Injuries. From gus

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Dust off and keep going, doubt there’s much in them.
This is normal week to week Rugby League.

They are the modern day gladiators putting their bodies on the line.

For example Cleary and Luai both holding off shoulder surgery to have a shot at the premiership. There would be a lot of low profile players playing with niggling injuries through out the course of the season.

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is normal week to week Rugby League.

They are the modern day gladiators putting their bodies on the line.

For example Cleary and Luai both holding off shoulder surgery to have a shot at the premiership. There would be a lot of low profile players playing with niggling injuries through out the course of the season.
Bloody oaf! I know what it's like to be a modern day gladiator.. been driving a truck for the last 12 hrs with an in grown hair on my ass cheek.. its blokes like us that hold this nation up ;)

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Every side is carrying niggles like this and worse at this point in the season completely normal, that said both Gus and Ciraldo will desperately want a win against the panthers so we will see all kinds of smoke this week.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
I noticed kiks walking with a slight limp after the game. May be just bruising and fatigue?

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Depth and the next man up mentality.

The teams who have it can rest and freshen players and still find a way to win.

Bloody oaf! I know what it's like to be a modern day gladiator.. been driving a truck for the last 12 hrs with an in grown hair on my ass cheek.. its blokes like us that hold this nation up ;)
Exactly brother! It's a different version of it for us people with regular jobs, look at people who work in trades for example some of them will deal with wear and tear on the body and also serious injuries as well. Truck driving is demanding with long hours, fatigue, I've seen some truckies with back issues as well. There is a truckie who does deliveries at my work that does body weight exercises: sit ups, squats, push ups during his shifts to keep in shape.

Rugby League is the most extreme version of this which is why I believe they are the toughest guys and now even girls who do this.

This is also why getting the pre-season right is so important, because even if a player misses a run of games during the season, so long as they have a pre-season under their belt. They have that base fitness required. This is why Foxx has bounced back and not missed a beat despite having games out, from all reports he was training the house down in pre-season.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Kikau looks injured every time after making a tackle .

But before making a tackle he looks like ravaging bull

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heard Cam smith talking this week. He said round 1 everyone is fit. After 2 months no player is fully fit. Everyone has knocks and niggles. The preparation and professionalism of the player shines through in how they play with those niggles. They’ll be fine

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is just Gus & CC perfecting the "ART OF WAR"

"Act Weak When You Are Strong"

The opposite is

"Act Strong When You Are Weak"

It's all about planting the seed in the minds of the opposition.......

SO GET READY FOR AN AMBUSH ON THE PREMIERS

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
This is just Gus & CC perfecting the "ART OF WAR"

"Act Weak When You Are Strong"

The opposite is

"Act Strong When You Are Weak"

It's all about planting the seed in the minds of the opposition.......

SO GET READY FOR AN AMBUSH ON THE PREMIERS
This is pretty much spot on. I don’t want to sound like a flog but I’ll say I have boxed with a lot of pros and have spent a large part of my life around boxing. Made some $ and had a fucking load of fun.

I can safely say my trainer drilled me on 1 thing continually more than anything else. Whenever I got stung I’d smirk. My mouth guard showed lol. Others do the same thing but it’s almost a laugh like good shot or **** and laughing but yeh this is definitely a mentality.

You don’t let them know it hurt you. Laughing or smiling was a view of is that all you got. Till I was trained to not even give the grin. Give nothing. No emotion.

If they see nothing come from you then eventually they go fuck this **** won’t give/cant hurt and they either come with you or they fold.

The mental battle in any sport is honestly so underrated to anyone who has never competed.