IF YOU ARE THE NEW CEO

Status
Not open for further replies.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
In a perfect world we can choose to have the best team money can buy, considering the players we have contracted and the salary cap restrictions,
Realistically What would you do If you are the New CEO ?
Working on what's left of this years 25 players squad to make 30
Who would you keep, sign, 1 player attempt to release
**First I'd sign Michael Hagan as assistant to Pay or Dymock
My Squad.........................................Sign
1 Mbye...........Abbey
2 Morris.B......Kennard
3 Classy center....Lee
4 Hopoate......Holland
5 Montoya......Smith
6 Foran...........Lewis
7 Cronk...........Clealand / Frawley
8 Tolman........Graham
9 Brown.........Woolford
10 Klemmer....Tualau/
11 Jackson......Elliot/To'omaga
12 Morris.J......F-Mariner/Fine
13 Woods........Fualalo/Martin
Release...........Eastwood

Last edited:

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sack des
Chuck on a beer and pizza night play grandfinal victories from the past.sack any **** who doesn't get a lump in the throat or teary eyed when they are holding up the trophy. Get the old boys in explain the history. Focus on rebuilding a tough feared bulldogs sqaud .tell dib to get fucked.
Have full animals on spits available at game day with a very good selection of sauces and dips,

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Sack des
Chuck on a beer and pizza night play grandfinal victories from the past.sack any **** who doesn't get a lump in the throat or teary eyed when they are holding up the trophy. Get the old boys in explain the history. Focus on rebuilding a tough feared bulldogs sqaud .tell dib to get fucked.
Have full animals on spits available at game day with a very good selection of sauces and dips,
Perfect

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Bad thing with any new CEO or coach is they walk in on something their predecessors left.

With a smart operator we can get back on track with astute signings and moving on players. No reason why we can't be top 4 soon. In 08 we finished last and in 09 we were 1 win away from a minor premiership and a grand final. In 11 we missed the finals and 12 we finished first and lost the gf.

All be it we changed our squad significantly in the post season of each failed year.

One thing is for sure Hasler doesn't seem like the coach to get us to the promised land. I'm sure with Robinson, Bennett, Bellamy, Flanagan we make the top 8 this season with our current squad.

It all comes down to playing to your strengths. And when the coach thinks tolman is the best prop in the world and has a book of stats to prove it there is a big problem right there.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not very different to yours

1 Mbye...........Abbey
2 Morris.B......Kennard
3 Morris J
4 Lee/Hopoate......Holland
5 Montoya......Smith
6 Foran...........Lewis
7 Cronk...........Clealand / Frawley
8 Woods........Graham
9 Brown.........Woolford
10 Klemmer....Tualau/
11 Jackson......Elliot/To'omaga
12 F-Mariner.... Fine
13 Tolman.......Fualalo/Martin

Release...........Eastwood

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
New CEO.

Find the figure it will take to sign cronk.

Talk to whoever will pay majority of grahams deal, talk to Graham. Finalise it.

Talk to tolman and am certain a club will take him at his wage seeing he isn't on anything massive for a nrl player and is young enough that a warriors, knights, titans would be keen.

Tell Eastwood he can rot in nsw cup or take up a deal he can find in esl or nrl and find someone prepared to take him at 50%.

Sign Cronk.

If any change left over sign tetevano from roosters as bench impact.

1. Hoppa
2. Bmoz
3. Jmoz
4. Lee
5. Montoya
6. Foran
7. Cronk
8. Klemmer
9. Mbye
10. Woods
11. Jackson
12. Mariner
13. Fualalo

14. Brown
15. Elliott
16. Taulau
17. Tetevano

18. To'omaga

Forward plan for 2019 by using eastwoods half cap we get back and the Morris bros money to throw whatever rts wants and if not willing to leave nz the next best fb around maybe even get in young crotics ear now and offer it to him as he's played jr in 1 and centres

Move Hoppa to replace jmoz for that year and a fullback takes his spot and sign any quick hard running winger maybe Rona might be willing to come back.

Forward plan for 2020 by looking at who to replace Cronk with!

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Cronk? Is this SuperCoach for 2018?

We can't seem to get under the cap as it is, if this is true, we'll have no one left to release to try and get Cronk.

We just need to suck it up in 2018, then Morris x 2, Eastwood, Abbey and Graham are off contract.

Get our shit together from a Cap point-of-view, make some astute acquisitions and develop some young blokes.

I would love Cronk, but don't know how that could ever happen?

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Cronk? Is this SuperCoach for 2018?

We can't seem to get under the cap as it is, if this is true, we'll have no one left to release to try and get Cronk.

We just need to suck it up in 2018, then Morris x 2, Eastwood, Abbey and Graham are off contract.

Get our shit together from a Cap point-of-view, make some astute acquisitions and develop some young blokes.

I would love Cronk, but don't know how that could ever happen?
The only way I can see that being an option is as I said parting with tolman, Graham and Eastwood. That is the best part of 2.3-2.2 mil. Granted eastwoods not going to be taken for anymore then 50% if we are lucky so 1.9-1.8. Graham may cost us 20% at max id believe he would have several clubs keen.

So 1.7-1.6. I think either way it leaves us a mil for Cronk as it's said we are only 500k-600k off now by the media and still nothing said by club.

Only canndream I guess

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's hard to say what the cap situation is,
Basically a clean out is needed as far as players getting paid way overs, could take 2-3 years!
You need to start from the top
1.Make sure everyone within the club is on the same page
2.Bring back the likes of Turvey, baa or a steve price even if it's only to talk to the players, tell what's it means to be a bulldog to wear the jersey with pride!
3. Sign a coach that will not only have that bulldog spirit installed but keep it there! A transparent coach who's not afraid to ask the players what they think or ideas.
4. Keep everything transparent, talk to players, coaching staff, club officials, balls boys!
5. Sign quality player recruitment officers/scouts!, identify young talent
6. Sign players that will get the job done with minimum pay,
( the likes of a matt prior, Nathan brown, kaufusi, Feki! I'm not saying those players, but those players compete with every player in their respected position on minimum coin to allow you to go after a Nathan Cleary! I rkn Eastwood would earn more than those 4 put together for example! But here are some players, dale finucane, Martin taupau, who would of still been cheaper than some current duds! Bad cap management
6. Install toughness into the club again!
7. Bring the fans into equation more, let them feel part of the club once more not outsiders!
8. Let the players talk to you and get a feel for how everything is going with the likes of the coach, gameday, training etc, same goes for coach about players etc
9. Try and have a board that's there for the club and not themselves! People who would fall on there sword if it meant that's what's best for the club including yourself!
10. Player development from juniors right through, talk to them keep updated with how your club is at grassroots level!
11. Most of all identify the right talent, from players to officials, to doctors, to staff! Most important
I know I've repeated some things but it's really not rocket science!

Last edited:

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Remove Dib's photo from CEO's office.
2. Bring Des Hasler into the office and fire him based on his stats (the irony).
3. Bring in James Graham and tell him he can go nuts at anyone he feels, I'll back him up 100%, and I want the James Graham pre-black Friday back!
4. Bring back Steve Mortimer and give him the responsibility and resources he needs to bring our culture back to the club!
5. Hire players from the dogs of war era as part of the coaching staff... This is a non negotiable!

Last edited:

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Our motto..." Proud to be a Bulldog "
Des has been at the club for 6 years !
Is HE ( PROUD TO BE A BULLDOG ) ?
Or just in a highly paid job ?

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
why do people put titles in all caps lock?

Status
Not open for further replies.