Kennel Unsafe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
CHARGE YOUR PHONE @Wolfmother !!!

Chrome claims to be secure, but it's anything but. Had been littered with bugs, exploits and patches.

The certificate issue is one example. Rather than deal with expiring certificates like all other browsers, they block them because it's in the "too hard basket" to resolve it another way.

Plus I don't trust google with full access to my search data from browser. Everything is too intrinsically linked, and if you check out your privacy / my activity page on Google (part of terms and conditions and on by default), it gets a little scary.
They all have bugs and they all track your data, how do you think they make money?

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
You know what's unsafe hanging onto a poo all day , by the time you get around to doing it, its got a hard baked cap on it that even a rotary hammer drill would have trouble busting through

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
They all have bugs and they all track your data, how do you think they make money?
IE and Firefox don't.

Firefox - non for profit organization with no vested interest in data mining.

IE/Edge - MS aren't interested in data mining as they make money elsewhere.

Google - make money data mining, and selling your data (anonymous or otherwise). The My Activity thing is frightening for Android users until you force disable all items of it.

If you left location, cookies, history, etc etc all on, you'd build a complete profile of where you were, what you were doing/looking at, over a long term. It'll also force through google ads on sits using them that are location and history specific.

If you've looked at or google up ice cream in the past, and are surfing web for "Ice cream" near an ice cream store, it'll display them back as google ads.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
IE and Firefox don't.

Firefox - non for profit organization with no vested interest in data mining.

IE/Edge - MS aren't interested in data mining as they make money elsewhere.

Google - make money data mining, and selling your data (anonymous or otherwise). The My Activity thing is frightening for Android users until you force disable all items of it.

If you left location, cookies, history, etc etc all on, you'd build a complete profile of where you were, what you were doing/looking at, over a long term. It'll also force through google ads on sits using them that are location and history specific.

If you've looked at or google up ice cream in the past, and are surfing web for "Ice cream" near an ice cream store, it'll display them back as google ads.

MS still collect data. Google doesn’t sell the data, they keep it and sell targeted ads. And if you use google as a search engine it doesn’t matter what browser you use. And also Facebook is probably the worst as it collects private conversation data which is used for advertisements as well. I use Adblock on mobile and PC so meh.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Now the kennel is trying to spyware me. Telling me I have won a Coles voucher and I just need to click this link.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Now the kennel is trying to spyware me. Telling me I have won a Coles voucher and I just need to click this link.
You did win a $100 Coles voucher... you just need to pay postage and handling, which is payable by $100 iTunes India gift card.

That's a rogue google Ad... I've since reported it.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
You did win a $100 Coles voucher... you just need to pay postage and handling, which is payable by $100 iTunes India gift card.

That's a rogue google Ad... I've since reported it.
Nah, it was a $1000 gift voucher and I needed to answer some simple questions like:

1) How often do you visit Coles?

2) What's your credit card number?

3) On average, how much money do you spend shopping each week?

4) If you were an animal, what would be the expiry date of your credit card and what 3 numbers would be written on the back of the card?

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Home button on the kennel gives me the same error.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I just bought a condom for my phone, so I guess the kennel is safe now lol

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score