Official Gus on Twitter

Trinfly

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
wait has 100% footy always been 7.30 on 9now? Always thought it was 10pm lol said to myself “why the hell are channel nine airing it so late lol”
To encourage you watch Mafs or the Lego show I have not seen it advertised at the 730 timeslot. Im glad i viewed this thread.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Who is the better player at a particular age matters little in the scheme of things ....

At this point in time Woods is an excellent attacking player with genuine pace but with MILES of work to do in defense ...... To be frank he was pathetic defensively in the GF on Saturday .... absolutely clueless on how to go about making a head-on tackle .... he was targeted and had NO reply.

O'Neill was and is a far superior defender with a much more solid all-round game .... Has looked better than Sexton in reserves.

IT's a classic case of low floor, high ceiling (Woods) .... high floor, lower ceiling (O'Neill) .... that much is very obvious already.

Woods is getting all the wraps (awards) at the moment, but he wasn't the best player i saw in SG Ball this season .... He is a little overhyped in my view.

Not writing him off in any way as he is young and still eligible to play SG Ball next season .... i had hopes he would move up to Flegg this season but i fear he is not physically ready.

I had Woods rated higher than O'Neill 12 months ago but that has flipped.

Will be very interesting to watch their careers unfold.
I think the importance of being ready physically for the next level(s) is understated - cant really tell just watching a game here n there - rates of physical growth, amount of training undertaken n needed - im not sure souths did the right thing with Munro going from Sgball to Fg in the one year - two shoulder issues already! Players might have the skill, speed n temperament but the consequences of not being ready physically can be extremely damaging.

Oneill has always been willing to run and take the line on which had become increasingly rare in over th elast decade or so - halves had become passers kickers n directors.

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the importance of being ready physically for the next level(s) is understated - cant really tell just watching a game here n there - rates of physical growth, amount of training undertaken n needed - im not sure souths did the right thing with Munro going from Sgball to Fg in the one year - two shoulder issues already! Players might have the skill, speed n temperament but the consequences of not being ready physically can be extremely damaging.

Oneill has always been willing to run and take the line on which had become increasingly rare in over th elast decade or so - halves had become passers kickers n directors.
Agree 100%

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Conti will be another Rajab imo. Bloke is incredibly small and unless he has a growth spirt I might change my mind. Obviously talented players but physically let down

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
sorry to say, don’t want him playing for us again.
Full year in NSW cup was always needed regardless of form. Hopefully they take this approach with him in 25' and see what he's got for 26' in FG

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Full year in NSW cup was always needed regardless of form. Hopefully they take this approach with him in 25' and see what he's got for 26' in FG
Agree 100% mate, needs games under his belt and work towards big minutes in NSW cup. He shouldn’t see FG again for 12-18mths which is best for his development physically and mentally.

SunnycoastDog

Waterboy
Reaction score
It was never going to be a quick fix. Tbh I’m surprised how quickly it’s changed through all grades. Our juniors are performing better than Parra’s and Riffs and even now flowing through into our NSW cup squad. Club has definitely turned a corner and everyone should be excited for the next couple of years of fine tuning and integration of our pups.

Up the Dogs.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What happened to the #sackgus movement?
There was a sack Gus movement? Would want to sack him to if I were an outsider which certain pricks clearly are seeing the juggernaut his building. Gus must have 30 hours in his work day what his done with the juniors in the period his been here is fucken insane. Only he could’ve re built this club in the rugby league scene IMO.