Lichaa post match interview

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nobody told Lichaa he had to pass to the person closest to him every fucking time. At the end of the day if he was able to get passes away better, our pack wouldn't constantly have been getting the ball flat footed & he would still have a contract. According to rumour he left the sharks with his father blaming their coach for not promoting him. I haven't been able to get the video yo play, but if he's having a whine about how he was coached he's a cop off the old block.

He may have been told not to play expansively, but I can't blame the coaching staff given that he struggles to cut out a player to pass to anyone but the bloke closest to him.

He defended well enough and his dummy half running occasionally is good. But a hooker that only passes 1 wide of the ruck is going to have trouble under any coach.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Nobody told Lichaa he had to pass to the person closest to him every fucking time. At the end of the day if he was able to get passes away better, our pack wouldn't constantly have been getting the ball flat footed & he would still have a contract. According to rumour he left the sharks with his father blaming their coach for not promoting him. I haven't been able to get the video yo play, but if he's having a whine about how he was coached he's a cop off the old block.

He may have been told not to play expansively, but I can't blame the coaching staff given that he struggles to cut out a player to pass to anyone but the bloke closest to him.

He defended well enough and his dummy half running occasionally is good. But a hooker that only passes 1 wide of the ruck is going to have trouble under any coach.
Agree

Also in that article back in 2015 he admits his running game would be stifled to learn to play tough for 80 minutes ie he knew what he signed up for.

Being a hooker in the NRL that doesn't know how to pass well or have any semblance of a kicking game ... he should be happy he got this far

I do hope he gets a gig somewhere but to blame the coaches that he lacks the fundamentals would only be a convenient argument nothing else

Yes we want Des gone but of the 11000 things a coach has to do each week teaching a professional the basics like an under 10s shouldn't be one of them

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Just maybe he can get a gig with Lebanon in the world Cup??

ibby

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Felt sorry for the bloke any idea of any other club has signed him. Don't worry next hooker that comes in Hasler will root him

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Felt sorry for the bloke any idea of any other club has signed him. Don't worry next hooker that comes in Hasler will root him
Hasn't been confirmed yet but he has signed elsewhere. They held a farewell for the departing players that have signed with other clubs. Castle and Dib fare-welled them. The players were Sam Kasiano, Michael Lichaa, Craig Garvey, Josh Reynolds and Tyrone Phillips. Here's the report and video of the fare-well.

http://www.sportingnews.com/au/leag...olds-lichaa-garvey/17d8lkhtqsh271hqvzv84mr2nr

Apparently Lichaa is still in negotiations with the Knights but there's no way the Dogs would officially big him fare-well unless he's signed with another club.

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why is everyone feeling sorry for a 23 year old (or whatever he is) who's earned himself close to a million dollars whilst playing like a busted ass for 90% of his dogs career?

Without a doubt one of the worst hookers i've ever seen at the club - I don't give a shit how good he was in youth / lower divisions.. what matter is NRL and he has failed hard.

He'll also score himself another contract somewhere so it's not the end of the world.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hasn't been confirmed yet but he has signed elsewhere. They held a farewell for the departing players that have signed with other clubs. Castle and Dib fare-welled them. The players were Sam Kasiano, Michael Lichaa, Craig Garvey, Josh Reynolds and Tyrone Phillips. Here's the report and video of the fare-well.

http://www.sportingnews.com/au/leag...olds-lichaa-garvey/17d8lkhtqsh271hqvzv84mr2nr

Apparently Lichaa is still in negotiations with the Knights but there's no way the Dogs would officially big him fare-well unless he's signed with another club.
Why? Isnt he unsigned with the dogs?

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why is everyone feeling sorry for a 23 year old (or whatever he is) who's earned himself close to a million dollars whilst playing like a busted ass for 90% of his dogs career?

Without a doubt one of the worst hookers i've ever seen at the club - I don't give a shit how good he was in youth / lower divisions.. what matter is NRL and he has failed hard.

He'll also score himself another contract somewhere so it's not the end of the world.
Fair point. But imagine training your whole life, only to find out you're not good enough. Identity wise you're fucked.

He'll probably find another club, but he didn't deserve to be fucked over by des.

To me this is 70% Des 30% lichaa. No point recruiting an attacking hooker if you want a Matt ballin clone. Don't change players to suit your system, especially if the mould doesn't fit. Des' inability to drop him or ship him off has potentially fucked his career and fucked the dogs. Better for everyone involved if Des had the balls to make the hard decision.

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Agree

Also in that article back in 2015 he admits his running game would be stifled to learn to play tough for 80 minutes ie he knew what he signed up for.

Being a hooker in the NRL that doesn't know how to pass well or have any semblance of a kicking game ... he should be happy he got this far

I do hope he gets a gig somewhere but to blame the coaches that he lacks the fundamentals would only be a convenient argument nothing else

Yes we want Des gone but of the 11000 things a coach has to do each week teaching a professional the basics like an under 10s shouldn't be one of them
I'm not here to argue the point whether it was Des' fault or not but please explain this....

1) If the kid had deficiencies in his game, why did Des chase him so hard?
2) if these deficiencies were so visible, why was he killing it at Cronulla and was the next best thing as far as "hooker".

Chasing players with deficiencies like Lichaa and paying overs for "would be if he could be" halves like Mbye but telling others like Latrell Mitchell, Connor Watson and a number of other great talent on offer that they are not good enough is telling me that our supercoach has NFI or is abusing drugs to the max!!!

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
He hasn't got a gig next year. Des will be sacked at seasons end. Foran is playing like he lost interest again. Maybe foz wont come and with a new coach we may make lichaa an offer.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yep. Many others are still unsigned with the Dogs too but we didn't bid them farewell
That's because we can only get rid of so many after one game, those card board cut outs are damn expensive you know!

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I recall plenty of posters giving it to him because he couldn't pass a ball from the ground swiftly..

His service, in my opinion, is still poor, but he can run and defend, that's his game. Des style definitely impacted his natural game but I guess we won't see the benefits of him having the shackles off.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
For fuck sake.

The crocodile tears for Lichaa on this thread are just fucking pathetic!!!!

The bloke has been criticized from pillar to post on here all season!! For good reason, his service from dummy half and his passing game generally is not good enough.

He has had other good games this seasonn also, the game before the fan forum at the club for example and Des is clearly a supporter of his. I think if it was up to Des he would be offered a contract.

Anyway good luck to the Kid. I hope he finds his feet somewhere with not too much of a pay cut.

Last edited:

terrylamb4lyfe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is alot of "Des ruined the bloke" sentiment in here...

There may be a point in some of it. You can ask questions about his running game before and after he came to us.

However, lets not forget his absolutely attrocious passing game. I find it difficult to pin that basic skill problem on Des.

Good luck to him or whatever... it's the correct thing for both parties to move on.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Lichaa will kill it under a different coach,
What ever weakens lichaa has a good coach will help him fix it .

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lichaa will kill it under a different coach,
What ever weakens lichaa has a good coach will help him fix it .
Good luck to the coach helping him fix his weaknesses (running, passing, kicking, mental ability, tackling)

Status
Not open for further replies.