Let's offer the Tigers a swap ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For Moses (a half has to be the main priority), Tedesco, and Woods and maybe Brooks the club should offer some kind of swap arrangement. Give them Hopa, Reynolds, Lichaa, Eastwood, Tolman and maybe even Graham (all he does is run sideways these days for 750K a season and virtually no ball playing, although that would improve once Des is gone).

I'd like to see us running around next year with this team and ANY Joe Blow other than Des as coach.

James Tedesco
Brett Morris
Josh Morris
Brenko Lee
Marcelo Montoya
Mitchell Moses
Moses Mybe / Brooks
Aaron Woods
Zac Woolford / Garvey
Sam Kasiano
RFM
Josh Jackson
David Klemmer
RESERVES
any big ****
any big ****
any big ****
any big ****

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Only problem is you have Kas starting and klem still playing as a 3rd prop. The middle of the field will be weak having 3 props (Klem and kas being monsters). Little guys will rip them apart each time they have a quick play the ball. Also kas won't last more then 10 mins and won't be able to have any decent impact in his second stint.

Your line up looks 1000x better then what we have now (especially with brooks and moses in the halves).

But I would start klemmer and bring in a mobile forward for lock. Funny enough the best we have is probably graham but he has lost some fire in his belly.

Jake tobobboverinch would be the ideal guy, kid tackles hard, makes some runs and can ball play. Ideal lock. Otherwise someone like Merrin (I know both are locked up to contracts). Taumalolo is a damaging runner but not so sure how he will go without props next to him that can tackle all game. Might be worth throwing some coin at Nat butcher. The kid has what it takes to make the lock forward position his own in the next few years at any club in the nrl.

Then all you do is stack your bench with kas and another impact prop. You get a back rower on there too and a utility/half that can fill in at dummy half if needed. And then you have a team that is more balanced then what we have now.

But in saying all that we need a coach that has the ability to recruit and build a team. And unfortunately Hasler has never seemed to have been able to do this.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I like how the club signs nobody year after year and now we all think we're capable of signing these 4 guys in one hit from the same club.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Buy= James Tedesco, Jack Bird and Adam Reynolds.
Release= Josh Reynolds, Michael Lichaa, William Hopoate, Kerrod Holland and Chase Stanley.

Gives us this spine-

1. James Tedesco
6. Jack Bird
7. Adam Reynolds
9. Moses Mbye

Could easily win a comp with that spine under the right coach.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Release= Josh Reynolds, Michael Lichaa, William Hopoate, Kerrod Holland and Chase Stanley.

Gives us this spine-

1. James Tedesco
6. Jack Bird
7. Adam Reynolds
9. Moses Mbye

I don't think Adam Reynolds is off contract this year. Jack Bird would be a great addition if we could pair him with somebody who has a kicking game

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
For some reason I thought he was. If he isn't then Shaun Johnson. He could be great if he leaves the Warriors.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
For some reason I thought he was. If he isn't then Shaun Johnson. He could be great if he leaves the Warriors.
Johnson is a runner. He needs an organiser. Warriors are struggling because they lack a leader and direction. Foran will be a massive addition if he stays long term. Jack bird is a centre for me and than an old school lock. He is worth every cent of a million dollars we need a fullback a centre and new halves.

shannon2009

Kennel Established
Reaction score

Gives us this spine-

1. James Tedesco
6. Jack Bird
7. Adam Reynolds
9. Moses Mbye

That's nearly a 4million dollar spine. I don't think we could make it happen. There has to be a traditional halfback somewhere for less than 800k

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score

Gives us this spine-

1. James Tedesco
6. Jack Bird
7. Adam Reynolds
9. Moses Mbye

No chance we get any of those players. Sharks will keep Bird (not that we need another 5/8), South wouldnt let Adam go for a $10 million transfer fee, they would be useless without him, and Tigers should throw everything at Tedesco, hes the best player in thier team. Besides fullback isnt a position we would need to fill first, if we were looking for players. We are only short a halfback, and hooker (and the jury is out about coach). With hooker, Lichaa until last week showed improvement in important areas like running the ball. Last week actually spoiled the improving form of a number of players.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Why would any club want a bunch of players we don't.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Why everyone's sudden obsession with Brooks and Moses.

They aren't at bottom of ladder by chance, and they have had a few years to fire and yet don't.

Both are nothing better than park footballers and the only reason the club persevere with them is tigers have nobody else.

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why everyone's sudden obsession with Brooks and Moses.

They aren't at bottom of ladder by chance, and they have had a few years to fire and yet don't.

Both are nothing better than park footballers and the only reason the club persevere with them is tigers have nobody else.
I reckon moses will come good but don't really rate brooks, his defence still isn't up to scratch

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Best thing for both Moses and Brooks is to part ways. Brooks should approach Brisbane, Tigers should retain Moses and get maybe Benji - they might be able to work out a player swap for Brooks for the rest of the season.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I reckon moses will come good but don't really rate brooks, his defence still isn't up to scratch
Brooks definitely needs to work on defence but so does Mbye. And the problem is that Moses, Mbye and Reynolds are all 5/8s. Brooks is a halfback. We need a halfback, we don't need more 5/8s.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Brooks definitely needs to work on defence but so does Mbye. And the problem is that Moses, Mbye and Reynolds are all 5/8s. Brooks is a halfback. We need a halfback, we don't need more 5/8s.
Moses is a dominant half though and I think he played 7, Brooks 6 in juniors

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Why would the tigers agree to that ?
"You give us your best players and we'll give you our shitest ??"
"Sure thing. Here you go. "

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mbye probably has to get better at defensive reads but as far as halves go his defence is usually pretty solid. Hes a ball player though and not just a runner. Probably played his best footy last year when brooks wasn't there and ran the side

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Just sign Tedesco and offload Hoppa - simple. Surly there will be an increase in the cap and some idiot on overs we'll release?

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For Moses (a half has to be the main priority), Tedesco, and Woods and maybe Brooks the club should offer some kind of swap arrangement. Give them Hopa, Reynolds, Lichaa, Eastwood, Tolman and maybe even Graham (all he does is run sideways these days for 750K a season and virtually no ball playing, although that would improve once Des is gone).

I'd like to see us running around next year with this team and ANY Joe Blow other than Des as coach.

James Tedesco
Brett Morris
Josh Morris
Brenko Lee
Marcelo Montoya
Mitchell Moses
Moses Mybe / Brooks
Aaron Woods
Zac Woolford / Garvey
Sam Kasiano
RFM
Josh Jackson
David Klemmer
RESERVES
any big ****
any big ****
any big ****
any big ****
Apart from Tedesco, the rest of your backline is horseshit. Moses is overrated whilst the Morris twins are so far past their use by date, its not funny. Josh Morris' defence in 2017 is atrocious.Brenko Lee is a poor defender & with the ball is not threatening. The forward pack you've pick still has that slow stench about it. It's lacking mongrel. I think the best part of your lineup is probably your bench.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Let's offer the Tigers a swap ?

"For Moses (a half has to be the main priority), Tedesco, and Woods and maybe Brooks the club should offer some kind of swap arrangement. Give them Hopa, Reynolds, Lichaa, Eastwood, Tolman and maybe even Graham (all he does is run sideways these days for 750K a season and virtually no ball playing, although that would improve once Des is gone)".

Its a nice thought but no one's that dopey. Not even the Bulldogs Board. Hmm... well maybe they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.