If Pearce were available, would you want him at the Dogs ?

Would you like Pearce at the Bulldogs?

• Yes

Votes: 22 32.4%
  • No

Votes: 40 58.8%
  • Ozman

Votes: 6 8.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyway they said on NRL 360 last night that the NRL has said the Roosters are 650k under the cap for 2018 so they don't have to release Pearce. 650k after buying James Tedesco lol
Absolute bullshit that .... not you Freakzilla ..... No way that is the case no matter what anyone in the media speculates or otherwise says on behalf of Nick.

Last edited:

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No fucking way
Why would you want the Roosters offcut?
They’d be getting rid of him to improve their team with Cronk, and we take their shit??
No thanks

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Then how come they only won 1 title with SBW and Maloney there? Pearce is shit at Origin but he is a top 5 NRL halfback
I’m not saying SBW and Maloney guarantees a premiership every year.
I’m saying, in that particular gf, Maloney and SBW basically won that game for the roosters and Pearce was virtually invisible. Like every other big game he’s played in.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
To be honest with ya, i want to see how who we have plays under a new coach, before i decide who i would want to get in. I dont want anyone for 2019 yet, and accept who we have now is likely to be it for 2018. So you could throw up any name to me right now to sign, and id be like "meh".

We dont know yet if we will need any particular new (especially big money) player/s beyond 2018, till we see what we are lacking, some time into next season. If we need any that is. What if we kill it next year? You wouldnt sack players to sign other players, if you had a winning team.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyway they said on NRL 360 last night that the NRL has said the Roosters are 650k under the cap for 2018 so they don't have to release Pearce. 650k after buying James Tedesco lol
The other reason I think this is bullshit is didn't Kent say the other day the Roosters were in NRL headquarters asking how they could fit Cronk in under the cap? No team who is 650k under needs to go to the NRL to clarify their cap position.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
The other reason I think this is bullshit is didn't Kent say the other day the Roosters were in NRL headquarters asking how they could fit Cronk in under the cap? No team who is 650k under needs to go to the NRL to clarify their cap position.
Yep, that's what he said. Obviously they were there with their paper bags in-tow.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I’m not saying SBW and Maloney guarantees a premiership every year.
I’m saying, in that particular gf, Maloney and SBW basically won that game for the roosters and Pearce was virtually invisible. Like every other big game he’s played in.
Pearce helped them get to the GF. If he could get us to the GF with Foran and Lichaa winning it for us I'd be fine with that

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
They want to pay Cronk $1 million so apparently they will have to release a player on 350K to sign Cronk.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
if by chance Cronk does end up at the Roosters which I still doubt will happen, how many of you Bulldog fans would like Mitchell Pearce wearing the number 7 at Canterbury?
A Foran/Pearce halves combination would be outstanding in my opinion.
I reckon the responses will be 50/50
Foran & Pearce played at school in the same side Marist North Shore-& remain good friends.
Pearce will be playing with the NZ Warriors.
Cronk has agreed to terms with the Roosters:-deal was done a fortnight ago .

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Lol at people saying no. If pearce were to come to us I would gladly take him. He is better than mbye, brown, cleeland and frawley combined.

He is still one of the better halves going around even if he does struggle in origin. Lets face it, most struggle in origin against a gun qld team

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't like Pearce at all. But you can't deny that he's talented. My only real concern is that he tends to choke in the big games.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Nah, no thank you.

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol at people saying no. If pearce were to come to us I would gladly take him. He is better than mbye, brown, cleeland and frawley combined.

He is still one of the better halves going around even if he does struggle in origin. Lets face it, most struggle in origin against a gun qld team
Very good club player only.

A change of clubs might be what he needs mentally. The guy has been playing first grade at the roosters since he was 18 or 19.

Status
Not open for further replies.