News Manu confirms move to Japan

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Joseph Manu makes official call on NRL future.

The Sydney Roosters have confirmed that Joseph Manu will leave the club at the end of the season to pursue a new opportunity in a new code

On Tuesday, Manu informed the Roosters that he will make the move to rugby union by signing with the Toyota Verblitz (a Japanese rugby club).

“I have cherished my time playing rugby league for the Roosters so it's been a tough decision to leave the club and NRL," said Manu.

Read more .

I wonder who the Roosters are going to Target with Sualii and Manu leaving? Hope they don't go after Xerri.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

The Sydney Roosters have confirmed that Joseph Manu will leave the club at the end of the season to pursue a new opportunity in a new code

On Tuesday, Manu informed the Roosters that he will make the move to rugby union by signing with the Toyota Verblitz (a Japanese rugby club).

“I have cherished my time playing rugby league for the Roosters so it's been a tough decision to leave the club and NRL," said Manu.

Read more .

I wonder who the Roosters are going to Target with Sualii and Manu leaving? Hope they don't go after Xerri.
They will be silly not to go after Schiller. Related to Mullins, has links to both roosters and Canberra

HD and Ink

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Roosters are done.
Never....See Joey will be back to Bondi.
He's not gonna fit through any Japanese doors, beds will be half his size, Japanese are delicate eaters and def meals to small for him.

Nah he just won't fit in and he'll be back.

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Never....See Joey will be back to Bondi.
He's not gonna fit through any Japanese doors, beds will be half his size, Japanese are delicate eaters and def meals to small for him.

Nah he just won't fit in and he'll be back.
be interesting to see what the roosters will do with all that cap space now that sualli manu jwh are all confirmed leaving

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Read more .

Not many centers available hey. Suck shit, like u said hope they leave us alone. Alamoti was there man couple years ago, play him.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Maybe Hutch will go back. Used to fill in for them there a lot

HD and Ink

Kennel Established
Reaction score
be interesting to see what the roosters will do with all that cap space now that sualli manu jwh are all confirmed leaving
Maybe go after Jorgo from Union cause his dad played for us.
There are some handy union players NRL clubs could target.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Good money
Easy work
Different culture
Anonymity

What's not to love?
Depends if has young family, or planning on having one. Be extremely difficult being overseas with limited support and no family/friends to assist

alwaysthesun

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Billy Smith was coming good, but he's so injury prone.. be funny if they got Latrell back as a centre.

Dom Young is a great winger but I wonder if they'd consider trying him at centre and playing his brother on the wing.

Wearnze

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Surely the game could
Have done more to keep him in the game.
Big loss.