1. Be cool and Register to set your username and display picture get the full features of the site. Talk Bulldogs NRL News, match reviews, live score, ladder, injuries, player signings and team performance.

News Halfback Moses Mbye discusses his positional future at the Bulldogs.

Discussion in 'Bulldogs Discussion' started by beastwood89, Mar 20, 2017 at 8:31 AM.

1. beastwood89

beastwood89 Forum Regular

MBYE WILL PLAY ANY ROLE

He’s wearing the No.7 for Canterbury but Moses Mbye says he’s not married to the idea of playing his career out in the halves.

A utility player who is also at home at centre, five-eighth or hooker, Mbye said he’s willing to play any role the team wants him

Dogs breathing new life
    I consider myself a footballer,” Mbye told

“I consider myself as having a good football brain and able to play a few different positions.

“At the moment I’m required in the halves and where I’ll apply myself the best I can. I think I can lead our team around in the halves.”

2. Wahesh

Wahesh The Forefather of The Kennel

I hate to burst your bubble, Moses, but you're opinion is that of a minority.

• Like Like x 6
    • Funny Funny x 2
  3. doggieaaron

doggieaaron Immortal

This shows he's at least been thinking that maybe he's not cut out in the halves unless its contract negotiations time

• Like Like x 2
  4. AlphaPapaBravo

AlphaPapaBravo Previously Barnzy

I think he's trying to tell us all he doesn't want to be halfback

• Like Like x 11
  5. Bulldogs09

Bulldogs09 Immortal

He isn't a half not in first grade anyway. Maybe hooker or left right out

• Like Like x 2
  6. COVENS

COVENS Moderator Staff Member Gilded

Nar mate, imagine Mbye outside Pearce or Cronk. He's obviously not a primary playmaker or "game manager."

Put him at hooker and we have another 2-4 years of development while he bulks up, improves fitness and again, becomes able to make 40 tackles in the ruck.

• Like Like x 2
  7. FaceBreaker

FaceBreaker Immortal

Just stfu and enjoy your free ride Mbye.

You should name your next born JT, as he's the reason you got your fat contract despite you being so shit.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Mitch Connor

Mitch Connor Super Moderator Staff Member

At the moment I'm required in the halves..

Yeah that's what we want our 800k halfback to be saying

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Moedogg

Moedogg Kennel Addict

Im yet too see Mbye play the game of his life or play in a game where he has absolutely killed it. Even good old Benny Roberts had one....lol

• Like Like x 5
  10. COVENS

COVENS Moderator Staff Member Gilded

He's 23 haha

11. D.O.W.

D.O.W. Forum Regular

Mybe is a good athlete and natural footballer, no doubt about it, but not sure he has developed the vision as yet to boasting a "football brain".

We're probably not getting the best out of him for $750k a year, however, he can be a 750K per year player if used in the right way and with the right support cast behind him.

Put him outside of Cronk or Thurston and he would be a genuine superstar in my opinion. He's a ball runner, and that should be his primary focus.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Gotenks

Gotenks Immortal

Na, they only want to imagine Reynolds outside a halfback. More tries, more try assists and double the line break assists as Reynolds last season yet they still run with his "not a half" or whatever else they come up with lol.

I think he could easily play well at hooker and i doubt the transition would take that many years..but id rather him in the 6 alongside a decent halfback like he should of been from day 1.

• Like Like x 3
  13. _G-Dog_

_G-Dog_ Immortal

Someone that wants to be a halfback of an NRL team does not say what Mbye said..

• Like Like x 2
  14. maybembye

maybembye Kennel Enthusiast

with a traditional both mbye and reynolds would be far better players. but a 6 still has to organise one side of the ruck, he cant do this. he lacks any vision to a 6.
    he is a runner, as per his try on the weekend, he didnt have to think he just ran the football.
    he has to move to centre or at worst hooker.
    the problem we have is that we have no halves in reserve grade putting any pressure on either player.

15. TalDog

TalDog Forum Regular

Wallace transitioned easy enough

• Like Like x 1
  16. Dogna88

Dogna88 Kennel Enthusiast

It makes me think he has been told he will be playing in another position next year..... why else would you say something like that and bring a doubt around your position. Id be happy for him to play inside a decent half OR hooker (which i think would be his best position)... but centre for 650k a year is way too overpriced (correct price according to a good source).

• Like Like x 1
  17. Gotenks

Gotenks Immortal

Well he originally said he wanted the 6 jersey.

“My long-term goal is to be a starting five-eighth at this club. That’s the goal,’’ Mbye said.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...t/news-story/208154a7813d5d17a605ce5b661d2dd6

• Like Like x 1
  18. Dogna88

Dogna88 Kennel Enthusiast

There you go...

Who knows what is happening at the club tbh.

We need an established half thats for sure. Either put that half with Reynolds and mbye to hooker. Or move Reynolds on and continue with mbye in halves with lichaa at hooker

If mbye was on around 400k. Id be happy with him in the centres, but on the coin he is on, has to be in the spine.

19. BJD

BJD Go the dogs

The 800k utility

20. _G-Dog_

_G-Dog_ Immortal

He needs to get out of halfback asap.. through a good pass on the weekend.but still.need alot more from our halfback