Lichaa article

Status
Not open for further replies.

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone else find it a bit weird that the club puts up an article on their own facebook page about lichaa having no clue whether he'll be at the club next year and the fact its been really stressful for him not knowing his future. Just don't see the benefit of the club posting crap like that?

Job security is an issue more and more Australians are faced with on a daily basis, but for Bulldogs hooker Michael Lichaa, the uncertainty surrounding his future beyond 2017 is something he can't afford to dwell on.

The 23-year-old is off contract at the end of the season and admits he has no idea if he'll stay at the club or be forced to pursue other options.

Lichaa joined the Bulldogs in 2015 with much fanfare in a move that saw departing Canterbury skipper Michael Ennis replace him in the No.9 jersey at the Sharks.

A noted runner of the ball in the under-20s, Lichaa's style of play hasn't always been conducive to Canterbury's unorthodox methods in attack, but he has shown glimpses of his best in recent weeks with 65 and 90 metres in rounds 14 and 16.

With Kieran Foran and Aaron Woods set to join the club in 2018 – and with no definitive salary cap as of yet – there is pressure on some clubs to offload players in a bid to stay compliant by the time next season's competition gets underway.

It's a scary proposition for unsigned players who are trying to secure their futures in a world where some clubs have already filled their books, but the talented dummy-half is confident his manager will sort something out in the coming weeks.

"It's obviously pretty stressful but it's something that you have to deal with as a rugby league player. Hopefully my manager can get it sorted out soon, but for the moment I just have to wait and see," Lichaa told NRL.com.

"It's not ideal, but when you sign up to play rugby league you know it's going to happen. With the cap still not sorted for next year – it's crazy to think it's still not sorted – this is just a part of it.

"You can't stress too much otherwise it's going to take over your life. Hopefully they can get it sorted sooner rather than later, but ultimately it's out of my control.

"I'd like to stay here. It's up to the club and whether they can fit me in or whatever the go is. I trust my manager so I'm just leaving all that stuff to him."

As we recently saw with Daniel Mortimer's mid-season switch to Leigh Centurions, the English Super League remains an option for players looking to secure a future, but at 23 years of age and still in his prime, Lichaa is keen to stay in the NRL.

"You've got to put food on the table for your family, but I wouldn't really want to do that at the moment," he said. "It's not ideal, but you never say never."

Last edited by a moderator:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
It's probably the social media people being lazy with their filtering. They see a Bulldogs article so they re-post it without reading it.

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The media workers at the Bulldogs are clueless you can see that every week when they put up that shit #proudtobeabulldog thing when we be getting whipped every week

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They put an article about Barba like a week before he announced he'd be leaving and in the article he said he wanted to stay at the dogs.

Precise

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He's gone as far as I'm seeing it. Mbye to hooker and we might stop all calling for pitchforks at the front office next year.

Feel bad for the young guy still has to earn a living but I'm sure a superleague club will pay him well.

MasterP

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He hasn't got the balls, nobody has in here. All tough over this fucked up forum's.

obje

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He's gone as far as I'm seeing it. Mbye to hooker and we might stop all calling for pitchforks at the front office next year.

Feel bad for the young guy still has to earn a living but I'm sure a superleague club will pay him well.
He'd be the 2nd best paid Hooker after Smith right? Must be pretty good...

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
He'd be the 2nd best paid Hooker after Smith right? Must be pretty good...
Not even close. You have heard of blokes like Granville, Peats, Wallace, McCullough, Friend, Hodgson,Luke right? All of them would be on over $500k.

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yep was absolutely gobsmacked at this article. It read like a DT piece on him.

"Hey Michael we have absolutely no idea what we're gonna do with you next year, mind you if you give us some vague quotes for us to publish which includes devaluing your worth and suggesting super league as an option?"

Mike_B

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Pretty poor social media team as we know...

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You'll get a contract lichaa don't worry. May be passing bricks but it's something.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The club trying to get fan sympathy for him. I reckon he re-signed with the club long ago, and they're just waiting for a good time to announce it.

Yanni Gogolak

Kennel Established
Reaction score

Yeah I feel bad for him too. He looked like he was improving at times this year, he certainly played well against the Dragons. He was a gun player before he came here, and is still only 23... Is it the Des factor yet again ?

Status
Not open for further replies.