LIVE BLOG WITH NRL360’S PAUL KENT BELOW FROM 1PM AEDT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Yeh not a fan of Woods. Would far prefer we go signing someone like Matulino or Napa or even had a crack at McLean he's looked awesome for the storm this year

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeh not a fan of Woods. Would far prefer we go signing someone like Matulino or Napa or even had a crack at McLean he's looked awesome for the storm this year
I hate napas head. I literally cannot deal with it. I'll already be stressing and having heart attacks watching us attack and shit I dont need the extra stress of napas head.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I hate napas head. I literally cannot deal with it. I'll already be stressing and having heart attacks watching us attack and shit I dont need the extra stress of napas head.
LOL .. dim the TV

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Mate if you turned down blokes that play like him for their head we'd be empty of good forwards. Love his play. Hard prick. Still remember that game last year he just dominated absolutely everyone who ran he smashed them all on his own. That said its just an example if I was shelling out the money woods will some how get it would be a large chunk of taumalololo or I'd take napa or probz matulino or McLean and have left overs!

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Where did this whole "big 4" thing come from?

Melbourne have had a big 3, they where given the name because they where good, and won games and stuff......... Tigers got it because? They have a big 1 in Tedesco I think.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Imagine waking up with that head next to you each morning!

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Tedesco and Moses =Premiership
Even with them playing Des ball..
They would be our link men for our backs and forwards.
A fitter Kasiano getting more minutes getting clean offloads to Tedesco is jizz worthy

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
TOP 10? NOT EVEN CLOSE

Fox Sports Lab statistician Joel Carbone has devised a ratings system (Player Impact Scores) that uses key performance indicators in both attack and defence to give every player in the NRL an overall rating that changes from week to week.

The data he draws on is historical, meaning performances from two and three seasons ago are included, but more weighting is given to more recent performances.

Based on the clamour from the Tigers to keep Moses and Brooks at the club long-term, you’d think that at the very least they would be in the top 10 or 15 halves in the competition.

But according to their Player Impact Scores they’re not even close.

Wests Tigers halves Mitchell Moses and Luke Brooks.Source: News Corp Australia
Currently, Moses sits 20th and Brooks is 34th. Cut-price mature age half Cody Walker (17th) is ahead of both of them, as are Nathan Cleary (18th) and Ash Taylor (19th), who are both younger than the Tigers pair and have been on the scene for considerably less time.

Of the NRL’s 32 regular starting halves, only Newcastle’s Brock Lamb (35th) and St George Illawarra’s Josh McCrone (39th) have lower ratings than Brooks.

That’s not encouraging, it’s damming. Yet the Tigers have seemingly put their fate into the hands of powerful player manager Isaac Moses, who manages each of the ‘big four’ and is asking the Tigers to risk roughly $800,000-a-year on Moses and $600,000-a-year on Brooks.

Those salaries would go some way to justifying the ‘big four’ tag, considering Tedesco will likely sign for somewhere around the $1 million mark and Woods’ salary will almost certainly clear $700,000.

But at this point it’s impossible to argue that the halves have put up performances to match.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
im not sold on Brooks and Moses but its better than what we have now. Would love for us to take Nofoluma as well.

khan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mate if you turned down blokes that play like him for their head we'd be empty of good forwards. Love his play. Hard prick. Still remember that game last year he just dominated absolutely everyone who ran he smashed them all on his own. That said its just an example if I was shelling out the money woods will some how get it would be a large chunk of taumalololo or I'd take napa or probz matulino or McLean and have left overs!
Agree except mclean jus signed with cowboys. Napa 10000%

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
TOP 10? NOT EVEN CLOSE

Fox Sports Lab statistician Joel Carbone has devised a ratings system (Player Impact Scores) that uses key performance indicators in both attack and defence to give every player in the NRL an overall rating that changes from week to week.

The data he draws on is historical, meaning performances from two and three seasons ago are included, but more weighting is given to more recent performances.

Based on the clamour from the Tigers to keep Moses and Brooks at the club long-term, you’d think that at the very least they would be in the top 10 or 15 halves in the competition.

But according to their Player Impact Scores they’re not even close.

Wests Tigers halves Mitchell Moses and Luke Brooks.Source: News Corp Australia
Currently, Moses sits 20th and Brooks is 34th. Cut-price mature age half Cody Walker (17th) is ahead of both of them, as are Nathan Cleary (18th) and Ash Taylor (19th), who are both younger than the Tigers pair and have been on the scene for considerably less time.

Of the NRL’s 32 regular starting halves, only Newcastle’s Brock Lamb (35th) and St George Illawarra’s Josh McCrone (39th) have lower ratings than Brooks.

That’s not encouraging, it’s damming. Yet the Tigers have seemingly put their fate into the hands of powerful player manager Isaac Moses, who manages each of the ‘big four’ and is asking the Tigers to risk roughly $800,000-a-year on Moses and $600,000-a-year on Brooks.

Those salaries would go some way to justifying the ‘big four’ tag, considering Tedesco will likely sign for somewhere around the $1 million mark and Woods’ salary will almost certainly clear $700,000.

But at this point it’s impossible to argue that the halves have put up performances to match.
Would be nice if they showed us more player ratings..

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Didn't we just pay a fine for being over the cap ?
Now we're looking to purchase $3m worth of talent ?

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Isn't this the same statistician that rated Tolman in the top 25 players in the game.

One of the commentators over the weekend was saying Brooks and Moses have had their best games when not playing together.

Status
Not open for further replies.