Gay marriage plebiscite - Result YES to SSM

Should the law be changed to allow same-sex couples to marry?

• Yes

• No

• Not Voting

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
they are already allowed to live as a couple and have a relationship

why stop them going all the way, let them get married by a gay priest or gay imam in a gay church / gay mosque.
It's hard to believe such people exist given they preach AGAINST this type of thing.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
gaytimes have got nothing to do with homosexuality ffs, i think the gay part references being happy

im heterosexual and i have love gaytime
You love a gaytime do you? That doesn't surprise me!

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No, it's not worth it. $122,000,000 that could go towards hospitals, schools, roads, defense, ANYTHING ELSE BUT **** FFS.

I'm sick of them. They are destroying the world.
I was about to mention the fact that the town I live in has been waiting 12 years to get a 5 million hospital expansion. Yet because the liberal government don't want to upset any portion of their voters they'll waste 24 potential good works of this magnitude and next week they'll spew forth their rhetoric about being wise managers of the economy. Lets spend a shitload of taxpayer dollars to decide if we should conduct a free vote.

From a religious point of view it seems wrong to me that some churches deny anyone the right to ask god to recognise peoples love or commitment to one another given that they're not ostracizing divorcees. If the terms 'til death do us part' aren't valid reasons to ostracise people with no commitment to a promise they made before god, its hypocritical to deny other people to ask god to bless them.

I have no issue with same sex marriage. I'm probably not alone in thinking that the importance and sanctity of marriage is somewhat farcical these days anyway. Sometimes people who have very strong faith seem to forget that the bible ro my understanding seems to indicate that it's gods place to stand in judgement, not small minded people who take offense about this for whatever reason.

Last edited:

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Just let them get married FFS. Sick to death of hearing how religious people are offended by it. Marriage lost its true value years and years ago. It's just a joke now with a less than 50% success rate.

Would you cross a road with a 50% chance of dying? I wish the gays the best of luck.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

why stop them going all the way, let them get married by a gay priest or gay imam in a gay church / gay mosque.
Allowed?

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just let them get married FFS. Sick to death of hearing how religious people are offended by it. Marriage lost its true value years and years ago. It's just a joke now with a less than 50% success rate.

Would you cross a road with a 50% chance of dying? I wish the gays the best of luck.
Lollll you're sick to death of religious people offended? I think you got it the other way around where gays and pc species are offended and feel oppressed they're not able to get married. And cry and sook and force it down everyone's throats so much so it's made government lol. It's a complete joke.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

The Catholic Church fucked up by not doing sound background checks on if the priest to be was a poofta or not. Gay catholic priests have no right to be priests. Disgusting gay child molestors. Everyone likes to ignore the fact the priests are gay who comit those disgusting acts. No straight priest will touch a fkn little boy.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Well done zee

You surprise me

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Well done zee

You surprise me
this will burst your surprise bubble. lol

I never said i am for gay relation ship or marriage. When the Australian system allowed gays to live together , sleep together, form a relationship together, have a mardi gra and all, then why not let them get married.

Its as stupid as People have multiple relationships outside marriages but Australian law wont accept polygamy, but there is no law to stop you from having multiple partners and have kids with those partners outside marriage.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
this will burst your surprise bubble. lol

I never said i am for gay relation ship or marriage. When the Australian system allowed gays to live together , sleep together, form a relationship together, have a mardi gra and all, then why not let them get married.

Its as stupid as People have multiple relationships outside marriages but Australian law wont accept polygamy, but there is no law to stop you from having multiple partners and have kids with those partners outside marriage.
I understand that, but at least you're saying live and let live. While others who disagree with SSM, PURELY ON RELIGIOUS GROUNDS, can't find it in themselves to say "it's none of my business".

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If they go on a honeymoon, they might want to check which country first

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I understand that, but at least you're saying live and let live. While others who disagree with SSM, PURELY ON RELIGIOUS GROUNDS, can't find it in themselves to say "it's none of my business".

well it will be hypocritical of me if i say that

cos the system which allows gays to have a relationship in this country the same system allows me to practice my religion.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
well it will be hypocritical of me if i say that

cos the system which allows gays to have a relationship in this country the same system allows me to practice my religion.
A lot of people are hypocrites though. Good on you for not being one of them!

Status
Not open for further replies.