1. Be cool and Register to set your username and display picture get the full features of the site. Talk Bulldogs NRL News, match reviews, live score, ladder, injuries, player signings and team performance.

Daily Telegraph Hush hush - Josh Cleeland

Discussion in 'Rumours' started by beastwood89, Oct 9, 2017.

1. Bulldogs09

Bulldogs09 Immortal

No chooks went shit (again not the first time) when no one decent was there to help Pearce. Every time they have can’t be denied (carney,Maloney,keary)

Mbye was the worst player on the field in the all star game or whatever game he made early. Nothing to do with des.

I’m with you I really hope he shows des had a lot to do with it, though I don’t think so.

Again that’s for 2018 on. Though at this stage keary has been the far better player and besides defence and speed I’m yet to see any other attribute close. Passing, kicking, vision, running all done better some substantially.

2. Bulldogs09

Bulldogs09 Immortal

I have no clue? I’m just realistic. No doubt he has certain skills like great speed, solid food work and even a running game that would be above average if he used it more.

Though vision, kicking, passing is not one. You could argue his passing game is poor to average. His kicking game is woeful and his vision is no better he either runs to the line with no intent on passing or passes with no intent on running.

Des may have ruined his confidence though at this stage this is fact. Hopefully he turns it around cause he’s paid premium money and not worth half on what he’s offered.

I’m not a Mbye hater I wanted him kept above hodko etc. its hard to believe that so many “experts” in qld camp etc got it so wrong. Hopefully with Foran able to play a more controlling partner and dominate playmaker Mbye if in the 6 can play off the cuff and assert himself as a running 5/8. If Lichaa can do what he has no reason to say Mbye can’t though the difference is Lichaa has shown something and Mbye hasn’t. Did Mbye ever have 3 mom games back to back or whatever it was Lichaa got? Hell I can’t even think of 3 mom games for Mbye. Another point is Lichaa would be on less then half Mbye pay.

I wouldn’t mind seeing Mbye get a shot at 1 either cause he might amaze us there. Interested to see what comes from both the coaching change and the players mentality that’s for sure.

3. M4cca

M4cca Forum Regular

I agree about his vision and kicking but i actually don't think he has a bad passing game from a technical standpoint which we saw when he moved into hooker

4. doggieaaron

doggieaaron Immortal

I think with aaron woods and his offloads josh with his speed could really kill it if he supports woods

5. Bulldogs09

Bulldogs09 Immortal

His service from dummy half wasn’t bad. I mean he doesn’t seem to have the ability for long passing cut out passes etc

6. Oatley Dog

Oatley Dog Kennel Enthusiast

If you just base it on what he has done under Des then you have a good argument, but if he is playing to orders then we really don't know what he is capable of. I saw him in an u20s SOO in Melbourne (I think) and he looked like he had all the skills. He has been under Des ever since he came into FG and has been playing to instructions. If Pay changes those instructions I think you will see potentially a superstar. For mine blokes like JT know what a good footy player looks like and he has tagged this bloke as being one of them.

7. vegny

vegny Forum Regular

Mate i have to disagree. He has set up some decent tries for his wingers.

8. M4cca

M4cca Forum Regular

I remember when he first came into first grade he was throwing some really good long balls and specifically remember one he threw early in the year against the warriors to set up a try which was awesome. The technical skills are there but most players seemed like they didn't have a clue the last few years

9. Bulldogs09

Bulldogs09 Immortal

Entitled to disagree mate. Though will soon see. If he lifts it was des if he doesn’t he’s one of the most over hyped kids we have had.

The fact is he’s been on huge coin now for a season and been 1 of the worst halves in the game. Let’s hope des is the reason. I’m not so convinced.

Sadly a lot of people struggle to make the step up.