Gay marriage plebiscite - Result YES to SSM

Should the law be changed to allow same-sex couples to marry?

• Yes

• No

• Not Voting

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well outside I'll be 37 but my engine will be 19 on Jan 12th lol
37? You're still a young dad broooooo how the fuck were you even considering not bothering to fight anymore!
Lollll bless that kid bro you gonna chuck a mini birthday for the engine?

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
37? You're still a young dad broooooo how the fuck were you even considering not bothering to fight anymore!
Lollll bless that kid bro you gonna chuck a mini birthday for the engine?
Of course brother. I used to hate birthdays until I got sick. Every b'day is another year of fighting and giving the finger to death.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Was listening to 96.1 and some dumb **** females were like I'm leaving my partner if they don't agree with me on ssm and vote yes.
Do these retarded leftists not see the irony with their so called tolerance and acceptance of different beliefs and opinions? Lolll

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Read this one very entertaining
Marching powder
This is the story of Thomas McFadden, a small-time English drug smuggler who was arrested in Bolivia and thrown inside the notorious San Pedro prison. He found himself in a bizarre world, the prison reflecting all that is wrong with South American society. Prisoners have to pay an entrance fee and buy their own cells (the alternative is to sleep outside and die of exposure), prisoners' wives and children often live inside too, high-quality cocaine is manufactured and sold from the prison, and all the police from the governor downwards can be bribed. Under the surface is a frightening level of violence - Thomas's life was often in danger and one of his friends was murdered by the police when he threatened to expose the corruption in the prison.
I haven't read marching powder, I've meant to read itbut haven't stumbled across a cheap copy. But 'damage done' is another good autobiographical book about a drug smuggler who served 13 years in a Thai prison. Well worth a read.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I haven't read marching powder, I've meant to read itbut haven't stumbled across a cheap copy. But 'damage done' is another good autobiographical book about a drug smuggler who served 13 years in a Thai prison. Well worth a read.
Good book. I met his wife at a party shortly after the book was released. She told me some of the stories and after hearing them I had to read the book.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Did anyone catch Bob Katter's whinge fest in the Australian? He accused gay people of "stealing" the word gay and now says they are trying to steal marriage. Why is this sort of idiocy classified as legitimate debate in this country?

1) Gay people didn't actually appropriate the word gay themselves.....society started applying it to same sex attracted people as a way of implying they were morally carefree and uninhibited. As I understand it, the first people to refer to same sex attracted people as gay were critics of homosexual lifestyles. The gay community willingly adopted the term much later because of the optimistic connotations of the original definition of the word.

2) I have not seen or heard of any gay people campaigning to ban heterosexual marriages. There is no attempt to steal marriage at play here, only a bid to share it.

3) Where is his protest about the changing definition of words like faggot and poof and queer (once just meant peculiar) which have been misappropriated and redefined by intolerant people for the sole purpose of slandering people in same sex relationships? It's offensive to him that a word has been redefined to give gay LGTBI people a little pride back, but not offensive to him that numerous words have been redefined as a way of expressing derision for their lifestyles?

Opponents of same sex marriage have said all along it's insulting to them for advocates of ssm to imply a debate on this issue would not be civil.....so can an opponent of ssm please tell me where is the civility in this debate so far? Civility my arse. This is just a desperate attempt by conservatives to vilify in a pathetic and self centred bid to halt inevitable progress.....and it's also a shameful waste of money from a government that has well and truly smashed through the glass floor of deficit and debt it inherited.

Regressive thinkers like Katter are underprivileged in the brain department.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Did anyone catch Bob Katter's whinge fest in the Australian? He accused gay people of "stealing" the word gay and now says they are trying to steal marriage. Why is this sort of idiocy classified as legitimate debate in this country?

1) Gay people didn't actually appropriate the word gay themselves.....society started applying it to same sex attracted people as a way of implying they were morally carefree and uninhibited. As I understand it, the first people to refer to same sex attracted people as gay were critics of homosexual lifestyles. The gay community willingly adopted the term much later because of the optimistic connotations of the original definition of the word.

2) I have not seen or heard of any gay people campaigning to ban heterosexual marriages. There is no attempt to steal marriage at play here, only a bid to share it.

3) Where is his protest about the changing definition of words like faggot and poof and queer (once just meant peculiar) which have been misappropriated and redefined by intolerant people for the sole purpose of slandering people in same sex relationships? It's offensive to him that a word has been redefined to give gay LGTBI people a little pride back, but not offensive to him that numerous words have been redefined as a way of expressing derision for their lifestyles?

Opponents of same sex marriage have said all along it's insulting to them for advocates of ssm to imply a debate on this issue would not be civil.....so can an opponent of ssm please tell me where is the civility in this debate so far? Civility my arse. This is just a desperate attempt by conservatives to vilify in a pathetic and self centred bid to halt inevitable progress.....and it's also a shameful waste of money from a government that has well and truly smashed through the glass floor of deficit and debt it inherited.

You have to appreciate this is Queensland. We also have Peter Dutton, Pauline Hanson and that guy who looks like Peter Griffin.

He once said he would walk backwards from Bourke if there were any homosexual persons in his electorate.

Funny enough, like Tony Abott's sister, Bob has a rainbow sheep in his family in the form of his brother, Carl.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
He once said he would walk backwards from Bourke if there were any homosexual persons in his electorate.
That's the last thing he should be doing tbh....I think Katter has already had way too much sun exposure.

Honestly, maybe the gay people in his electorate aren't so forthcoming about being gay because there seems to be so much conviction they don't exist.

Idiot!

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Beautifully said. Agree with everything

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So I saw a title on Sydney morning herald that made me laugh pretty vigorously.
The title read, 'silent gay supporters need to speak up' lollllllll
Which gay supporter is fkn silent???!!!!? They're all up in your fucken face. I love how leftists always use this tactic lol and it's even funnier people believe it even though ssm is literally everywhere you look and if you're against in public you're automatically an evil person lol.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Did you's have safe space consensual socially acceptable and completely normal and not mental health issues butt sex?
Why do you care bro? You want in?

Of course! We wouldn't be pc brigadiers if we weren't actively eroding the moral fabric of society. Safe space consensual socially acceptable and completely normal and not mental health issues butt sex is just one of many ways to actively demonstrate dedication to the cause.

Normally I wouldn't think this would need a disclaimer but I know I'm dealing with a Realist here and you have trouble grasping even the most simple, literal principles, so I'll spell it out...

My reply was sarcastic and I think your childish reply speaks volumes about your inability to effectively address the issues raised in the point I was making.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.