Mbye dreaming of origin call up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
How has he been inconsistent ffs? Mbye is consistently shit at playing in the halves. Qld would call King Wally out of retirement to play five eighth before they took a punt on a half of his "quality", surely. The QRL is just trolling with this Mbye talk. He's less than no chance.

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
his form hasn't been inconsistent, it's been consistently shit, like the rest of the team

Brizdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
This **** has tickets on himself. He must be thinking hes playing ok then? Someone need to tell him the harsh reality that he will never play origin unless he gets a new coach/team.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Can't wait to say i told you so to all the haters tbh. Just hope Des hasn't permanently stiffled his development.

racin jason

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keep dreaming........... The Hayne Plane had a dream too........

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Can't wait to say i told you so to all the haters tbh. Just hope Des hasn't permanently stiffled his development.
I don't hate Mbye... i think he can be quiet a capable player. But what he could or should be has nothing to do with the probability that QLD selectors would select Thailday at 5/8 before Mbye atm.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
In fairness his last two games have been marked improvements. But he needs to improve on that and back it up week after week..

I don't know why or how he even mentions origin when he hasn't done anything at club level and is lucky to be playing first grade.

He's a nice and charming kid but he needs a reality check and someone to play him in the right position and be tough on him and get him to work on all aspects of his game. With a real coach and a greater work ethic and mentality of his own, he could have been an origin player. As it stands he's lucky he plays for a "coach" that never drops anyone.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Seriously the club and players want the fans to get off their backs but all they do is come out with bullshit talk and anger the fans even more

Fucking stop talking you all talk no delivery Kent. Fucking play and you'll shut up us fans

Reactions: DT

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I don't hate Mbye... i think he can be quiet a capable player. But what he could or should be has nothing to do with the probability that QLD selectors would select Thailday at 5/8 before Mbye atm.
He won't get picked at 6, it's just a routine media session and there talking about this because Walters mentioned it. He called himself mediocre, he knows he's no where near the 6 jersey for QLD lol.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
what an absolute peanut.

He is on crack if he thinks he's even close to an origin player.

If by some miracle Walters is also smoking crack and picks him, I would be putting approx. $10,000 on NSW to win game 3.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
He doesn't say if it was a good or bad dream!

"I think I've been a little bit mediocre to be honest," he told NRL.com when asked whether his form warranted an Origin call-up.
"The best word to describe it is 'inconsistent'. That's rugby league; every game is different and that's what breeds inconsistency, so all I can do is build on my game and work hard.
Fucking Captain Obvious right there.

Not "a little bit mediocre", try "a directionless mess".

Now you've identified the problem.. FIX IT!

Reactions: DT

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
You'll be waiting a lot longer than this year to say it because there isn't a snowball's chance in Hell Mbye plays this year IMO....and he doesn't in any way deserve to.

I don't think there are many on here that hate him....we just think he's being played out of position and isn't a good half. You can blame Des for some of that.....not all of it. he used to have halves who played like halves at manly. Mbye just isn't up to it. He doesn't have organisational skills and he doesn't have the energy and enthusiasm to be an inspirational playmaker. He has a bullet pass and great running game, but I just don't see a half when I look at the guy.

I think he could add plenty to our team as a hooker or even centre....but seeing him in the halves is just depressing. If he wants to be half he could at least look like he wants to be there. No doubt Hasler is holding him back....yet Mbye wanted a Hasler clause in his contract! This proves how clueless he is about playing in the halves if he thought Des would help develop his game. He's a hooker IMO...and could be a very good one.

Status
Not open for further replies.