If Pearce were available, would you want him at the Dogs ?

Would you like Pearce at the Bulldogs?

• Yes

Votes: 22 32.4%
  • No

Votes: 40 58.8%
  • Ozman

Votes: 6 8.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

OITENTA-E-NOVE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very good club player only.

A change of clubs might be what he needs mentally. The guy has been playing first grade at the roosters since he was 18 or 19.
maybe and auckland is like melbourne where no one cares about league players so he wouldnt have to worry about that. if he does go warriors will prob keep rts keen to stay

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol at people saying no. If pearce were to come to us I would gladly take him. He is better than mbye, brown, cleeland and frawley combined.

He is still one of the better halves going around even if he does struggle in origin. Lets face it, most struggle in origin against a gun qld team
Agree with you.
However he is on $800k a season for the next two seasons.
As it stands now, the club doesn't even have half that available under the salary cap.
Just can't see it.

OITENTA-E-NOVE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree with you.
However he is on $800k a season for the next two seasons.
As it stands now, the club doesn't even have half that available under the salary cap.
Just can't see it.
so just go over it or the easier way around it the cap only stops those foolish enough to believe in it

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Garbage, say what you want about him in origin but the guy is a great player at club level and is miles ahead of most other nsw halves at least. Lead the comp for line break assists this year
Pearce is lengths ahead of Mbye & Frawley. They are absolute rubbish. Frawley kicked well in his first couple of matches & everyone thought he was the answer. Didn’t take long for that theory to be put to bed. Mbye is a nice guy but a very average player.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You have just watched that spastic Reynolds disgrace our jersey for 5 years, you are kidding if Pearce isn't an upgrade

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pearce is lengths ahead of Mbye & Frawley. They are absolute rubbish. Frawley kicked well in his first couple of matches & everyone thought he was the answer. Didn’t take long for that theory to be put to bed. Mbye is a nice guy but a very average player.
Put Pearce, Cronk or even Thurston behind our pack last year with Hasler’s structures & game plan & they too would look ordinary

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Following the roosters must be liking following the Manchester’s of the epl. Unlimited funds that no one can compete with
Difference is a so called salary cap! And obviously don't follow epl to closely coz Chelsea spent more than Man U and Everton 1 mil less!
And teams like Spurs arsenal Liverpool can!
So there's 6-7 teams

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Difference is a so called salary cap! And obviously don't follow epl to closely coz Chelsea spent more than Man U and Everton 1 mil less!
And teams like Spurs arsenal Liverpool can!
So there's 6-7 teams
Yeah but there’s always a few teams who can outspend everyone - which is what I was going to say initially (didn’t realise I submitted lol) which in the the nrl is the roosters / broncos and storm.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah but there’s always a few teams who can outspend everyone - which is what I was going to say initially (didn’t realise I submitted lol) which in the the nrl is the roosters / broncos and storm.
Yup always question marks over their rosters, whatever happen to the salary cap thing with broncos n barba? Andrew gee quit and nothing was ever heard about it again!

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Pearce might need a job next year if they sign Cronk, and likely will sign wherever for 2 years or more. Few clubs have the cap space for cronk or pearce next year. We for example have $0 and are unlikely to shed enough players now the accomodate either player next year.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Following the roosters must be liking following the Manchester’s of the epl. Unlimited funds that no one can compete with
When Man U get Bale I will agree...

TAS

All In
Reaction score
If our club had the funds to consider signing Pearce then there's no excuse to find a little more and sign Cronk instead!

Cronk would easily attract third party deals.

bantam rooster

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
dream on we can't afford him . but I would have in team no worries he is a class half no doubt about it

Status
Not open for further replies.