Lichaa post match interview

Status
Not open for further replies.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not here to argue the point whether it was Des' fault or not but please explain this....

1) If the kid had deficiencies in his game, why did Des chase him so hard?
2) if these deficiencies were so visible, why was he killing it at Cronulla and was the next best thing as far as "hooker".

Chasing players with deficiencies like Lichaa and paying overs for "would be if he could be" halves like Mbye but telling others like Latrell Mitchell, Connor Watson and a number of other great talent on offer that they are not good enough is telling me that our supercoach has NFI or is abusing drugs to the max!!!
Lichaa is a good defensive hooker. Des wanted a hooker that was not flash with the ball but will tackle all game. Lichaa makes up around 40+ a game. With Des's simple structure in attack and to control the tempo of the game Lichaa fitted that mould and only wanted him as a passing hooker to keep it simple. Simple game plan is what ruined Lichaa just like others. Yes I blame Des.

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lichaa is a good defensive hooker. Des wanted a hooker that was not flash with the ball but will tackle all game. Lichaa makes up around 40+ a game. With Des's simple structure in attack and to control the tempo of the game Lichaa fitted that mould and only wanted him as a passing hooker to keep it simple. Simple game plan is what ruined Lichaa just like others. Yes I blame Des.
Understand all that but before you go out and buy a player, wouldn't you have studied him and you would have seen that he has a big and extremely important deficiency, his passing game.
This should be his No.1 weapon, yet his passing is below average.
If what you are saying is true, then passing should be absolutely spot on.
If he was bought as more of a running hooker, then it would be plausible that passing would be No.2 as his running game is No.1.
Just doesn't make sense!
IMHO, our coaches recruitment has been woeful from Day1!!

Malla

Reaction score
Makes so much sense now why Des did not want Ennis. He wanted a young hooker who would do as he is told lol

WestBeast

Peyow Peyow
Reaction score
Makes so much sense now why Des did not want Ennis. He wanted a young hooker who would do as he is told lol
Mick didn't play outside of des's game plan either , and he initially wanted to stay at the dogs too , soooo he was a lil bitch under Hasler too

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Go and work on your passing game champ instead of pissing and moaning,yes des is a shit coach,but you have a shitload of time to work on the poorer aspects of your game and you have gone backwards,cry me a fucking river mate.

fiordog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Understand all that but before you go out and buy a player, wouldn't you have studied him and you would have seen that he has a big and extremely important deficiency, his passing game.
If he was bought as more of a running hooker, then it would be plausible that passing would be No.2 as his running game is No.1.
Just doesn't make sense!
We're lucky he didn't try and get Ballin instead.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Just doesn't make sense!
I get your point

I think Des was just so desperate to get rid of Ennis ie a guy that questions the status quote that he went for a yes man rookie that would implement his zzzz game plan

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Whats the bet he makes a decent hooker.. his defence is good which is half the game
He has admitted this and it's true
des has made him an 80 minute player and improved his defence
That will put him in good stead moving forward as an NRl player

It's also true, Des killed what made him a good player
I hope his next coach gives him the freedom to play to his natural strengths

He could be the complete hooker now

Good luck to him

And fuck you Des

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I wonder if the problem with Lichaa is that he's not terribly quick with his thinking. Passing can be developed easily enough, and running hookers go purely instinctively. But Lichaa seems to get the ball with no plan in place hence why he's rarely able to pass more than one player wide of the ruck.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I wonder if the problem with Lichaa is that he's not terribly quick with his thinking. Passing can be developed easily enough, and running hookers go purely instinctively. But Lichaa seems to get the ball with no plan in place hence why he's rarely able to pass more than one player wide of the ruck.
Or Dessie's plan to this point has been high percentage passes, preferring the ball go through the hands then bullet, cut out passes. If you treat people like idiots, they turn into idiots

Status
Not open for further replies.