News Mahoney and Hetherington confrontation in sheds

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Tbf

If we played against Mahoney and he acted this way, we’d want our forwards to put one on his chin.

But once they got off the field, Hetherington just went bat shit crazy
A smart player would just line him up and legally tackle him hard enough to knock the wind out of him.
A dumb player would punch him.

An even dumber player would carry on in the tunnel after they both got put in the bin.

Bulldog Brower

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The drunk has written a feel good article about Hetherington in the Telegraph today, suggesting that the “no punch” rule has emboldened nigglers such as Mahoney to ply their trade lol.
Did the drunk ever write anything about one of the greatest nigglers, Ennis, when he was playing for the Sharks?

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm disagreeing with you here.
I'm going to continue to disagree with you because I think you are wrong.
And you are going to continue to disagree with me because you think I'm wrong.

We are on a computer screen so no violence can be had.

If we were in each other's company right now and had this disagreement
Would you think fighting me would be the way to settle the disagreement.

Would that mean then that the strongest individual who wins the fight is correct in their argument?

If you are much larger than me, and during our disagreement you started to fight me, and because you are much more capable than me does that mean you are right and I'm wrong in the disagreement?

Or does it just make you a bully?

I think if that scenario played out
I'd think you are a bully.
I'd also think you are an idiot and couldn't get your point across like a sensible human.
I'd also walk away thinking you were a chimp.

See what I'm saying here.
I do see what you are saying, but this is why I said when conditions are met and sometimes the only reasonable solution, it is mainly based on the extremes or a criterion is met.

I do believe issues can be mostly solved with reason and logic, but sometimes this is not possible with certain people and groups sadly.

If I was to argue with you over something trivial, I would not engage in violence because you do not or choose not to understand my point or I want to assert dominance, I simply ignore and move on as you aren't worth my time or I do not want to create division as some people take things personally in this manner.

If I was having a dispute or issue with you that affected me greatly and no external party could help or offer help, then yes, I would engage what I need to do even if violence is part of the solution.

Some people and groups do not understand or learn without violence usually at their expense period, if we take the simple bully example that has been brought up; please tell me how to solve the issue of a bully without violence?

If said bully continues their behavior after being warned, punished, educated and etc (trust me they do because I saw it happen to my younger brother and many other kids during high school), how do you stop it as you cannot simply ignore it? Very easy, you dominate them physically because you put them in their place and teach them a lesson forcefully they have chosen to reject...

From a personal experience regarding my younger brother getting bullied, we tried the whole report and leave it to administration thing, but it achieved nothing and it continued to a point of where it was affecting us greatly especially my younger brother.

So from my fathers instructions (he is a man with 3 PhDs in engineering so he isn't an idiot nor devoid of logic or reason) he informed me next time it happens to go and fuck up the kid who is doing it and anyone who tries to defend him (within reason lol), I was also in high school at the time.

I didn't want to smack up a kid younger than me and his brother from my year, but when the time came, that is what happened and the bullying stopped instantly.

We are a social species, but we still have our tribal nature and tendencies which can result in violence when required to solve disputes or issues.

Lynchpin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I do see what you are saying, but this is why I said when conditions are met and sometimes the only reasonable solution, it is mainly based on the extremes or a criterion is met.

I do believe issues can be mostly solved with reason and logic, but sometimes this is not possible with certain people and groups sadly.

If I was to argue with you over something trivial, I would not engage in violence because you do not or choose not to understand my point or I want to assert dominance, I simply ignore and move on as you aren't worth my time or I do not want to create division as some people take things personally in this manner.

If I was having a dispute or issue with you that affected me greatly and no external party could help or offer help, then yes, I would engage what I need to do even if violence is part of the solution.

Some people and groups do not understand or learn without violence usually at their expense period, if we take the simple bully example that has been brought up; please tell me how to solve the issue of a bully without violence?

If said bully continues their behavior after being warned, punished, educated and etc (trust me they do because I saw it happen to my younger brother and many other kids during high school), how do you stop it as you cannot simply ignore it? Very easy, you dominate them physically because you put them in their place and teach them a lesson forcefully they have chosen to reject...

