeback. He could demolish a van full of pies after the game.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
They could also get Noel Cleal to make a comeback. He could demolish a van full of pies after the game.
That tubby prick would still probably be better on the field than he is in the recruitment office!

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does this guy actually think he's a chance of being called up to play origin, what a fucking delusional moron, he's fucking useless and that's a fact, he's the worst hb in the comp and that's 100% true and yet he thinks his form is a bit down, what has Mbye done for the doggies absolutely nothing.
Not one game has Mbye controlled and guided a Bulldogs side to victory, and he's had plenty of chances as far as I'm concerned he can fuck off with Hasler and Lichaa, I'm pretty sure the Maroons are laughing their arses off hearing this story.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
He's caught the delusion bug from Des. Des still thinks his gameplan works and Mbye thinks he's an Origin calibre half. No wonder why we're so fucked.

Reactions: DT

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score

Maybe he could. I don't particularly disagree with you...but I think he already is s very good hooked and that's his best position.

I actually could see him as a running half with a good organiser beside him.... but the fact he wanted a Des clause and seems to like playing to his kaka structures foesnt hovr me a great deal of faith in his judgment. If he wanted to be a good half, why would he ask for a get out clause if we were to shaft the coach who is actually holding back his development? Seems pretty stupid to me.

Honestly it probably doesn't matter where his best position is anyway as long as arseclown Hasler is at the club wasting the talent on our roster and squandering the team's potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.