Longtimedog dogs supporter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Longtimedog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Hi everyone
I would just like to introduce myself.
I have followed the Kennel for many years.
I have been to or seen every Bulldogs game since about 1965.
I am a passionate dogs supporter and even try to get to as many SG Ball Harold Matts Under 20's and ISP games.
I have played Grade Rugby League myself so I hope I can add some constructive comments from time to time.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Welcome to The Kennel.

Always good to welcome new faces aboard.

Look forward to reading your comments around the place, and try to ignore the odd trolls around here :grinning:

If you need help there are plenty of us moderators around here (see STAFF MEMBER under Username), who are around to lend a hand. Just tag us with @ username and we will reply.

E.G @Mr Invisible

Cheers!

Rottie

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Welcome to The Kennel.

Always good to welcome new faces aboard.

Look forward to reading your comments around the place, and try to ignore the odd trolls around here :grinning:

If you need help there are plenty of us moderators around here (see STAFF MEMBER under Username), who are around to lend a hand. Just tag us with @ username and we will reply.

E.G @Mr Invisible

Cheers!
Seriously how could you be fucked???

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gday guys.
I have just joined recently as well. Been a follower of this forum for over 10 years. Been a dogs fan for much longer.
Looking forward to participate in the discussions here.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
In your opinion after playing grade, do you rate Josh Reynolds as a half?

Longtimedog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
In your opinion after playing grade, do you rate Josh Reynolds as a half?
I like the enthusiasm he brings to the team . He does lift us on many occasions.
I sat behind the goal posts for the Manly game and every time he got the ball he ran at an angle . This causes everyone outside to start crabbing across field which makes it easy for opposition defences to slide and pick off our outside men . He is tough but tends to miss tackles at crucial times. His kicking game has improved marginally but as for all our players has an ordinary short kicking game .
This fact alone stops us from applying pressure from repeat sets .
If my memory is correct the last halves I can remember us scoring from kicks would be Kimmorley then back to Sherwin.
We are very 1 dimensional in the opposition 20
I would like to see Frawley who plays more direct at half with Mbye at fullback sweeping out the back ala Ben Barba .
Our halves generally are second receiver after one of our forwards.
It was refreshing to watch young Wakeham in 20 s on the weekend who played 1st receiver on both sides of the ruck and went rite to the line and popped passes to players running into holes .
That's what Foran will bring to our side with good hole runners like JACKSON and Elliott if Des lets him. He is prepared to take a hit at the line.Our Middle forwards just get in the way and crowd our backs. It works ok at our end of the field but not in opposition 20
To answer your question No .
Our forwards need to bash it up the middle like we did against Manly first game last year and let the halfs play of quick play the balls from first receiver.
I have watched every Dogs game since the early sixties but refused to watch the last 2 games of last year . That game plan was the most boring since Chris Anderson flat play in the Superleague era.
I was absolutely disgusted in our tactics last year.
We have only made minor changes this year but only going side to side. Need to go forward first and get opposition on back foot.

Status
Not open for further replies.