From a personal experience regarding my younger brother getting bullied, we tried the whole report and leave it to administration thing, but it achieved nothing and it continued to a point of where it was affecting us greatly especially my younger brother.

So from my fathers instructions (he is a man with 3 PhDs in engineering so he isn't an idiot nor devoid of logic or reason) he informed me next time it happens to go and fuck up the kid who is doing it and anyone who tries to defend him (within reason lol), I was also in high school at the time.

I didn't want to smack up a kid younger than me and his brother from my year, but when the time came, that is what happened and the bullying stopped instantly.

We are a social species, but we still have our tribal nature and tendencies which can result in violence when required to solve disputes or issues.
Agreed.
"Civil society" is underpinned by the underlying threat of violence (necessary if one or both parties reject reason).
Removing that threat (or pretending it does not exist) is exactly what precipitates the violence "civil society" seeks to avoid.
You simply cannot have a "civil society" without that underlying threat; that last recourse.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hethribgton is such a flop. Built like a transformer but performs like a vaccum from wish. So arrogant when he left, barret was literally ass and he went to Newcastle afte Barrett was sacked. Just like klemmer they went for greener pastures

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
A smart player would just line him up and legally tackle him hard enough to knock the wind out of him.
A dumb player would punch him.

An even dumber player would carry on in the tunnel after they both got put in the bin.
I've been teaching juniors all my coaching life to react by legally hitting them hard, never talk or niggle back.

It's the best revenge plus it will keep you away from the ref's bullshit while teaching them actions are stronger than words and don't drop to their level.

PeteHazz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I've been teaching juniors all my coaching life to react by legally hitting them hard, never talk or niggle back.

It's the best revenge plus it will keep you away from the ref's bullshit while teaching them actions are stronger than words and don't drop to their level.
And it's now 2 - 4 weeks for juniors swearing within earshot of the ref

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
And it's now 2 - 4 weeks for juniors swearing within earshot of the ref
Maybe on paper, even this Saturday, there was a kid swearing and wouldn't shut the fuck up all game, my boys team made a complaint to the ref, the coach made a complaint to the ground manager, but since it was their home ground, it just got ignored.

I'm just happy we beat them and that loud mouthed fat kid had a sook and didn't shake our boys hands at the end.

The rot starts at JRL.

PS the shit level of refereeing starts in JRL and doesn't get addressed.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Perfect
Doing a great job

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
With the amount of knuckle draggers in society these days I'm surprised buzz hasn't had someone put one on his chin.
But let's be honest
He is frail.

That being said, there is no glory in beating someone smaller than yourself in a fight

It's why boys raised correctly with morals are taught not to hit girls.

Solving any issue with violence under any circumstances is the stuff of morons.
Low iq if you like.

Now I'm not a smart man, and I'm not a high achiever in life and even I know that much.

If I'm not a smart man, and even I know that, imagine how dumb you would have to be to think violence is a good way to settle a disagreement.
So someone starts attacking 1 of your kids or your wife,what do you do ? If your answer isn't stop the **** by any means possible, there is something wrong with how you were raised. Violence shouldn't be the answer. But sometimes it's the only solution

Doggystyle99

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yeah don’t get me wrong he’s a deadshit but he can throw hands he would have been a way better boxer than he is a footballer. The toughest/ most dangerous man to ever play rugby league in my opinion is Gay and would literally kill most of today’s “tough guys” in a fist fight. Stereo types have little bearing on reality. Mark Guyer was a tough football player but couldn’t fight his way out of a wet paper bag.
Whose gay?

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Whose the other fella(Manly supporter I noticed)on that Levels podcast with Mase?
I'm behind on episodes only just watched the rd 7 review episode and they had a good chat and laugh about this, as expected Mase said our little fella is good on the lip but also that he was smart enough not to shape up to mad Jacky "just in case".
The other guy even said let them have a crack on field but those days are long gone matey.