Gay marriage plebiscite - Result YES to SSM

Should the law be changed to allow same-sex couples to marry?

• Yes

• No

• Not Voting

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm guessing you didn't read the articles through. The second article states that there's an increase in the number of females have same-sex experiences. The first article states that there isn't an increase in the number of same-sex experiences, there's just more women reporting it.

The two articles are diametrically opposed with one article supporting your belief while the other article explains that there opposite is true due to a misunderstanding of statistics.
Both articles make assumptions but if you want the truth just talk to 'straight ' women.

Most won't be opposed to the idea because sexuality can be influenced by your surroundings. Like one of the articles says
"Guys like it and girls do it get attention."

I'm not saying some gays and lesbians arent born that way, I'm saying sexuality can be influenced and determined by your surroundings as well.

The obvious reason for having 2 genders of a species is to procreate and this should be respected. I think children inherently know this but there is still potential to divert their normal sexual development by giving them choice through seeing gay marriage.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
what fucking *****.
Such evil fucked up people.
That poor beautiful boy damaged beyond belief.

I understand why it's important to change the bigots perception on homosexuality. I really do but not all No voters are bigots.

Even if Ssm is approved it won't stop gay people from being attacked.
This is what Safe Schools is for Wolfy.

It's not to get kids to convert, but to make straight kids understand that LGBT are normal, are born that way, are no different to them, so this attitude towards them, of being "sinful", "Disgusting", "abnormal", "an abomination", etc etc is stopped.

I know deep down in your heart you don't see yourself as a bigot, but some of the views you display are bigotry. I'm NOT saying you are a bad person, I understand that you are fearful for your kid's future. But to break it down for you, from what I can gather:-

• You were brought up with the notion that homosexuality was bad (in some way, shape or form)
  • And that has shaped your opinions on this matter
  • You now fear your kids may slide down that "bad" slide of homosexuality due to exterior pressures/influence
As I said you're NOT bad person, your mind has been shaped to view that as "bad". I accept this as part of me as well (I said so a few pages ago), so yes I have a lingering bigoted view as well. (Yes I am saying I'm a bigot)

I will get there, I'm confident, to erase that bigotry from my mind, but the first step, IMO, is to recognize that these people are born that way and the only solution is to accept and support them.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Only a few weeks away from the big Yes has won announcement!

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This is what Safe Schools is for Wolfy.

It's not to get kids to convert, but to make straight kids understand that LGBT are normal, are born that way, are no different to them, so this attitude towards them, of being "sinful", "Disgusting", "abnormal", "an abomination", etc etc is stopped.

I know deep down in your heart you don't see yourself as a bigot, but some of the views you display are bigotry. I'm NOT saying you are a bad person, I understand that you are fearful for your kid's future. But to break it down for you, from what I can gather:-

• You were brought up with the notion that homosexuality was bad (in some way, shape or form)
  • And that has shaped your opinions on this matter
  • You now fear your kids may slide down that "bad" slide of homosexuality due to exterior pressures/influence
As I said you're NOT bad person, your mind has been shaped to view that as "bad". I accept this as part of me as well (I said so a few pages ago), so yes I have a lingering bigoted view as well. (Yes I am saying I'm a bigot)

I will get there, I'm confident, to erase that bigotry from my mind, but the first step, IMO, is to recognize that these people are born that way and the only solution is to accept and support them.
Glad you can see I'm not harping on about this from a bigots point of view .... Or are you saying I'm still a bigot but it's understandable because I was raised that way?? Lol

Y'know .. I'm not a sheep, I'm a rebel. I challenge the norm and I challenge the people who challenge the norm and most of the time the norm is right lol.

One thing that is not negotiable imo is to push political views onto children.

And gay marriage is political .

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Glad you can see I'm not harping on about this from a bigots point of view .... Or are you saying I'm still a bigot but it's understandable because I was raised that way?? Lol

Y'know .. I'm not a sheep, I'm a rebel. I challenge the norm and I challenge the people who challenge the norm and most of the time the norm is right lol.

And gay marriage is political .
I'm saying you are a bigot on this topic (because of influences growing up), but the thing is all of us are bigots in some way shape or form, bigotry is taught, and since the world isn't perfect, we're all taught a form of prejudice which we accept as norms.

What to take from this is I guess to recognize bigotry and try to re-evaluate our own positions.

I don't think this is pushing a political view onto the children, this is simply teaching children to be open-minded, and NOT be political.

Last edited:

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
So what you're saying is that we should allow same sex marriage in countries that don't have low population issues (Australia, America, China, India, etc) and ban same sex marriage in countries that do have population issues?
I have no idea what you are talking about.

