Jason Taumalolo & Anthony Milford

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Taomalolo has re-signed a 10 year deal at $1m a season with the Cowboys.

Anthony Milford has re-signed with the Broncos for 3 years at $2.7m

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If thats the case then Taumalolo should sack his agent, the cap is only going to increase every year from now and locking himself at only 1m for the rest of his career is stupid.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If thats the case then Taumalolo should sack his agent, the cap is only going to increase every year from now and locking himself at only 1m for the rest of his career is stupid.
He could pull a T-Rex and cruise along for the next 10 years, in which case he's got his gravy train sorted for the rest of his life as long as he's able to spend wisely.

Last edited:

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
If true for taumalololo I'm shocked stupid deal for cows. Don't care if he's a beast couple injuries will hurt, throw in dce 10 year deal shows it doesn't exactly work

OITENTA-E-NOVE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
you would hope its set up to increase in percentage based on the cap increases in a couple years a straight 1mil will be a bargin

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
you would hope its set up to increase in percentage based on the cap increases in a couple years a straight 1mil will be a bargin
And if it is 1 million straight up then that would surely mean he rejected bigger offers, Im sure he would have received an offer in the regain of around 1.3 million.

Surprised Knights didn't offer something ridiculous and blow everyone out of the water.

1. Ponga
2. Elliot
3. Gagai
4. Mata'utia
5. Ross
6. Lamb
7. Hodkinson
8. Saifiti
9. Levi
10. Taumalolo
11. Buhrer
12. Mata'utia
13. Barnett

14. Stone
15. Yates
16. Saifiti
17. Starling

Thats a team with huge potential.

Hulk76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Dont hold your breath on the Taumalolo signing as they used that magic line 'on the verge' of signing. We on the kennel know what that really means !!!

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
He wont produce for 10 years, so if true is a brilliant move. Hes not a spine player and the way he plays he has a limited life...theres always big boppers coming through. Also if true, it allows him to borrow a lot for investment purposes - his bank will extend him a lot of credit on the back of a secure cashflow for next 10 years.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Moved to RL General and tagged Official.

Peter Badel reporting it in Courier Mail tomorrow.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Surely it would have options, won't be a straight 10 year contract. Great player but who knows what shape he'll be in at 28 or 29.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Wow. It makes our stupid Mason (4 yrs) and SBW (5 yrs) contract lengths look like innocent signings. This is an absolutely PATHETIC move by the Cowboys. JT might as well be in cruise mode for the rest of his career.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
He'll be 33 when contract ends.

Surely there would be stipulations like a raise in line with salary cap, or maybe this is pre tpas.

Either way pretty crazy stuff.

Looking at Cowboys line up, they would have to be on/over the cap.

Coote, Feldt, O'Neill, Morgan, Thurston, Scott, Granville, Lowe, Cooper, Taumalolo.

Plus Ponga and others in sure I've missed.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Surely there would be stipulations like a raise in line with salary cap, or maybe this is pre tpas.

Coote, Feldt, O'Neill, Morgan, Thurston, Scott, Granville, Lowe, Cooper, Taumalolo.

Ponga has already signed with the Knights for next season.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score

Half of them where no body's or looking for a chance after bad injuries. Jt hasn't got long Scott's probz gone or not getting a huge pay day. Think if they kept Tamou and if Thurston was mid 20's I'd agree though think they are just lucky with their risky plays like Coote and O'Neil killing it and staying injury free while no doubt on peanuts. Blokes like Granville and cooper and winterstein paying off for them Too as cheap signings. Morgan and Lowe and feldt etc are just good work on their behalf.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Matty Johns backed up my comments today an he made a bloody good point:

“Someone’s going to feel ripped off before the end of it or halfway through it,” Matty Johns told the Triple M Grill Team. “I just don’t think these big deals work.

“On one side of the coin you may have Jason Taumalolo — as unlikely as it is right now — losing form and they (the Cowboys) all of a sudden start to get twitchy and they start trying to ship him off.

“On the other side of the coin suddenly payments go through the roof with the next TV rights deal and poor old Jason’s sitting there capable of earning $1.8 or $1.9 million a year and he’s earning $1 million.

“My advice would be cool the heels a little bit, don’t sign anything more than a three or four year deal.

“If I was his management there’s no way I’d let him sign that. It’s detrimental ... it puts you in a comfort zone no player who plays a sport as tough as rugby league should sit in.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
And on Milford its good for the Broncos that they locked him up after losing Hunt even for $900,000

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
There are risks on both sides.

In the salary cap era its not the smartest move imo.

Its different in, say, the US and Europe with transfer fees etc.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
On the subject of the Milf.

I'm a fan of the Milf. I think locking up Milf for 3 years at that price is goos fir the Broncs.

Status
Not open for further replies.