Kieran Foran

Status
Not open for further replies.

khan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Kieran ends up backflippin on his deal, would there be a chance there is a clause in des's contract stating the deal would be null and void?
Would be gutted if he did but if it means the end of the des I'm all for it.
Any guess's?

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
His hamstring would not survive a backflip
I have been to view a few Warriors training sessions as they host it at an open park.

Foran does very little running, he does a few speed tests and drops out fast, that side to side running briefly and then plenty of contact work.

His hamstrings are shot to shit and look like they could go every time he runs.

I get the feeling that he is going to miss plenty of games for us unless he gets some serious surgery done in the next month or so.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
He will be great for us.
Hard as nails half, we need that.
Plus he can give the team direction.
And no he won't back flip.
And yes Des will be there next season.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I have been to view a few Warriors training sessions as they host it at an open park.

Foran does very little running, he does a few speed tests and drops out fast, that side to side running briefly and then plenty of contact work.

I get the feeling that he is going to miss plenty of games for us unless he gets some serious surgery done in the next month or so.
Even using a walking stick he would still have a better kicking game than everyone in our current team combined. The worst I have ever seen.

Tamworthdog

Waterboy
Reaction score
Foran's a great player but I feel like we've been through this every year: the world's best 2nd rower from Manly; swap an old, worn out hooker for a young superstar from Cronulla; a rockstar fullback that the Eels have been wasting on the wing. The Foran of 6 years ago is exactly what we need but are we going to get him. I'm not giving up hope altogether because I've seen glimpses of that Foran in a few matches this year.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
he doesn't need speed, we just need his leadership and his ability to engage the line. What we need is his durability, and let's hope his shoulder has fully healed.

The great thing about halves is that while their bodies breakdown, their minds are still intact. These guys aren't like fullbacks or forwards, their main weapon often is the ability to read the situation and pick the right option. If this was Brett Stewart or Tedesco, I'd be worried.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hopefully get's a shitload of rehab in the offseason and does whatever it takes to mend it

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
he doesn't need speed, we just need his leadership and his ability to engage the line. What we need is his durability, and let's hope his shoulder has fully healed.

The great thing about halves is that while their bodies breakdown, their minds are still intact. These guys aren't like fullbacks or forwards, their main weapon often is the ability to read the situation and pick the right option. If this was Brett Stewart or Tedesco, I'd be worried.
You should be worried. He is hardly going to play.

Reactions: GDR

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

I get the feeling that he is going to miss plenty of games for us unless he gets some serious surgery done in the next month or so
Thanks for all the good news FaceBreaker. :smiley: Hamstrings are one of the hardest injuries to repair.

I've just had a look at some images of Foran playing for both the Eels and the Warriors and his let thigh is heavily strapped for both of them.

If what you're saying is right (and there's no way I'm refuting it) it looks as though the Bulldogs have just signed up a total dud. Well done Des.

Minion

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Des is sticking to his tried and proven plan, sign as many duds as possible and cripple the club for as long as possible until he goes back to Manly.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Des is sticking to his tried and proven plan, sign as many duds as possible and cripple the club for as long as possible until he goes back to Manly.
Des has worked out a winning formula. Isn't it wonderful can do something right.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'd much rather have signed an able bodied Connor Watson for half the price than a hobbled Foran.

Foran is still an excellent player even when playing with no legs but he's half the player he was and who knows how much worse his body will be in another year or two.

I'm sure by then Foran will be on 1.7 million a year as Hasler would have backended his contract.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hasn't even played one game and he's a dud already lol. Yay the kennel

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Hasn't even played one game and he's a dud already lol. Yay the kennel
Dude, even if you don't factor in his recent off field issues, he has been plagued by chronic injuries and is coming to us a few years too late. I don't think it's unreasonable of many of us to be concerned and to be questioning this signing or Des;' recruitment strategy. No way in Hell Foran can fix our problems unless Des wakes up to himself. I doubt any player could, let alone one who is past their best. I wouldn't go as far as to say he's a dud, but I'd go as far as to say he's not an astute signing and he's definitely a stop gap measure at best.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Dude, even if you don't factor in his recent off field issues, he has been plagued by chronic injuries and is coming to us a few years too late. I don't think it's unreasonable of many of us to be concerned and to be questioning this signing or Des;' recruitment strategy. No way in Hell Foran can fix our problems unless Des wakes up to himself. I doubt any player could, let alone one who is past their best. I wouldn't go as far as to say he's a dud, but I'd go as far as to say he's not an astute signing and he's definitely a stop gap measure at best.
Nah not for me. I'd rather wait and see him play or not play for the club before I say what type of signing he is.

Who said he's past his best? Looks pretty good to me when he plays with a warriors side with turd go forward.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
[when he plays]

Kinda says it all, doesn't it? I think you're kinda making excuses for the guy. The warriors havce a better roster than us. If he can't make a roster featuring that spine contenders he's hardly going to make us contenders. He just isn't a smart signing.

I'm not saying you should agree......but your yay the kennel comment kinda implies we're being rash in our assessment Foran isn't a good signing. I would disagree and argue there is plenty of evidence to support our position and I don't think it can even be debated that he isn't young or a long term option. Maloney would have been a million times better.....younger, fitter, better. Yet we didn't even have a crack because Des was playing the waiting game for a half who is plagued by health and personal issues.

Another masterstroke by supercoach.

Status
Not open for further replies.