If you are inferring that I think marriage / SSM is somehow a policy for population control, then you are wrong.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
I know it's not. I know you've inferred that it's a worldwide definition. But now I'm asking you to provide me a detailed definition that's accepted worldwide and 5 living examples of that strict definition
Marriage between a man and a woman is far and away the most frequent method by which man and woman come together and create a family. A big part of this is the fact that more than 35% of everyone on earth lives in China and India. I invite you to go and check out how 'progressive' and 'politically correct' these two countries are. You'll soon find out they aren't.

I agree, marriage between a man and a woman is not the ONLY social or relationship model for having kids, but anyone with a basic grasp of demographics and the world is able to understand that traditional marriage is still the most common form.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Marriage between a man and a woman is far and away the most frequent method by which man and woman come together and create a family. A big part of this is the fact that more than 35% of everyone on earth lives in China and India. I invite you to go and check out how 'progressive' and 'politically correct' these two countries are. You'll soon find out they aren't.

I agree, marriage between a man and a woman is not the ONLY social or relationship model for having kids, but anyone with a basic grasp of demographics and the world is able to understand that traditional marriage is still the most common form.
1. So then if I have a one night stand and the chick gets pregnant, it means we're married. As I said Britt ambiguous!!!!!!

2. You admit that China and India aren't as progressive and "politically correct" as our selves, but then go on to use them as justification for Australia's definition of marriage. Hence, I guess we should also lower our societies morals and ethics to match those of China and India. This is why Hacky mentioned Saudi Arabia in relation to yourself.

Labels labels labels.
It must suck when you're ridiculous enough to not notice that I went into somewhat detail of bigotry to explain that everyone is bigoted in some way shape or form, even INCLUDING MYSELF into that category.

But you're a victim and rest assured I wouldn't just use the term bigot towards yourself, there's a fair few other choice words I'd use.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
1. So then if I have a one night stand and the chick gets pregnant, it means we're married. As I said Britt ambiguous!!!!!!

2. You admit that China and India aren't as progressive and "politically correct" as our selves, but then go on to use them as justification for Australia's definition of marriage. Hence, I guess we should also lower our societies morals and ethics to match those of China and India. This is why Hacky mentioned Saudi Arabia in relation to yourself.

It must suck when you're ridiculous enough to not notice that I went into somewhat detail of bigotry to explain that everyone is bigoted in some way shape or form, even INCLUDING MYSELF into that category.

But you're a victim and rest assured I wouldn't just use the term bigot towards yourself, there's a fair few other choice words I'd use.
Have you lost your mind? Since when does banging a broad and getting her pregnant mean that you're married.

China and India aren't justification for our own definition of marriage, I've never said that. We are debating whether or not traditional marriage is common and whether it is the most common form of marriage in the world.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Have you lost your mind? Since when does banging a broad and getting her pregnant mean that you're married.
Marriage is about pro-creation, right? I'll come back to this as it follows on with the next point

China and India aren't justification for our own definition of marriage, I've never said that. We are debating whether or not traditional marriage is common and whether it is the most common form of marriage in the world.
And using this point going continuing on from where I left off, some cultures and large portion of the world's population consider that if you get a chick pregnant you have to go through the marriage ceremony.

So what is Britt?

It's all ambiguous the stuff you're raising. You CLEARLY can't give me a detailed definition of marriage that "traditional marriage" (whatever that is) is the most common and utilized around the world.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Marriage is about pro-creation, right? I'll come back to this as it follows on with the next point

And using this point going continuing on from where I left off, some cultures and large portion of the world's population consider that if you get a chick pregnant you have to go through the marriage ceremony.

So what is Britt?

It's all ambiguous the stuff you're raising. You CLEARLY can't give me a detailed definition of marriage that "traditional marriage" (whatever that is) is the most common and utilized around the world.
1. Marriage is not exclusively about having children, however this is the primary reason yes.
2. Yes some cultures consider it essential to be married before you have kids.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

And gay marriage is political

Children can't vote though so...

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I have no idea what you are talking about.

If you are inferring that I think marriage / SSM is somehow a policy for population control, then you are wrong.
You said that we procreation is required for the human race to survive, but we're not suffering from a low population so that point is pointless in debate of gay marriage.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

And both countries suffer from over population issues.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
And both countries suffer from over population issues.
I agree with you, but I'm not sure what you're trying to say by introducing population and marriage into the same discussion. It certainly wasn't and isn't my intention to link the two.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
You said that we procreation is required for the human race to survive, but we're not suffering from a low population so that point is pointless in debate of gay marriage.
No it's not.

The only reason marriage exists is because it recognised the fundamental and biological reality that only a man and a woman can have a child.

Gay people seem to think marriage exists to help people feel part of society.

Status
Not open for further replies.