How the Canterbury Bulldogs threw their salary cap into disarray with reckless spending

Status
Not open for further replies.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bullcrap article. Those figures are made up.
More than likley, but there seems to be half truths about.
What concerns me , we are already possibly over the cap with our current sqaud and are sitting on 14th. I don't think the biggest issue is to get back under the cap , i think the biggest issue is why are pushing the cap limits with our current sqaud. Dib can push all he wants for a cap rise but why the fuck are we even in this position with a bunch of plodders.
There is absolutely no reason why des couldn't of been sacked at the start of the season and we had a clean out then , the longer this shit goes on the longer and harder it is going to be for a rebuild

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Holland $150 seriously????
If we signed Foran for $900 then our board should have there contracts ripped up. What a fucking joke if this is true
Holland $150K but Fualalo is on $100K......guess who was dudded!

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Warriors must operate to a 12m cap

They are going after Graham and Maloney

All but signed Adam Blair
Chuck in Tohu Harris
Couple cheap buys in Titans Pulu and ex Sharks Cherrington

They only had Foran for unders 120k

Re signed SJ for 1.2m per season

RTS Kata Mannering Luke Fusitua Et al

Or they just have a smart CEO

No wonder Raelene fell on her sword she's fkd up

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Strict governance with the salary cap. Useless *****

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
so how the fuck is warrior, roosters and broncos under the cap and we are not?
Because we didn't assume the cap was 10 million & go on a spending spree. (paying overs for every player)

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Because we didn't assume the cap was 10 million & go on a spending spree. (paying overs for every player)

do i need to compare the roster of the other three club i mentioned with ours?

khan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What concerns me , we are already possibly over the cap with our current sqaud and are sitting on 14th. I don't think the biggest issue is to get back under the cap , i think the biggest issue is why are pushing the cap limits with our current sqaud. Dib can push all he wants for a cap rise but why the fuck are we even in this position with a bunch of plodders.
There is absolutely no reason why des couldn't of been sacked at the start of the season and we had a clean out then , the longer this shit goes on the longer and harder it is going to be for a rebuild
It a part of his filthy manipulation stratergy, put players on good coin and long secure contracts with the "coach's" blessings/manipulation > players adore him> but hey $$ isn't always the answer look at yous now..

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Warriors must operate to a 12m cap

They are going after Graham and Maloney

All but signed Adam Blair
Chuck in Tohu Harris
Couple cheap buys in Titans Pulu and ex Sharks Cherrington

They only had Foran for unders 120k

Re signed SJ for 1.2m per season

RTS Kata Mannering Luke Fusitua Et al

Or they just have a smart CEO

No wonder Raelene fell on her sword she's fkd up
Gotta love the exchange rate champ!

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Since the club never comments these days i wonder if theres any truth to this or the media being butthurt and making shit up

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Yeh nah just out bid sharks for Bird and they were throwing the best part of a mil. Oh yeah and upgraded half your already international/ state of origin team. Lost benji, Herman and moga on minimal contracts though. Should free up at least 4 mil.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Certainly Grant who is chair of the ARLC not the NRL buggered things up for everyone, but it is important to distinguish that the Cap is just an arbitrary figure that player salaries have to be less than on any given year. The NRL grant is an actual dollar amount that is transferred to the clubs. Overall clubs receive $20-$35m a year from various sources to run operations. Up to $13m of it next year will come from the NRL. That's why the clubs are fighting so hard. If they get the cap up to $10m it adds another million to their coffers through the grant.
We fucked either way.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Foran 1 mill & Hoppa 500K are way overs..

No other team would pay that , not even the knights

The only part that gives us hope is that its the Tele and they are pretty loose with what they claim to be the Truth
And whats in common? MANLY! Des is using and destroying our club to give all his Manly fuk buddies retirement packages. He will bleed us dry and him and his mates will be laughing literally all the way to the bank.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yeh nah just out bid sharks for Bird and they were throwing the best part of a mil. Oh yeah and upgraded half your already international/ state of origin team. Lost benji, Herman and moga on minimal contracts though. Should free up at least 4 mil.
At least we don't have Eastwood on about 700,000. (FMD)

Your club are re-signing nuffies.

Broncos are signing nuffies & they become internationals.

Bulldogs nuffies, stay nuffies.

Also Bird is not on the money the media are saying. (no not more)

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Des has raped us for the last 5 years and dib has sat back and watched him ruin this great club. You fuk turd Dib!! You have sealed your fate. How the hell was Hasler allowed to re-sign Eastwood for 700k? That's just insane. And woods for 700k for the next 4 years, Hopoate for 500k? And then Graham getting paid near a mill when he is on his last legs? What the fuk is happening? Where is dib to deny these rumours? Hiding like a cat! I just can't contemplate the mess we are in. This morning on 2KY sports breakfast Jimmy Smith called for Hasler to be sacked because he has lost the playing group. Dean Ritchie said how can Hasler be sacked with his impeccable coaching record and then he went onto say that its not Hasler's fault as he doesn't have the halves to take control of the team. Then Jimmy Smith responds by saying he has had 5 years to recruit the halves he wants. Dean Ritchie couldn't respond to that. Hasler has made pathetic recruitment decisions and he has got the team in this mess. And he has failed to adapt his coaching strategies. 1.5 million a year to have us playing like under 7s. Giving Hasler full control of decision making was the worst decision Dib has made. Now he has to pay for his errors. Fuk off Hasler. And fuk of Dib!!

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
If there was no actual salary cap set at the time they could challenge it, you've gotta appeal everything these days.

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Newcastle all over again difference was it wasn't Bennett that was controlling recruitment tinkled was paying overs for juniors that had left the club

Wooden spoon will come this year or next or both

Status
Not open for further replies.