Mac Experts

Status
Not open for further replies.

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone here an expert with macs? I need some help because I'm retarded when it comes to macs!

Last year we went to America for a holiday. We took the Mrs macbook and every night we dumped our memory cards to it to free space up. Now I'm trying to move the 15 gb of photos and videos to an external hd and the fucker won't work. It'll copy some files but not all.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I came in this thread expecting to talk about burgers.... lol

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I got one wouldn't even know how to turn the **** on. Hit the **** with a hammer that fixes all

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
My personal preference on how to resolve issues with Macs.

Try moving smaller files at a time... maybe 1GB or so... see if that works.

Also what drive are you moving them onto? If the location is FAT32, then any video over 4GB individually won't transfer over due to file size limitation.

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Formatted to EXFAT which isn't supposed to have file size limit. Fucking piece of shit. It doesn't make sense because I tried smaller chunks and sometimes it works, other times it doesn't.

I don't have time to transfer 4000 fucking files piece by piece!

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Formatted to EXFAT which isn't supposed to have file size limit. Fucking piece of shit. It doesn't make sense because I tried smaller chunks and sometimes it works, other times it doesn't.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score

Maybe the USB ports fucked? Try another port or another drive.

Or if you are copying over wireless, that might be your issue.

Failing that...

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score

ZIP the whole batch of files. Then send the 1 zip file to yourself by ETF. It will take a chunk of your data to do (depending on the size of your files) but while you upload it, you can go and have a coffee, flog it, go for a jog, slap the salame, have lunch, spank the monkey, have a shower, masturbate... you name it!

Status
Not open for further replies.